X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm pretty sure....

Booked my flight to Rio De Janerio for February. See al you LB's in March in Bangkok, Phuket and Pattaya (Only to see Nancy). Heading for the North country for the first tiem...Chaing Mai. Wish me Luck, Anne, Benz and whoever else is up there. Where should I stay?

If you go to my trip report, this might give you some info on Chiang Mai.

Hopefully this link will take you to the page the Chiang Mai part is on, you might find the whole report interesting for info overall.

http://www.asian-ts.com/cgi-bin....5;st=20
    Robin

You pays your money & takes your chance. This isn't a rehearsal do it now, it's no good looking back when it's a lover & wishing.... ITS TOO LATE.

Comment

Originally posted by (Leoaugust22 @ Jan. 12 2006,11:54)
      Booked my flight to Rio De Janerio for February. See al you LB's in March in Bangkok, Phuket and Pattaya (Only to see Nancy). Heading  for the North country for the first tiem...Chaing Mai. Wish me Luck, Anne, Benz and whoever else is up there. Where should I stay?
      Are you an American? I've heard that its terribly difficult for an American to get a visa for Brazil these days.

The Vampire
      LOGOS

Comment

I heard the same.

Comment

why would brazil limit american visas? that is surprising!?!
          This is ten percent luck, twenty percent skill
          Fifteen percent concentrated power of will
          Five percent pleasure, fifty percent pain
          And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!
          FORT MINOR-REMEMBER THE NAME

Comment

Yes, from USA

I'll let you know in a week if the Brazilian visa is a problem. They have my passport, travel documents, etc., to process the visa. They certainly gave me the impression it would only take a few days to get it issued. Responded/acted as if it's just a formality getting the visa issued, not a question as to if it would be issued.

Thanks for the info on Chaing Mai. Your report kind of has me wondering if it's worth the trip. Seems as if their nothing there that I can't get in BK.

What about Cambodia or Burma for a few days? I'm into GG too (legal).
            Those places a little to edge-e, risky?

Comment

Chiang Mai, is definitely no Bangkok, Pattaya, or Phuket, but it has its own charm & its quiet, while the tourist horde & backpackers are about they are not quite the swarm they are in the other destinations. The Thais seem less tainted there as well, more like they used to be on my first vists in the late 70's early 80's. There are quite a few LB's working the cabarets that will go with you, if you have time & actually like the LOS, for more than the sex trade, it is well worth a visit.

I have only visited Cambodia a few times & Burma twice, both were over 10 years ago, Burma was interesting but i did not like it, same, same Cambodia, they are not substitutes for the the fun you can have in the LOS. If you are interested in travel they are worth a look.
              Robin

You pays your money & takes your chance. This isn't a rehearsal do it now, it's no good looking back when it's a lover & wishing.... ITS TOO LATE.

Comment

Working...
              X