X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those of you in San Francisco

Gosh, where to put this: news? Picture posts? Academia? Travel Info? It's got a little of everything. This is the right forum, I'm just joking around.

So, for those of you in the SF area, you might be interested in a TS photography showing that's occurring this month. Today, there will be an opening party, and some of the girls in the photos will be present, performing in some capacity. Since it runs so late, I suspect there's a party at Divas, too.

More info below, taken from http://www.sexandculture.org/pages/u...ts-at-CSC.html

For those of you in LOS, eat your hearts out. California has sophistication.

POL

Saturday, June 3, 7 pm -- midnight -- DIVAS OF SAN FRANCISCO: opening show and party

Divas of San Francisco: Portraits of Transgender Women is CSC's June gallery show. Photos by by David Steinberg, with gallery hours 5/25 (5-7 pm) and every Weds. in June, 5 -- 7 pm. At the Center for Sex and Culture, 398 11th Street (at Harrison, 3rd floor), San Francisco. The opening reception and party features performances by women in the photographs: transgender women from Divas Nightclub and Bar, San Francisco's predominant transgender club. Donations gratefully accepted, no one turned away fro lack of funds.

Avoiding the superficial representations of transgender people that dominate the mass media, "Divas of San Francisco" offers instead a revealing look at the complexity, diversity, and fierce integrity of the transgender women who frequent Divas -- topless dancers, bartenders, lip-synch performers, disc jockeys, regulars, and sporadic visitors -- a group that spans a broad spectrum of ages, body types, ethnic and economic backgrounds, lifestyles, sexual orientations, and gender identifications. Steinberg's photographs range from the demure to the erotic, from introspective moments to flamboyant on-stage performance. They include the glamour and emphatic sexual appeal central to many women at Divas while reaching beyond personal appearance to show the personalities, spirit, and striking personal presence of their subjects. Collectively, the photos in "Divas of San Francisco" provide an intimate and strikingly personal look at a remarkable group of transgender women -- their joy and their sadness, their strength and their uncertainty, their grace and their awkwardness, their toughness and their vulnerability.

Steinberg has been photographing transgender women at Divas since 1997, and has been the de facto house photographer there since 2002. Initially limited to photographing dancers on stage, Steinberg was later able to photograph dancers backstage, and to photograph both dancers and other women from Divas extensively at their homes and at his studio. CSC is happy to host the first public exhibition of this body of work, which will subsequently be exhibited at the Santa Cruz Diversity Center and at Seattle's Benham Gallery. In addition to his photography, David Steinberg writes extensively about the culture and politics of sex and gender issues. His Comes Naturally column, now in its 15th year, is distributed online to over 3000 subscribers worldwide. His books include Photo Sex: Fine Art Sexual Photography Comes of Age; Erotic by Nature: A Celebration of Life, of Love, and of Our Wonderful Bodies; and The Erotic Impulse: Honoring the Sensual Self.

Gallery hours for David Steinberg's photo show:

5/25 (5-7 pm), every Weds in June, 5-7 pm. And also Sat., 6/17, 1-5 pm.
    Retired the top 12.  Need a new dirty dozen.  

Update: The new list is coming together: Nong Poy, Anita, Nok, Gif, Liisa Winkler, Kay, Nina Poon.  Is it possible to find 5 more?  Until then, GGs:  Jessica Alba, Yuko Ogura, Zhang Ziyi, Maggie Q, and Gong Li.

(post-op lover @ Jun. 03 2006,16:50) Gosh, where to put this: news?  Picture posts?  Academia?  Travel Info?    It's got a little of everything.  This is the right forum, I'm just joking around.

So, for those of you in the SF area, you might be interested in a TS photography showing that's occurring this month.  Today, there will be an opening party, and some of the girls in the photos will be present, performing in some capacity.  Since it runs so late, I suspect there's a party at Divas, too.

More info below, taken from http://www.sexandculture.org/pages/u...ts-at-CSC.html

For those of you in LOS, eat your hearts out.    California has sophistication.  

