Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A quandry

Hi all,

I am just booking my next trip to the LOS for early May, hoped it could have been earlier but work gets in the way.
    Anyway I am planning my trip, a few days in Bangkok, maybe Phuket or Huahin for a week, and then Back to Bangkok. I want to spend some time with a special LB and this was to be the major part of this trip.
    Now a very good friend & Spouse from home who are travelling the world have just emailed to say they will be in Thailand at that time and want to spend some time with me and let me "show them around". They will arrange their trip around me so can't really get out of it, except by not going (not an option)
    What do I do - Take the girl with me and hope they don't figure out she's a LB.

or take them to Nana and pretend I've never been there before. (will work right up to the point where someone says Hi!!)

Help Please!!

KL
    seriously pig headed,arrogant,double standard smart ass poster!

Hi KL,

This happened to me in Bangkok. A friend/co-worker met me with his pinoy girlfriend. He thought nothing of it until my ladyboy start talking(my girl was very passable, except for her voice), then the cat's out of the bag!

Fortunately he was cool about it; also, I was never specific about my sexual orientation(I never confirm or deny whether I was gay/straight or whatever. My standard answer for the question - Are you gay/straight? - is always: "The only reason you need to know that is if you want to have sex with me. Do you want to have sex with me?" That usually shut them up. I try to say it with a smile, so that they never know whether I am joking or not. Talk about mind fucking with your friends!!

But I digress...

Do you think your friends will freak out or more accepting like mine?

How about talking with your LB and see if she has some suggestions- like sending her shopping with your credit card, or day spa/massage session.

I feel for you, man. Seeing the Union Jack makes me think that coming out(whatever that means) may not be an option for you. I think the best thing to do is to talk with your special girl. Who knows, this may bring you two closer.

Ronin

Comment

i suppose the answer to this question/situation depends on how much balls you have.

if you have king kong balls, then bring the lb with you and have a good time.

if you are sly and able to lie, then just tell them that your plans have changed ( i am going somewhere else this year, work issues, health issues, family issues....hell i am sure you can think of something) and still go to LOS. let's take a random guess, if you friends are on the up and up and not horny sex tourist then the chances are they won't run into you on their trip.

a compromise would be arranging some time away from the LB as ronin suggested. send her shopping. if she works in a bar just meet her later that evening. i am sure you can come up with something.
      This is ten percent luck, twenty percent skill
      Fifteen percent concentrated power of will
      Five percent pleasure, fifty percent pain
      And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!
      FORT MINOR-REMEMBER THE NAME

Comment

Tell them that you've been appointed honorary member of AIDS Concern or some similar group, and that you've been asked to go indeep about the whole spectrum of sexuality on this planet to better understand and open your mind up.
        An ex-g/f of mine was vice president of a similar organization and once we went out with a couple of gays and a TV and (obvioulsy!!!) I bumped into a newly wed couple whom I knew since time. They were not so shocked after I introduced them the whole bunch I was with....
        I wish you luck katoeylover!!
        Do only what you think it's good for you, and not what others think should be good for you!

Comment

If they're a married couple they'll be in bed by 10pm, maybe 11pm at the latest. My easy solution - spend the days with your friends and nights with your ladyboy companion. Problem solved!
          I'm a rough-ridin', hootin' and hollerin', ladyboy lovin' cowboy! Bang bang yer dead!!!

Comment

By the way, its too bad our trips couldn't coincide!

Oh yeah, forgot to update you. The Outback Steakhouse in San Fran did not take our coupon. Guess I'll just have to go back to Siam and use it lol.
            I'm a rough-ridin', hootin' and hollerin', ladyboy lovin' cowboy! Bang bang yer dead!!!

Comment

I agree with relpax...

Your time here is too valuable. Lie (or tell the truth) and get out of this situation.

There is no way you should be spending your time babysitting friends when you only get to see your girl for a few short days a year.

