X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An Outing in Bangkok

There's been a few stories on getting ripped off, held at knife-point, etc. Maybe it's because I'm a fat old fart, but I can't believe that some of you youngin's aren't more careful.

Here's my typical night out:

-Do not carry any credit cards in pants, ensure I have just enough cash, but not too much
    -No expensive jewellry or watches, phone in pouch that is attached to my belt and can't be pulled off.
    -Fix house (or before I had a house, hotel room), so all things that would be enticing to be ripped off are hidden away or in the safe.
    -Make sure my condoms and gel are at home and don't use hers, ever.
    -Go out, do not take a street LB unless I've seen her many times on the street, know one of her friends, and could find her again  (98% of time take a bar girl)
    -Always get the girl's number before going home (telephone and name), and with my new phone, her photo. This makes her think just a little more.
    -If I'm feeling drunk, try and go it easy before going home before the event
    -At home, she showers first while I hide my pocket money, mobile, and watch
    -I shower with door open so I can spot her if I'm feeling really uncomfortable, or shower together.
    -If she says no shower for her, I say good night. If she says give me money first, I say good night. If she says how much you pay, and she wants more, I say good night. In short, if I have any feeling whatsoever of discomfort, I say get outta here, because something worse could happen later if she has that attitude.
    -Keep light on for first few minutes so I can see if there any uglies down there. If there is, like pimples (maybe herpes), stick to kissing and hand jobs.

Now, all of this comes naturally, and with that process I haven't been ripped off in quite a while. Only 2 times I did was when I avoided these steps (phone in pocket, ripped off at KC3, camera on table at home, ripped off by street girl I didn't know).

Like, if you have $5K or nice jewellry hanging around, or take trash off the street, think of doing the same in your country. You'd tell yourself, "God I'm stupid". My experience is that Thai's are far more cunning than westerners because they look so damn sweet. But they are unbelievably cunning, sometimes.

My newest tactic, of phone pic, phone number, I think, is not a bad one. You can then print it and give it to the cops, and she knows that.

Great advice, as usual, Ziggy
    seriously pig headed,arrogant,double standard smart ass poster!

Comment

That's good stuff. Especially taking a picture first. Sharp thinking.

When you're in the Navy they tell you a lot about handling yourself in foreign ports. A couple of tips I would add:

If you carry a walet, passport, or other type of little book to put your goods in, only pack the minimum stuff you will need. Put two rubber bands around it, one each going crosswise. This makes it very difficult for anyone to pull it out of your pocket without you feeling it. (The rubber makes it stick, it won't slide out of your pocket)

Put same in your front pocket, never back pocket.

Never get too drunk. Seems obvious, but what-have-you. Drink some water in between drinks. Stay hydrated.

Split up the money you do carry into as many sections as you can. Put some in the walet, but also some in the same pocket not in the walet. Put some in the other pocket. If you have very secure back pockets, a bag, camera case etc. put some in there.

In general the more you carry the more can get grabbed, but whatever you do carry should be used to split up your money. This makes it less likely that you will lose all of it.

Comment

All good and sensible advice. When I go to Pattaya, I mostly end up during low season July to August . I always book 2 rooms, one for me with all my stuff and the other for the work room With room prices being pretty low any way i find its better for me to have a room that i know is clean etc and in the long run it aint much dearer then st rooms if u have a few st a day. Where i stay they always give me good discount for the 2 rooms.

