X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone seen beautiful boxer yet?

Has anyone seen this picture yet based on that one particular ladyboy who began as a kickboxer to pay for her transformation yet?

If so, is the movie accurate?

Transformation magazine gave it a good review. Has any of you guys seen it?
    Love life to its fullest.

I've seen it and have seen Nong Toom up close at a screening in California. She's gorgeous, and seems to be very nice. I think that in most ways the movie is accurate. I forget her answer (and the director's answer, too) to that question. I believe that there were a few creative licenses taken, but it's pretty accurate for the most part.

I give it two thumbs up! However, I would say that it's not necessarily the stuff of great cinema. But, it beats (almost?) every Tom Cruise movie ever made.
    Retired the top 12.  Need a new dirty dozen.  

Update: The new list is coming together: Nong Poy, Anita, Nok, Gif, Liisa Winkler, Kay, Nina Poon.  Is it possible to find 5 more?  Until then, GGs:  Jessica Alba, Yuko Ogura, Zhang Ziyi, Maggie Q, and Gong Li.

Comment

I didn't enjoy it, but then again I haven't seen an Asian movie that I did enjoy.

This one seeped of predictable melodrama and maudlin moments that really slowed the movie down.

Quite a glossy fairytale and I'm sure it's way above average compared with most (if not all) Asian contributions to the movie industry!

Comment

Originally posted by (stogie bear @ Oct. 27 2005,00:30)
        I haven't seen an Asian movie that I did enjoy.
        You gotta see Kung Fu Hustle, if you like comedy & martial arts!!!

Comment

Skip Kung Fu Hustle, his previous movie Shaolin Soccer is MUCH Better. But get the original version with subtitles, not the shortened dubbed version.

Ong Bak - Muay Thai Fighter is great, you like kung fu, go see it. The follow up Tom Yung Goong is also good, but the 1st is better.

There is also a Thai movie about a ladyboy volleyball team, its a true storey too (mostly). http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0263957/
          "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

Originally posted by (gr1mr3ap3r @ Oct. 27 2005,14:34)
            Originally posted by (stogie bear @ Oct. 27 2005,00:30)
            I haven't seen an Asian movie that I did enjoy.
            You gotta see Kung Fu Hustle, if you like comedy & martial arts!!!
            Unfortunately, movie makers and I can't seem to agree on the meaning of the word 'comedy.' I never watch martial arts movies. Too noisy and silly.

I'm one of those boring types that believes that movies are an art form. Hollywood disagrees with me!

Comment

Have you never seen any movie of one of the great Chinese directors like Kaige Chen, Zhang Yimou, Ang Lee, Peter Chan, Xiaoshuai Wang...? what about the wonderful Vietnamese movies "Cyclo" or "The Scent of Green Papaya" by Tran Nu Yên-Khê? I'm a heavily addicted movie buff and there are for sure at least 5 Asian movies among my top 10 list, and for sure no martial arts movies (always the same and bloody boring). Of course there are good ones too, but they're just not my thing.
              If you want action in a different way, then maybe the excellent Japanese movies of Takeshi Kitano, the slightly weird stuff from Takashi Miike or maybe the absolute mega-classics of Akira Kurosawa, the "Shakespeare of 20th century cinema", are something for you.
              There's a lot to be discovered in Asian cinema and only a few Baht away from you, on the next streetcorner in BKK.

MK
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEdXtf-GHvU

Comment

Beautiful Boxer is not a great cinema production, but it is a great movie about a LBs life. Hers was dramatic, but the childhood was interesting for me.

SB --> Tom Yum Goong is great as is Ong Bak!

The absolute worst movie of all time has to be Iron Pussy.

Comment

I watched it about 2 weeks ago and thought it was very well done. It's been playing on the HereTV Gay and Lesbian channel on Dish Network. http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/p...TV/index.shtml

Comment

Originally posted by (Snick @ Oct. 27 2005,00:50)
                    Skip Kung Fu Hustle, his previous movie Shaolin Soccer is MUCH Better. But get the original version with subtitles, not the shortened dubbed version.
                    Any Stephen Chow movie will do...I like em all!

Comment

Originally posted by (Mai-Kee @ Oct. 27 2005,01:25)
                      the slightly weird stuff from Takashi Miike
                      I loved Audition! I have a poster in my room autographed by the main actor...

Comment

see..
                        Attached Files

Comment

"The Eye Infinity" One of my favorite Thai movies, although not high budget still cool...

Attached Files

Comment

Check out "Shutter" a really good Thai horror movie.
                            "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

Originally posted by (ziggystardust @ Oct. 28 2005,05:52)
                              The absolute worst movie of all time has to be Iron Pussy.
                              I disagree... The title alone sets it way high in my estimation!

Comment

Working...
                              X