Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bars Closed ?...who knows !

Just read this on Stickman's Site.

"this coming weekend the general election will be held. The sale of alcohol will be prohibited from 6 PM Saturday until midnight Sunday...meaning that a good number of the bars and places where farangs like to go at night will be closed."

He is probably right, bars have been closed in previous elections...but nothing is 'normal' these days. I will be in Pattaya and I'm pretty sure they will be ignoring that rule.

Remember to Vote Early and Vote Often
    "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Hello Snick,

You're right about the shutdown - it will depend on the attitude of the Police in each area. The last election most bars started serving again a couple of hours early.

Also I seem to remember that it does not apply to places that serve food. Real restaurants not bars/street vendors.

RR.
    Pedants rule, OK. Or more precisely, exhibit certain of the conventional trappings of leadership.

"I love the smell of ladyboy in the morning."
    Kahuna

Comment

Patpong was dry for three days last time but still opne for business ....someone told me that Cascades ignores the prohibitions and drink runs freely there??.

Also im pretty sure i got a beer in Cascades last time but i wouldnt put my house on it, maybe just the shed.

Even some Hotel bars wont sell beer, i was in the Narai Hotel and it was as dry as a camels carcass.

Comment

Last year when I arrived in Pattaya... my first night there I'm informed by the hotel by a letter in my room that due to the general election the next day the sale of alcohol will be prohibited from 6 PM that day till 6 PM the next day. So that evening I went down to Walking Street and sure enough everything seems closed and the cops were out in full force to make sure no one wants to even think about opening. So I met up with a friend and we decided Walking Street was a total bust that night so we went up to sabiland for a soapy and what do you know...... they have beer for sale. Illegal no doubt to sell it to us but did we care?

Comment

Guess It'll be Paaaarteee in Snick's room .
          I think I'll invite Bam, no not you Bam , the cute Bam

Comment

The only ones who always ignore the prohibition during elections in BKK tourist areas are the Japanese bars and restaurants at Soi Thaniya.

MK
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEdXtf-GHvU

Comment

The LBs just move to the streets, for cheaper prices. It ain't all bad.

Comment

For all of you in Bangkok this Saturday night, the bars will be closed from 6 p.m. Saturday through 6 p.m. Sunday. I know this because three of the LB's told me that their bar, Cascade Bar is closing and they all have a holiday. From the mouth of the Big Boss, to the LB'S, to me.

Comment

Official word as of last night is that bars close at 6pm.

I went to 3 LB bars. All 3 said they 'think' they will be open but won't know until about 5pm. Depends on if everyone in Nana gives enough money to the cops is my guess.

Comment

Damn it I will miss the election arriving to late. Missed my chance to be a sneaky old guy running amok looking for a speakeasy, Thai style.
                    I would of still had a few drinks and a LB or two.

incher

Comment

What a wierd weekend, the bars were closed saturday in Pattaya...except on Soi 6 where they were open and were not even bothering hiding the fact. Many LB from other bars spent Saturday on Soi 6 and Hi Boss.

Sunday gave the impression that no one knew what the story was. With about half closed and half open, but it depended on the location. Soi 13/4 where Penthouse Hotel is, was business as usual. Soi 7 and 8 had 1/2 the bars closed and no music playing at all. I heard walking street was dead, but I did not go myself.

Luckily I have a lot of phone numbers.

Comment

(Snick @ Mar. 30 2006,19:01) Guess It'll be Paaaarteee in Snick's room   .
                        I think I'll invite Bam, no not you Bam   , the cute Bam  
                        Snick... turn on Skype video again and show me more of those hot girls in your room... hahahaha She was cute,,, what was her name again?

Comment

That was Piar (pronounced Beer), no more webcasts I'm back in Bangkok, wait 2 weeks till songkron.

Comment

Their was no Alchahol, but the law didn't say anything about lighting up your hookah.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                            X