X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bangkok Bar Etiquette

I need some advice from the more worldly wise members out there.

I understood that it is an unwritten rule that if you take a girl (GG) from a bar for short time / long time, then it means that it is bad form to visit the same bar and take another girl.

I was told this a long time ago by a bar girl.

Is this correct?

If it correct does it also apply to LB Bars?

In my time I have seen 1 or 2 unpleasant and unsavoury confrontations between girls and falangs in and around Nana Plaza.

I never knew what these 'fights' were about.

I only ask becasue I visit the LB Bars in Nana and get greedy and want to try out different girls from time to time and not just keep taking the same one.

Or am I just a naive mug?

Comments and advice please.

It IS bad form (for the girls) if you go back to the same bar and choose a different girl! The same applies doubly to LB bars. But if you handle it correctly it isn't a problem.

If you want to go out with a different squeeze and the lipstick smeared starfish from the previous evening takes your attention, then buy her a drink and tell her up front that you are a butterfly and will be asking a new girl out for the evening.

She'll then drink her drink and make her excuses and leave you alone (usually!) The fights you see are always about "why you not take me" or something similar.

It's a loss of face for the girl if she can't keep you hooked for the entire length of your stay, so make your intentions clear from the outset.

(She may have gone telling all her friends that she intends to have you every night till you commit suicide by stabbing yourself 40 times (Thai police report style) and if she doesn't then she'll look silly!

On the other hand they are whores who fuck for bucks and why the hell should you care about their stupid shame-games?

If you live here you might tend to be more forgiving about their curious habits.

If you are on vacation then fuck them and if they don't like it - fuck them!

Comment

Stogie

Thanks for the superior skill and knowledge.

I think I will take your advice and use the 'up front' approach.

Comment

(stogie bear @ May 21 2006,11:38) It IS bad form (for the girls) if you go back to the same bar and choose a different girl! The same applies doubly to LB bars. But if you handle it correctly it isn't a problem.

If you want to go out with a different squeeze and the lipstick smeared starfish from the previous evening takes your attention, then buy her a drink and tell her up front that you are a butterfly and will be asking a new girl out for the evening.

She'll then drink her drink and make her excuses and leave you alone (usually!) The fights you see are always about "why you not take me" or something similar.

It's a loss of face for the girl if she can't keep you hooked for the entire length of your stay, so make your intentions clear from the outset.

(She may have gone telling all her friends that she intends to have you every night till you commit suicide by stabbing yourself 40 times (Thai police report style) and if she doesn't then she'll look silly!

On the other hand they are whores who fuck for bucks and why the hell should you care about their stupid shame-games?

If you live here you might tend to be more forgiving about their curious habits.

If you are on vacation then fuck them and if they don't like it - fuck them!
        Stogie
        Would This also apply if you get one or more come over trying to you to take them " buy them a drink even if you do not like them if your but not ready get there number and you will call them later" combination of a few quotes from members

Would this be a good philsopy to follow or an expensive one!!

Comment

Couple of tips that work well for me...

1. Choose 1 and buy her a drink. Ignore the others. They will eventually go away.

2. Buy the mamasan a drink. Tell her that you are going to drink with one girl and that the mamasan needs to keep the others at bay.

3. Make a game of it. They seem to enjoy the following 2 games. Even when they don't "win", they consider it to be more like bad luck than not being chosen, so it save face.

... Get 3 toothpicks, break a piece off one. Whoever draws the short toothpick "wins"".

... I sometimes take 6 playing cards and let them choose: Ace of Hearts, Joker and 4 Queens. Ace of Hearts gets the drink. Joker buys ME a drink. The Queens win nothing, they are merely,well, just a bunch of queens. The Joker weeds out the less adventurous. Occasionally, one might flip a card back at me. Drier than a drink and less cutting than a broken bottle!

Make it a point to never say "Next time". Then, when they tell you that you did say "Next time", you won't doubt your drunken self ("Did I say it? Shit, maybe she's right and I need to give her a drink").