Write to your friends and tell them that you'll be in the country but your time will be determined by your GIRLFRIENDS availability and what SHE wants to do. You can tell your friends that you'll be more than happy to entertain them back home, but that your time in Thailand is too scarce to make plans in advance without talking about it to your girlfriend first.

Your trip will suck hard if you waste it showing your friends about the place.

Comment

Pretend he/she is a tour guide!

Comment

juts Lie your head off. I had to do this a few weeks back when an old School friend was imposed on me for two weeks.

I just told him that i had to go to Zhuhai in China on business for a week and there was no way that he could slot in. Actually i went for two days and then got the first plane to BKK ,just in time for the Squirly meet up in NEP.

Its a war out there.....and lying is the best form of defense.

Comment

They will find out. Don't pretend they won't (that she's a LB). Because LBs do things you don't like sometimes, like start yapping with their LB friends when you're with yours, or turning their voice to male on some call. And likely she has size 10 feet.

So, if you are worried they'll spread the news when they get back, then forget it.

I agree with Stogie, TC...lie your brains off and then fuck your brains off.

Comment

Originally posted by (ziggystardust @ Mar. 21 2006,21:12)
                      or turning their voice to male on some call.
                      When they're talking to their family

RR.
                      Pedants rule, OK. Or more precisely, exhibit certain of the conventional trappings of leadership.

"I love the smell of ladyboy in the morning."
                      Kahuna

Comment

Katoeylover;

How long is your trip total? Do they plan on using you as their personal tour guide for their entire trip?? Pretty arrogant if you ask me. If you feel you need to give them some time, which I understand, make some firm ground rules, give them directions, and "help" them on their way. I don't mean to be rude, (any more than normally) but anybody who would expect their friend to be "on call" while he's on vacation halfway around the world, needs to get a grip and be a little less self centered. Give them a couple of days, play nice and then tell them to "screw".

Randyman
                        ain't life grand

Comment

Originally posted by (dummy_plug @ Mar. 21 2006,10:03)
                          By the way, its too bad our trips couldn't coincide!

Oh yeah, forgot to update you. The Outback Steakhouse in San Fran did not take our coupon. Guess I'll just have to go back to Siam and use it lol.
                          I live in San Francisco!Where the hell is an Outback Steakhouse?I wanna go!!!

Comment

Hello KL,

I've been wracking my brains for a couple of days on this one.

I'm from the UK myself  -  so  -  as you and I both know  -  about 20% of the people won't worry  -  20% will be outraged and in between we have the 60%    ?

That's why I call myself Road Runner. The people I work with normally all fit into the 20% who won't worry  -  however our so-called management have 'no sense of adventure' as I would describe it!    Hence my nick name.

As most of the replies have said - I think you have to assume that they will not be so understanding.
                            I'd say be nice and say you have some plans in Bangkok (or wherever they are going) and some plans up country (Chiang Mai - to look at temples .......  Ayuthia - to look at ancient palaces ...... whatever).

ie. as others have said lie!    It's more or less a case of working out one that will be believable and will hold up.  Keep it simple!

Best of luck.

RR.
                            Pedants rule, OK. Or more precisely, exhibit certain of the conventional trappings of leadership.

"I love the smell of ladyboy in the morning."
                            Kahuna

Comment

Thanks Guys -
                              I really agree with stogie and TC. Lie like hell and send them off to vietnam and Laos on a fact finding mission - a must see destination for travellers and i'll head down to the beach with the teerak!!
                              Zig- i am sure you are right - they always will find out.
                              DP - shame about the voucher but i am sure you can use it when you get back next week.

To all (and i'll post in the calendar) will be in Bangkok may 7th -11th and 19-22nd so lets hook up.
                              Any expats who want supplies bringing from UK please pm me and i'll do my best to accomodate.
                              seriously pig headed,arrogant,double standard smart ass poster!

Comment

Working...
                              X