Comment

ziggy and company thanks...very good advice especially for first-timers like me...5 days and counting

kahuna
          "It's not Gay if you beat them up afterwards."  --- Anon

Comment

(kahuna @ May 04 2006,02:27) ziggy and company thanks...very good advice especially for first-timers like me...5 days and counting

kahuna
            you will have a ball. Enjoy and don't worry about too much, just worry about if u can keep it up to the lovelys

Comment

(grunyen @ May 04 2006,00:30) Put two rubber bands around it, one each going crosswise. This makes it very difficult for anyone to pull it out of your pocket without you feeling it. (The rubber makes it stick, it won't slide out of your pocket)
              Great idea! God i love the Navy

What I always try to do is take their photos. If they don't want you snapping a few shots of them then don't take them to your hotel... they may have a reason for not wanting their photos taken.. It identifies who they are!! And be sure to lock the camera up in the safe once you get to the room. If they know you have photos of them they are less likely to do anything wrong. On some occasions I would take the camera out of the safe to do a shoot in the room... like with Monica who I was a bit worried about. I popped the SD flash card out of the camera and swapped it with another in front of her.. put the first card in the safe locked it up. This way she knew I still would have photos of her even if my camera was gone. It€™s all about being €œStreet Smart€ the Thai way.

Comment

Taking a camera into the Hi Boss bar in Pattaya may have been a risk but it was the only way to bring you guys all the great photos of the place. When I got to the lovely room upstairs with Janny she insisted that I place my wallet, phone, and camera in this tin box on the wall that said 'Locker' on it. It had a little pad lock on the side that anyone could open with a paper clip. She hands me this key and said "You have only key in Thailand to open locker" hahhahaha! I thought about what she just said and laughed, I took control and told her no I keep camera, phone, and wallet with me in the shower! I'm not going to leave it alone in the room in a tin box. You just have to be wise, always stay in control of the situation, and don't drink too much!

Funny thing was when I was done with fucking Janny and met up with Snick downstairs he asked me if I had put my stuff in their safe. I said €œhell no!€ he laughed and said €œyeah I kept all my shit with me too in the shower€¦ good thing you did too€¦ there was some guy walking around the hall when you were in the shower!€
                Attached Files

Comment

Ziggy, Grunyen, Bam - good job

Good stuff for the newcomers

Hey Grunyen, didn't know you were a Navy boy - what did you do when you were haze grey and underway?

Comment

(thick81 @ May 04 2006,13:30) Ziggy, Grunyen, Bam - good job

Good stuff for the newcomers

Hey Grunyen, didn't know you were a Navy boy - what did you do when you were haze grey and underway?
                    Wacked off in the stalls of course.

Sigh, no one else will think that's funny.

I worked aviation electronics. Mostly in Virginia, but I did some time (and a Med cruise) on carriers.

Big ol' Boats those.

Comment

(Bam @ May 04 2006,03:13) What I always try to do is take their photos. If they don't want you snapping a few shots of them then don't take them to your hotel... they may have a reason for not wanting their photos taken.. It identifies who they are!!
                      even better still, if you can get a picture of them holding their ID card (just make sure its is theirs and genuine)

This is even more beneficial  if you are taking photos of the girl as it is good proof of age so if somebody tries to claim the girl is underage then you have the proof to hand.
                      Too old to die young!

Comment

I have been going to Thailand for fifteen years and have never had a problem. You have to be careful, of course, but in general it is fairly safe. Lots of places that are much worse, including Indonesia and the Philippines.
                        Pete

Comment

As for keeping your stuff safe in the room, I swear by Pac-Safe (http://www.pac-safe.com/).  Those room safes are often dodgy.  A pac-safe around your suitcase allows you to keep everything secure, as long as you hook it around something (eg: bed frame).  It also deters the baggage handlers at the airports from fucking with your stuff.

Comment

Some good tips, and any newbs should be aware that their aftershave or any other expenisve toiletries should also be moved to the safe!!

I like the idea of taking a picture first though, although I have stopped taking my mobile out with me when I go to those areas.

But like already mentioned Thailand in general is extremely safe but it pays to be cautious.

Comment

All good stuff, but as has been said before, the clueless & unaware are alover the place & will be for time immorial. Fortunately this reduces the pressure on the harder targets.
                              Robin

You pays your money & takes your chance. This isn't a rehearsal do it now, it's no good looking back when it's a lover & wishing.... ITS TOO LATE.

Comment

Working...
                              X