X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Updating the tourism page

someone wrote in and reminded me that the Tourism page hasn't been updated in a while and it's true; sometimes we forget that while many of us know the ins and outs of the scene, that page should be kept current for the newbies.

Temptations is new and I am sure some other places have died/opened since we last did write-ups for that page. Since I only visit Thailand a few months per year I would appreciate if any of you regulars can help me out, contact me at [email protected] if you want to handle a page and thanks.

It would be a big help to all the newbs, like me. I crave for as much info as my little cranium can handle.

Comment

well, it can still help you the way it is currently constituted but in a few weeks it will be much more current.

Stewart, we can keep Spore the same unless you have some deletions or additions to your awesome page

Kenno, we could use help with Bali and JKT

Pattaya also, that place is always changing, maybe everyone could pitch in for there and BKK and Chiang Mai

Comment

I'm happy to handle Hong Kong and any other places you may think I'm qualifed to comment on.

Comment

That's great, J, and thank you

I will be the one to handle the new Tourism page and of course I can't be everywhere and only know about the places I hear about and frequent...... so for the page to be really complete I will need and would appreciate help from some people.

Comment

I was going to write my own Pattaya Guide with updates but I can just email it to you and you can cut and paste what you want.
            brock landers

Comment

yes, that would be great and Thank you.......... anything that you don't know about Pattaya can be covered by guys like me and Pig Dogg and some others who go to Pattaya beach a lot.

Comment

What about starting a new forum called "Ladyboy World: What's Going on NOW!" or something like that and letting a bunch of members moderate and control the information in it?

Comment

A whole new forum, or just a new section?

Comment

Originally posted by (gr1mr3ap3r @ Sep. 02 2005,13:26)
                    A whole new forum, or just a new section?
                    Well, I meant a new section.

Actually (I'm being pedantic here!) the whole thing is called a message board which is divided into forums, but I often make the same mistake myself with the terminology and usually refer to the whole thing as 'the forum!'

Comment

I think we already have that covered with the New section [this one], but the idea has merit

I just wish more people would find their way here; based on number of views and replies we are still getting a small percentage to read here, if we had a new sub-forum it may not be read as widely as we would like.

Comment

It might be, if the Tourism link led directly to the forum and it was hosted on one of our sites that wasn't blocked by the LOS cops!

The tourism page would be quite a large project to set up as a part of the web site and with information changing so much it might not always be accurate too.

As you say, however... the 'tourism' is probably already covered in The Travel Forum so starting another one might be spreading the butter too thin!

Also; I'm noticing that more and more people find the forum more useful when they are actually in Thailand, and that's the only tiome it's really difficult to access!

If anyone out there wants to write a regular feature on anything salient to all of us then we can feature it in The Clubhouse on the front page and/or here in the forum.

In the past, however, contributors have rarely sustained interest in keeping even an occasional contribution active so my hopes aren't high!

I'm really wondering why we even have a tourism section on the site. Is it used by anyone do you think?

Comment

Not sure.... only 2 people have ever written me about it, one coming about 2 weeks ago when someone reminded me that it was a bit out - dated and I concurred. I would HOPE some people are reading it, we didn't write that for nothing I would think! and for new guys going to Thailand it should be helpful; of course all the guys who go there regularly don't need it but new guys could find it helpful.

Comment

I'll tell you guys what, I read that things so many times that I finally got tiered of going to it, so I just printed the whole thing out. It helped me out a lot, and I thank you for publishing it. When my trip draws nearer, I plan on asking more questions about Pattaya and Bangkok, mostly bar questions I think...I'll get to it eventually...

Grim

Comment

I would hope that bar page has helped a LOT of people who have been to Thailand over the years; one guy wrote me a letter and said he would have been lost without using that Tourism page for his initial visit to Thailand. I am going to start work on a new one this weekend and see what additions and subtractions we can come up with. I wish more people would help with it because it would be more complete with more input, I have only been so many places.

Comment

Working...
                              X