X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Make a hiv test

I plan to bring my favourite lb with me at the beach for a couple of weeks in January. Maybe it sounds stupid ,but what do you think guys ,about let the girl doing a hiv test before I take her.Is there any good places to do the test in Bkk.I've heard that there is no incubation period anymore and that the new test can find out if you where contaminated the day before.As you know that I live in China ,there isn't any doctor I know to ask this.Anybody of you did the same before ?? I just like doing bj and want to be safer.Thanks for your comments.

med school 101.

there ain't no such fucking thing as a perfect test. if the label says 100 percent sensitivity and specificity you are out of your mind to believe it. this is based on my experience as a biomedical researcher, clinician, author, and teacher.

also, one should know the different HIV tests that are usually performed. this has a huge difference in sensitivity and specificity.
    This is ten percent luck, twenty percent skill
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will
    Five percent pleasure, fifty percent pain
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!
    FORT MINOR-REMEMBER THE NAME

Comment

Originally posted by (obelikz @ Dec. 30 2005,07:21)
      I plan to bring my favourite lb with me at the beach for a couple of weeks in January. Maybe it sounds stupid ,but what do you think guys ,about let the girl doing a hiv test before I take her.Is there any good places to do the test in Bkk.I've heard that there is no incubation period anymore and that the new test can find out if you where contaminated the day before.
      There are other bad things, not all of which are curable, you can get other than HIV/AIDS:

Herpes
      Genital warts
      Molloscum (yuck)
      Gonorrhea
      Chlamydia
      Chancroid
      Granuloma inguinale
      Syphilis
      Trichomoniasis
      Hepatitis A,B,C, possibly leading to liver cirrhosis or cancer

Wrap your dick and don't put your mouth anywhere your grandmother wouldn't and you'll be safer.

Comment

I don't think Obelisk is talking about barebacking. While passing a HIV test doesn't guarantee a thing, it adds a measure of security. And it certainly beats flunking an AIDs test.

Comment

I hope everyone on here who goes anywhere in Asia and does like to gets intimate with the local girls has first had there Hep A&B shots. Something you should know is that Hepatitis B is 200 times more contagious the HIV and 15% of the population of Asia is a carrier of this virus. So you have a much greater chance of Hep B infection then that of HIV. Hep B can kill you just as easy as HIV when given time since it attacks the Liver over about a 10 year period. The good news is there are shots available for Hep A&B and anyone who's not had them and playing with Ladyboys in Thailand is really asking for it.

Comment

Originally posted by (Bam @ Dec. 30 2005,09:50)
            I hope everyone on here who goes anywhere in Asia and does like to gets intimate with the local girls has first had there Hep A&B shots. Something you should know is that Hepatitis B is 200 times more contagious the HIV and 15% of the population of Asia is a carrier of this virus. So you have a much greater chance of Hep B infection then that of HIV. Hep B can kill you just as easy as HIV when given time since it attacks the Liver over about a 10 year period. The good news is there are shots available for Hep A&B and anyone who's not had them and playing with Ladyboys in Thailand is really asking for it.
            About 50% of the population in Taiwan are Hep B carriers.

Comment

First, I would like to suggest that everyone get proper immunizations. Hep B is a three dose vax that is pretty benign. I had the series in the past (basically all medical professionals will get it in the USA). Make sure if you get the series to check your titer because not everyone develops immunity following the standard course.

Second, the statement "Hep B can kill you just as easy as HIV when given time since it attacks the Liver over about a 10 year period" is not really grounded in medical literature. Can HBV cause death? Absolutely. However, most people go into remission and become carriers and show no outward sign of disease. This is different from HCV which proceeds to liver failure much more frequently than HBV. Even in the totality overall death rates for HBV at least in industrialized countries is relatively low. On the other hand HIV/AIDS is probably more likely to kill you over the long run. Although, some medical professionals would have you believe that HIV/AIDS is approaching a chronic state that can be managed albeit not cured. Given the imaging studies of HIV gone bad that I interpret daily.....I have my doubts as to the truth of the "chronic disease state". That being said, as they do in boxing...protect yourself at all times (condoms and vax if available).

Comment

I've thought about the same thing honestly. If your gonna spend like a week or so with a chick, why not get her tested? Probably check yourself as well.

Comment

I hade the first 2 of the Heb B injection and last one will be 2 weeks time...After I hade the test done for Aids.. it was a long wery long week to wait..I am OK
                  When I tell the Dr. about the LOS and LBs he is giving me the tests and the injections....
                  So many Ladyboys so little time..

Comment

Any hospital in BKK, of course, does the test. A very western friendly one is Bumrungrad. It is better than most hospitals in the world, and I've had myself and my partner tested there, with tact.

Comment

Thanks Ziggy

Comment

Originally posted by (ziggystardust @ Dec. 31 2005,03:05)
                        Any hospital in BKK, of course, does the test. A very western friendly one is Bumrungrad. It is better than most hospitals in the world, and I've had myself and my partner tested there, with tact.
                        Stogie put together a great list of Hospitals in Thailand in this thread:

http://www.asian-ts.com/cgi-bin....rungrad

Comment

Originally posted by (relpax @ Dec. 30 2005,12:05)
                           Make sure if you get the series to check your titer because not everyone develops immunity following the standard course.
                          That is correct. Not everyone develops immunity as a result of the three part Hep B series. Playing with ladyboys or Thai girls puts you at biog time risk, so get the series done. If you don't have time for the third before your trip (it's 6 month later), get the first two (the second is one month later).

You should get the Hep A shot too but I belive Hep A is not sexually transmitted; its more of a food and water thing.

Comment

Originally posted by (ziggystardust @ Dec. 31 2005,04:05)
                            with tact.
                            Any suggestions Zig?

Comment

hep a is technically not sexually transmitted. one gets it through the fecal oral route. someone poops in the river and you drink the water....or unclean hands. although, i suppose if you like to lick ass and your partner is infected....hhhmm ok no more rim jobs for me. :P tongue in cheek but true.

Comment

Working...
                              X