X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hijra

Topics are getting a little repetitive, so I thought I'd add a twist, for those interested in world-wide Ladyboys....

India's Ladyboys are called "hijra", often incorrectly called eunuchs. Hijra live in households with a "guru" and (in my view) slaves, called "chelas". A guru might have 5-10 chelas. The guru tells the chelas what to do including prostitution, begging, and when to perform at the mandatory weddings and births of male children.

At weddings and births they sing and dance in sexual ways, and are a bit lurid (like showing their parts, looking at the kids genitals, crude jokes). To shun them away is considered bad luck and they demand more money than you want to give (now that's familiar!).

They adore The Mother Goddess Mata, and her son, Shiva, and another deity, Arvuna, and Krishna, all whom have complex androgynous backdrops.

Estimates are from 50K to 1.5M hijra in India (yes, I know, stupid range). In a 1B population, that is 1% or so, and in Australia, that would be near 10%! (maybe they should all move to Oz-land!) They are a caste unto themselves and often shunned from their families and society in general. There are lots of rumors of hijra forcibly "taking" male children to joing them, although that seems to be aging.

Hijra dress and act like women, but in my opinion, most are not too attractive. They live in abject poverty most of the time. However, since 2000 there have been about 3 or more elected to mayoral positions in villages and there's a few sprouting salons with hijra.

In my humble opinion, Thailands Ladyboys still have it way better, with less poverty, acceptance in families, better jobs, no unusual religious practices, and thanks to genetics, better looking. The life of a hijra does not seem like a happy one unfortunately.

All that being said, there are some pictures of totally beautiful hijra around, so I shouldn't generalize too, too much.

Sorry to be blunt, interesting sociological study and all...but..

Where are those pictures ?

Comment

Ziggy,
      Thanks for the post. I've been very curious about lbs in India/Sri Lanka and you've answered most of my questions.
      Cheers

Comment

i bet oilbaron would like this thread?        

Comment

I have been to India a couple of times. Last time I made a concerted effort to find the Hijra but they are like a needle in a haystack. I finally found someone who said they could take me to one. So jumped in a tuk tuk and off we went. Well we arrive at this really dingy looking place and out comes a guy and jumps into the back of the tuk tuk with me. I am thinking that this guy is like the pimp or something and is thaking us to to the real girls. No way he was the she Fuck me I this Hijra looked more manly than me.

Comment

I'll get a few photos from the internet posts I've been reading, but I hear ya. A bit scary.

But it also a bit unfair, as there are some wonderful looking LBs too. What I haven't been able to read about, but what I think is true is that there are LBs separate from this hijra mafia stuff. There was a beautiful Indian LB who came in 2nd in 2003's Miss Tiffany's (I could be wrong, it might be another major event, but lots of photos of her on net).

Comment

Originally posted by (ziggystardust @ Oct. 25 2005,00:04)
              I'll get a few photos from the internet posts I've been reading, but I hear ya. A bit scary.

But it also a bit unfair, as there are some wonderful looking LBs too. What I haven't been able to read about, but what I think is true is that there are LBs separate from this hijra mafia stuff. There was a beautiful Indian LB who came in 2nd in 2003's Miss Tiffany's (I could be wrong, it might be another major event, but lots of photos of her on net).

Yes, actually she was 1st runner up in the 2004 Miss International Queen contest held at the Tiffany Cabaret Theatre. I think her name is Arisa Rani - a Singaporean of Indian heritage. This is her photo as posted from last year. So I agree with Ziggy, there are some beautiful Indian lbs out there. By the way, she is postop!

Attached Files

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
              Membership Levels
              The Rookie Thread
              New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
              Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

IMHO, if you attracted to the Indian type, you can find a few good ones in Malaysia and S'pore only.
                I met an almost stunner in KL. She was mix indian-malay but looked at least 80% indian.
                The only negative parts were the hairiness and the somehow strong body odour
                Going to India hunting for LBs.at your own risk and peril I think!!!
                Do only what you think it's good for you, and not what others think should be good for you!

Comment

I will be in Mumbai next month - where do I find these hijra?

Comment

Good question. I've been to Mumbai 5 times, never saw a hijra. I have no idea, but ask the Hotel concierge, and give him a tip.

BTW, funniest passage I read on this topic was about Pakistani hijra. Went something like this:

As the Lahore crowd of men in the red light district watched her swaying hips and sensuous lips, she licked a finger and gyrated to their great admiration. She was sexy, beautiful, and a hijra.

At 11pm, the owner flicked the lights once and said, "Last song, then we go for prayers." Come back at 12.

Comment

Working...
                    X