Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(Mai-Kee @ May 11 2006,14:02)      Great thoughts, man!
    I was asking this a couple of weeks ago, as I'm working on something like that and had some excellent inputs by you guys.
    http://asiantsgirls.com/cgi-bin....+lb+bar

You're absolutely right with BKK as the best place for such a venture. The idea of the beer bar complex is excellent - a bit off the scene and out of the focus - butbest of all, you NEED a short time as close by as possible!
    The license thing is true, but you could either buy an existing gogo bar or open a club - guess that's what you meant above with drinking&dancing license. On a dancefloor there's enough room for presentation - and interpretation what's gogo and what not.

.... to trebor: Sukh. soi 33 are only upmarket gg bars. No lb's!

MK
    Thanks Mai Kee - I had not seen that thread.

The biggest problem with a gogo is what 'history' your buying. They have a 3 warnings and your out policy. Basically if the bar has been closed twice before for showing or any other 'unsuitable' behaviour - you have one chance left. When that 3rd chance is gone, your closed down and the licence is not renewed. So, for example Hollywood in Nana is under that Kosh at the moment - they have been closed twice before and a 3rd closure is imminent - huge money is being thrown at the problem, but basically that bar is going to be history soon. Focuses your mind a bit on what can happen to a successfull business overnight if you fall foul of the wrong people. Also highlights, what exactly are you buying - huge entry price and load of competition coupled with very high ongoing rent and a fickle group of other owners in the vicinity that love to stab you in the back.

Personally, I really believe near by but not in Nana is the way to go.

Cheers
    Mardhi

Comment

what about a nasty shemale nuns night??? mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
      as for running or setting it up ?? your a braver man than me gungadin
      just a sex tourist looking for hot fun

Comment

(kempthorn @ May 11 2006,14:39) was not being critical of your thoughts.  you are part way onto the right track.  i think a lot of us t.s. lovers have wished there was a higher class place to meet the girls
        and they would also have a more respectful place  to
        work.  can anybody go into casanova and stay more than 5 minutes.

walk in the door and 6 jump you.  buy me drink buy me drink.
        i mentioned the'office'  not as an exact model. just had things you suggested.  good bar, tables, different costume nights.  etc.
        I agree.

Maybe make it a membership club to have dues offset the girls pressuring the customer for lady drinks. I would be willing to pay a membership fee of $20.00 to 40.00 per year to help management survive as long as they are providing an up-scale, reasonable drink price and reasonable bar-fine. You could allow non-members in for an entry fee that could be applied to drink fees and barfines that are a little higher priced than what members are paying. You could also provide a monthly newsletter to members to keep them up-to-date on what is happening while they are suffering LOS blues back in their home country.

Comment

(mardhi @ May 11 2006,10:16)
          (Mai-Kee @ May 11 2006,14:02)      Great thoughts, man!
          I was asking this a couple of weeks ago, as I'm working on something like that and had some excellent inputs by you guys.
          http://asiantsgirls.com/cgi-bin....+lb+bar

You're absolutely right with BKK as the best place for such a venture. The idea of the beer bar complex is excellent - a bit off the scene and out of the focus - butbest of all, you NEED a short time as close by as possible!
          The license thing is true, but you could either buy an existing gogo bar or open a club - guess that's what you meant above with drinking&dancing license. On a dancefloor there's enough room for presentation - and interpretation what's gogo and what not.

.... to trebor: Sukh. soi 33 are only upmarket gg bars. No lb's!

MK
          Thanks Mai Kee - I had not seen that thread.

The biggest problem with a gogo is what 'history' your buying.   They have a 3 warnings and your out policy.  Basically if the bar has been closed twice before for showing or any other 'unsuitable' behaviour - you have one chance left.  When that 3rd chance is gone, your closed down and the licence is not renewed.   So, for example Hollywood in Nana is under that Kosh at the moment - they have been closed twice before and a 3rd closure is imminent - huge money is being thrown at the problem, but basically that bar is going to be history soon.     Focuses your mind a bit on what can happen to a successfull business overnight if you fall foul of the wrong people.       Also highlights, what exactly are you buying - huge entry price and load of competition coupled with very high ongoing rent and a fickle group of other owners in the vicinity that love to stab you in the back.  

Personally, I really believe near by but not in Nana is the way to go.  

Cheers
          Mardhi
          Yeah.... heard about this warning policy - always thought it's a joke - as a kind of institutionalized bribe raise instrument.
          Nana is for sure not the place to be! I think it's important to move away from this loud sleaziness into a bit more classy/ stylish environment - but still a central lower Sukh/ Silom location.
          Membership....hmmm...why not. A little customer relationship management program built in - like half prized used panties and a freebie on your birthday when your in town....
          But still in this business you live mainly from day to day customers and less from regulars.

MK
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEdXtf-GHvU

Comment

Working...
          X