Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by (PigDogg @ Dec. 31 2005,03:14)
    Originally posted by (relpax @ Dec. 30 2005,12:05)
     Make sure if you get the series to check your titer because not everyone develops immunity following the standard course.
    That is correct.  Not everyone develops immunity as a result  of the three part Hep B series.   Playing with ladyboys or Thai girls puts you at  biog time risk, so get the series done.  If you don't have time for the third before your trip (it's 6 month later), get the first two (the second is one month later).

You should get the Hep A shot too but I belive Hep A is not sexually transmitted; its more of a food and water thing.
    I'm geting my third one in two weeks...just 4weeks after the first one..secon one was 1week after the first... My Dr. tells me it's new ...
    So many Ladyboys so little time..

Comment

I believe it's B that is transmitted by saliva? Shared chopsticks is the reason China, Taiwan have such huge cases of it. By that I mean you pick something out of a center dish, put the chopsticks in your your mouth, then reach back into the center dish, thus contaminating it. Done by pretty much everyone in Asia.

For "tact", you need not really do anything, I more meant that the staff at Bumrungrad don't blink an eye at a LB, and if you go in and ask for a test, there are no snickers or side looks. It is just very, very well done (the whole hospital is like that). I've been in there with May over 5 times for various items (skin problem, hair problem, HIV test), and I always felt 100% comfortable there.

Comment

Originally posted by (ziggystardust @ Jan. 01 2006,20:56)
        I believe it's B that is transmitted by saliva? Shared chopsticks is the reason China, Taiwan have such huge cases of it. By that I mean you pick something out of a center dish, put the chopsticks in your your mouth, then reach back into the center dish, thus contaminating it. Done by pretty much everyone in Asia.
        This is incorrect.

Although small amounts of virus can be found in saliva, chopsticks and double-dipping are not the primary means of transmission.

The historically high prevalence rates of chronic hepatitis, particularly B, in many Asian countries is primarily due to vertical transmission at the time of birth.

These rates are falling in places such as Taiwan due to aggressive antepartum maternal screening, and treatment of babies born to Hep B positive mothers with HBIG (hep B immunoglobulin) and hep B vaccine after birth.

Comment

Working...
        X