Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've taken a Thai LB (post-op, naturally ) to a very expensive restaurant in SF a few years ago (back when I was making more money ), and I was quite curious to see how the staff would respond. There wasn't a single miscued response. I think that's one of the aspects of well-mannered people: even if they feel uncomfortable, as long as no affront is made, they are to be gracious and polite. Of course, dinner cost me a fortune, but the sex later was outstanding.
    Retired the top 12.  Need a new dirty dozen.  

Update: The new list is coming together: Nong Poy, Anita, Nok, Gif, Liisa Winkler, Kay, Nina Poon.  Is it possible to find 5 more?  Until then, GGs:  Jessica Alba, Yuko Ogura, Zhang Ziyi, Maggie Q, and Gong Li.

Comment

Originally posted by (Mai-Kee @ Oct. 14 2005,18:39)
      ...work anywhere in the world - I only wanted to point out that Thailand in that case is no difference!
      Since you seem to be in the rug biz, then must wait till LBs will be in fashion
      Time..it's all in the time...
      Do only what you think it's good for you, and not what others think should be good for you!

Comment

all extremely interesting! I find myself more in agreement with Mai Kee than Stogie though I see where he's coming from. I've noted a bit of both sides in my seven trips to LOS, some of which were in long term LB company.

For interest there's an extremely dry sociological article in the  International Journal of Transgenderism, :

Male, Female and Transgender : Stereotypes and Self in        Thailand  By Sam Winter and Nuttawut Udomsak

link:http://www.symposion.com/ijt/ijtvo06no01_04.htm

The second author (it appears from the text) is a Thai transsexual.
        What they did was interview a large number of MTFs to determine their attitudes to male/femaleness and self-image. Only of huge delight to a social psychologist I agree, but I 'd just like to quote from the introduction because it's very relevant to this thread,
        and to me rings very true. (sorry Stogie!)

"Allyn (1991) suggests that kathoey once held an honoured place        in Thai society. At the very least they enjoyed  acceptance, in part        based on the belief that they were being punished in this life for a        misdemeanour in a previous one (Jackson, 1995; 1998; Bunmi, 1986).        However, in contemporary Thai society this acceptance is tempered by a        degree of prejudice (Jackson, 1995; Matzner, 1999) and discrimination.        MtFs remain legally male, even after sex re-assignment. Their birth        certificates, identification cards and passports show them to be male.        They cannot marry a male.

Because of prejudice and discrimination kathoey, even university        graduates, find it hard to obtain professional jobs, or indeed any jobs at        all in public and government service. How, then, do they support        themselves, or for that matter their families? A very small number achieve        success in fashion, music and the media. Others perform in costume and        dance cabarets for tourists. Many others find themselves employed in small        businesses (sometimes family-owned), working as sales clerks, waitresses,        market stallholders, or beauty/ hairdressing salon workers. Others enter        the sex trade for a period of months or years, perhaps until their looks        fade. It should be noted that in doing so they are entering a world that        does not carry the same social and moral stigma that it does in some other        societies (Taywaditep et al., 1997; Peracca et al., 1998). In any case,        some kathoey will see little other choice for making a living.        Brummelhuis (1999) notes that there is very little information about older        Thai MtFs. It is possible that many find the practicalities of transgender        life so difficult that they revert back to an outwardly male        gender-role.

Despite facing prejudice and discrimination the MtF has attained a        prominence in Thai society that is probably unknown elsewhere. MtFs have        been a regular feature of TV shows for years, albeit often as comic        figures. Each year there are several kathoey beauty contests        throughout Thailand, in some cases drawing hundreds of entrants. The two        best known (Miss Tiffany and Miss Alcazar) are either televised or        recorded for later sale as video in mainstream record and video stores.        Indeed, kathoey have become so prominent a part of modern Thai        culture that the authorities have recently taken steps to reduce their        profile, for example making it more difficult for them to work as teachers        or tour guides and advising television stations to curb MtF appearances on        shows."

Wotcher think?

cheers

Comment

Originally posted by (stogie bear @ Oct. 14 2005,14:49)
          I'll wager any amount of money that Kui wouldn't raise any eyebrows whether she was in KFC or dining with the King!
          Gee, Stogie, that is what you make Kui call you? Didn't know you had such a high opinion of yourself.      

Comment

Originally posted by (Lefty @ Oct. 16 2005,16:18)
            Originally posted by (stogie bear @ Oct. 14 2005,14:49)
            I'll wager any amount of money that Kui wouldn't raise any eyebrows whether she was in KFC or dining with the King!
            Gee, Stogie, that is what you make Kui call you? Didn't know you had such a high opinion of yourself.      

Good one Lefty, best laugh I had all day
            Randyman
            ain't life grand

Comment

Originally posted by (Kate @ Oct. 13 2005,19:59)
              Thailand, but if they write that banner in any hotel in the North and South American Continent, I am very sure that people could easily sue the responsible.

In Canada, thats considered major prejudice, and im sure it can become a big problem for the company or establishment that post something like that...
              Thankfully there are Canadian politicians and trial lawyers everywhere to preserve our freedom by legislating and litigating for better human nature!!

Give me liberty, or give me a lawsuit!

Comment

Originally posted by
                Thankfully there are Canadian politicians and trial lawyers everywhere to preserve our freedom by legislating and litigating for better human nature!!
                Laws don't change human nature. Only dreamers would think that they do.

The laws of the world have totally fucked up the integration of black people living outside of Africa.

Blacks have had legal support in America for a century and they are almost no better off now than they were then.

The same with ladyboys and transgendered people. They don't need some well meaning liberal cunts to fuck everything up.

Comment

Prejudice against Transexuals is to be expected as people are always weary of the unknown and you cant blame them . Evolution has designed humans to be suspicious of unfamiliar things thats why we happen to be here.

Sure , prejudice exists against Katoeys in some spheres of life in Thailand but its worse elsewhere. Anyway if some cunt wants to put a sign up ..so what...its up to him.

I was in Taiwan two weeks ago and there are notices in some of the Clubs... NO WESTERNER ALLOWED..... i dont lose any sleep over it .. they dont me then thats fine. I just accept thats the way it is and no amount of brainwashing is going to change the way the Taiwanese view gweilos. And i dont expect then to change either...good luck to them

Political correctness is creeping virus.

Comment

Originally posted by (stogie bear @ Oct. 17 2005,12:00)
                    The same with ladyboys and transgendered people. They don't need some well meaning liberal cunts to fuck everything up.
                    Back in the day, when you lived in Dallas, did you vote for Harriet Miers for City Council?

Comment

Working...
                    X