Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retired ladyboys

Hi,

Where do the ladyboys go after they get a bit on?

Are they married off? Opened a business or some other option??

Do they live happily ever after??

Thanks...

Yes, yes and in some cases yes again. Not a pressing problem for the majority here to dwell on, give the masses a lot of different Lb's every month to droll and bop their balonies over and do you really think they give a fiddler's fart over a Lb who is over 25?

Comment

They all go to the retirement home for wayward ladyboys.

Comment

Was just wondering what happened to the person who decided to become a ladyboy.

Seems that the sex option for making a living will die out quick and was curious what they would do to survive.

Comment

From what I hear (correct me if I am wrong), but ladyboys can't actually legally marry in Thailand. One girl, Peem from Obsessions, was telling me that their options are very limited as the government doesn't want to promote ladyboys. I guess the thinking is that if ladyboys are married there will be more ladyboys, and so on and so on. Also I guess there are some professions such as doctors, dentists, etc... that are closed off to ladyboys no matter how qualifed they may be. Peem gave me a list of 5-6 professions, other than working in a bar they could do, none of which would pay nearly as much money.
          I'm a rough-ridin', hootin' and hollerin', ladyboy lovin' cowboy! Bang bang yer dead!!!

Comment

Ah I see.

Kinda sad and I guess that is why they can get rather focused about money when they are in the hmmm, entertainment business so to say.

Comment

Sex work is about 17-25 years old, with a few going to 28. I have never seen one over that working in sex.

After that, some get jobs in salons, shopping centers, whereever they can. Some return to their villages and live out a simple life like everyone else there. Note if you ask some now what they will do, quite a few say "I am saving to buy a salon or a house in my village".

There are some as well that go back to dressing as a man. I have met a few. The reason is that they lose their beauty and are self-concious about that. If you can believe it, the beautiful Oy of Cascades once told me, "At 40 I must be a man again.". Frankly, I think the ones that do that are very, very, very few. The gender switch just doesn't switch off to male suddenly. I have seen some 50 and even 65 year old Ladyboys still dressing as women.

Forget Ladyboys, for anyone in Thailand, getting over 40 becomes misery if you're poor.

To see a Ladyboys now man, one of the mamasan's in Cascades is exactly that, as is a travel agent on Soi 4 near the Family Mart. On Wireless road up near New Petchburi corner, there is about a 65 year old Ladyboy selling flowers every evening and night. And there is about 50 or so Ladyboy often seen on Soi Nana selling "som tam" food. She looks quite elegant still, and even some Thais didn't know she is a Ladyboy until I made them look closer. She wears a big straw hat always, is tall, and has very, very long delicate fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by (ziggystardust @ Jan. 07 2006,10:09)
                Forget Ladyboys, for anyone in Thailand, getting over 40 becomes misery if you're poor.
                Very much true!
                And that applies almost everywhere in Asia, where the social welfare is not really supportive.
                Come to HKG and see the 80 y.o. ladies scavaging for an aluminium can or a carton box to re-sell to the recycling workshops
                Anyway, as I said in other threads, I personally know a 37 y.o. LB working in a fashion studio as receptionist and a 40 over y.o. working in communication industry.
                So, life doesn't stop at 25 for ladyboys..
                Do only what you think it's good for you, and not what others think should be good for you!

Comment

You would be surprised how many work in companies (both local and international). Also, I have seen quite a few working in government departments. As a percentage of the population LBs are in a very clear minority so its no surprise when you only see one working in any particular office.
                  Back in the scene after a couple of years away. And no that does not mean I was residing at her majesty's pleasure. God it is good to be back among the girls with that bit extra!

Comment

Originally posted by (Bravo @ Jan. 07 2006,16:14)
                    You would be surprised how many work in companies (both local and international). Also, I have seen quite a few working in government departments. As a percentage of the population LBs are in a very clear minority so its no surprise when you only see one working in any particular office.
                    Sure, I saw one working in a BMA (Bangkok Metropolitan Administration) and one, who I dated, in the Main Police Office in Kuala Lumpur/Malaysia.
                    Plenty of others in any kind of company as you rightly said. So, once again, we are saying that LBs are not just a Nana thing..au contraire..
                    Do only what you think it's good for you, and not what others think should be good for you!

Comment

Working...
                    X