X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Up north

Hi troops, still stuck in the Phen but have a couple of weeks in Bkk on the horizon and then thought of looking around up north, any recent newws would be good. Is it o.k. to chat up the girls after the simon show, has anybody had any luck ?

Check out my travel report, hopefully the link below will get you to the right page.

http://www.asian-ts.com/cgi-bin....5;st=20
    Robin

You pays your money & takes your chance. This isn't a rehearsal do it now, it's no good looking back when it's a lover & wishing.... ITS TOO LATE.

Comment

It is VERY OK to chat up the girls after the show at Simon

Both BangkokMike and I have had good luck in this regard

A short story about my experience with one girl there

On my first visit to Chiang Mai some time ago, I was looking for a certain girl Kahk

Not seeing her during the first show, I asked one of the staff where she was

Due to my incorrect pronunciation of her name, they simply shrugged there shoulders and said sorry

Not to be deterred, I went to a nearby internet shop, downloaded and printed a picture from ATS, and went back to the show

With picture in hand, I sought the same girl (one of the "greeting" staff) who - upon seeing the picture - smiled broadly and promised to find Kahk (pronounced "keck") to let her know an admirer was in the audience

To my disappointment, I ws subsequently told that Kahk was on vacation at that time - but when I asked if she had a friend in the show who would be willing to share her phone number, the girl said "ok, I will check"

Upon exiting the second show, I was approached with the photo and a mobile phone number written on the back

It took several attempts, but I was finally able to hook up with Kahk some months later - saw her several times since, and spent a very memorable 3 days over Songkran with her last year

For your purposes - if you do see someone in the show that you like, I recommend a generous tip for a photograph, an inquiry if she would like to meet later for food or dancing, and - if she is agreeable - an exchange of phone numbers

You can ask her to call / meet you when she leaves work - a favorite "after work" hangout is the Rodeo disco a few blocks away

Alternately, you can just catch her eye outside (while she is having her photo taken) after the second show and hang out in the parking lot for 15-30 minutes until she has removed makeup, changed into street clothes, and exits the backstage door

One note - the troupe is often rehearsing - or giving tryouts to current performers for - a new song and dance routine

As the show director does not allow any of the girls to leave until work is finished for all, those who are not involved in the new number are nevertheless compelled to "hang out" and be bored in the audience seats

Your willingness to stay with your girl - or better still, hop on your "motor-si" to make a 7-11 run for soft drinks and snacks for her and her friends - will endear you greatly

I note previous postings of Simon show backstage photos and information (all quite acccurate)

As tuk-tuks and taxis can be scarce in the small soi where the Simon show is located - especially by the time the girls normally finish work around 11:30 PM - I strongly recommend renting a motor-si during your stay

I have had good luck at Buddy's internet shop - open early, closes after midnight, nice staff, standard 300 bt / day rate

Partying with your Simon girl - and her friends - around town can be a fun experience

In my visits there, I went to many great restaurants and clubs that were packed and rocking most of the night

Per Thai custom, however, be prepared to foot the bill for both her and her friends (as it is Chiang Mai, it will not be too expensive)

Bottom line - if you are willing to adopt the Simon show girls' schedule - that is,

- party at local clubs and restaurants until 4 AM,

- play in your hotel room until daylight (or later),

- sleep all day before seeing her off to her room around 4-5 PM (she has to be at work at 6 PM), and

- then meet again after the second show around 11:30 PM to do it all again

a LT experience with your new Simon friend will be fun

Good luck

Comment

Hi troops, just to say thanks to rob69in and thick81, ill give you my update on return.:

Comment

Originally posted by
          I ws subsequently told that Kahk was on vacation at that time...

Comment

Working...
          X