Oh, and Rule Zero: Unless you are looking for a longterm girlfriend, ALWAYS tell them that you are a huge butterfly. At least when you barfine her bitter rival the next night, you can be screaming "I told you so", rather than "dear-god-please-save-me-from-the-flying-fists-of-fury"
          "The Ladyboy Collection- start yours today!"

Comment

Would this be a good philsopy to follow or an expensive one!!
            An expensive one!

Have you ever given change to a beggar? Bought a flower from a small child? They soon learn to track YOU and NOT the other farangs around you!

Firmly refuse to buy anyone a drink unless you know the person or it's the Mamasan! You'll get left alone by the smartest LBs and hounded by one or two persistant creeps.

Don't lose track of why you are there. It's NOT for the great beer, or happy hour or the atmosphere! You do NOT want to spend longer than necessary in a shit-pit.

Only make eye contact with a girl you genuinely want to see more of. A simple "Auction signal" will let her know you are interested. When she comes over and you already have a sloth draped by each pocket then make room for the one you like and let her do the rest!

I'm a bit of a wuss when it comes to all this game-playing so I rarely go to these places. I NEVER go without Gif.

Good luck,

SB

Comment

Make it a point to never say "Next time".
              I always say that! They know what it means... "NO, never!"

And if you round up a bunch of ladyboys for games then you'd better buy them a drink for their time!

I'd sooner go it alone and be quiet and gently insistant. They'll soon get the idea.

If the worst comes to the worst say that you live here and teach English! That'll scatter them!

Comment

The way I approach this is.

1. I tell them from the moment I take them that I am a huge butterfly, although most of the girls already know this.

2. I will also tell the girl before she leaves from my room that I might come back to her bar and take a different girl so their is no confusion.

3. Any complaints from them I just tell them I am on holiday.

4. If I go into the same bar the next night to take another girl I will always talk to the girl I took the night before is she approaches me and buy her a drink. But I explain it is just a drink.

5. I never go out of my way to deliberately make a girl lose face, however if it does happen then I will apologise but not take any crap from them.

Some simple protocol that I follow when I am in the bar.

1. If a girl just invites herself over and sits down I pretty much just ignore them.

2, If she asks me for a drink then she will never get one. I explain it to them like this. If I bought a drink for evey girl who asked I would have to buy for the whole bar.

3. If I ask a girl to come over and sit down. I will buy them a drink.

4. If I cannot make up my mind and I keep a girl sitting next to me for an extended period time and then not take her I will give her a tip.

Comment

1. If a girl just invites herself over and sits down I pretty much just ignore them.
                  2, If she asks me for a drink then she will never get one. I explain it to them like this. If I bought a drink for evey girl who asked I would have to buy for the whole bar.
                  4. If I cannot make up my mind and I keep a girl sitting next to me for an extended period time and then not take her I will give her a tip.
                  Whether you are a newcomer or old timer that about sums it up!

Comment

If the worst comes to the worst say that you live here and teach English! That'll scatter them!
                    ROFL

Comment

Wise words Stog, and all that sums up why these bars are so unbearable! Those places should be NICE to hang around, have drinks, chats and on top a selection of stunners, WAITING to be picked! It's ridiculous that you as the spender have to be careful with what you do and say! What's that?? Then I rather go to a normal club and chat up civilists - it's easier and more fun.
                      If I pay - I play! Period!!! Fuck those rules and fuck those bars!
                      Stupid owners and management at it's worst!!!

MK
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEdXtf-GHvU

Comment

Stogie and ozzie

Thanks for the sound advise hopefully a cple of the guys will hock up for a drink and be able to keep me honest.

so looking forward to my first of many trips to los

Comment

When are you coming?

Comment

(stogie bear @ May 21 2006,17:50)  When are you coming?
                            13 and 14 june between meetings in singapore and kl

do have im from socrates999 monkeyman and snicks to call them

Comment

(stogie bear @ May 21 2006,08:50)

Whether you are a newcomer or old timer that about sums it up!

Thats the way to do it...and I'm the same if some one asks me to buy a drink I don't..I buy if I wont to buy not becouse they ask me to...othead:
                              So many Ladyboys so little time..

Comment

Working...
                              X