POL

Saturday, June 3, 7 pm -- midnight -- DIVAS OF SAN FRANCISCO: opening show and party

Divas of San Francisco: Portraits of Transgender Women is CSC's June gallery show. Photos by by David Steinberg, with gallery hours 5/25 (5-7 pm) and every Weds. in June, 5 -- 7 pm. At the Center for Sex and Culture, 398 11th Street (at Harrison, 3rd floor), San Francisco. The opening reception and party features performances by women in the photographs: transgender women from Divas Nightclub and Bar, San Francisco's predominant transgender club. Donations gratefully accepted, no one turned away fro lack of funds.

Avoiding the superficial representations of transgender people that dominate the mass media, "Divas of San Francisco" offers instead a revealing look at the complexity, diversity, and fierce integrity of the transgender women who frequent Divas -- topless dancers, bartenders, lip-synch performers, disc jockeys, regulars, and sporadic visitors -- a group that spans a broad spectrum of ages, body types, ethnic and economic backgrounds, lifestyles, sexual orientations, and gender identifications. Steinberg's photographs range from the demure to the erotic, from introspective moments to flamboyant on-stage performance. They include the glamour and emphatic sexual appeal central to many women at Divas while reaching beyond personal appearance to show the personalities, spirit, and striking personal presence of their subjects. Collectively, the photos in "Divas of San Francisco" provide an intimate and strikingly personal look at a remarkable group of transgender women -- their joy and their sadness, their strength and their uncertainty, their grace and their awkwardness, their toughness and their vulnerability.

Steinberg has been photographing transgender women at Divas since 1997, and has been the de facto house photographer there since 2002. Initially limited to photographing dancers on stage, Steinberg was later able to photograph dancers backstage, and to photograph both dancers and other women from Divas extensively at their homes and at his studio. CSC is happy to host the first public exhibition of this body of work, which will subsequently be exhibited at the Santa Cruz Diversity Center and at Seattle's Benham Gallery. In addition to his photography, David Steinberg writes extensively about the culture and politics of sex and gender issues. His Comes Naturally column, now in its 15th year, is distributed online to over 3000 subscribers worldwide. His books include Photo Sex: Fine Art Sexual Photography Comes of Age; Erotic by Nature: A Celebration of Life, of Love, and of Our Wonderful Bodies; and The Erotic Impulse: Honoring the Sensual Self.

Gallery hours for David Steinberg's photo show:

5/25 (5-7 pm), every Weds in June, 5-7 pm. And also Sat., 6/17, 1-5 pm.
    sorry pol hope not offend just some interesting classes that those who sit in the cnr and not post maybe interested in

Tracy Bartlett returns 6/10 and 11 with her great classes on menopause and handjobs! These are afternoon classes.

or this class

Sunday, 6/11, Tracy presents one of her popular Erotic Enhancement classes: Hands-On Handjobs!
    Bring a partner (or more than one) and try new skills right in class. 2--5 pm, $45 per couple, additional partners $20. (Sorry, partners and threesomes only!) Any gender combo welcome.

Learn advanced handjob skills, including coordination with oral play. Bring a partner to practice with pillows, towels, gloves, lube, and water to drink. Learn new moves and tell us about your own favorites.

Tracy's classes are popular and informative, fun and lively. She's taught experientially for 20 years, including sex classes for 10, and she has a master's in counseling plus a degree in women's studies. Her non-explicit sex classes are among the most perennially popular at Good Vibrations and other venues around the country.

Comment

Damn I am so Jealous, me being here in Bangkok. You have pictures of Ladyboys and Lectures on handjobs...and I all I have is Ladyboys giving handjobs
      "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

(Snick @ Jun. 03 2006,20:28) Damn I am so Jealous, me being here in Bangkok. You have pictures of Ladyboys and Lectures on handjobs...and I all I have is Ladyboys giving handjobs  
        an interesting quote

Learn advanced handjob skills, including coordination with oral play. Bring a partner to practice with pillows, towels, gloves, lube, and water to drink. Learn new moves and tell us about your own favorites.

I can understand the water to drink is thirsty work

Comment

(Snick @ Jun. 03 2006,17:28) Damn I am so Jealous, me being here in Bangkok. You have pictures of Ladyboys and Lectures on handjobs...and I all I have is Ladyboys giving handjobs
          Yes, you're so philistine. We'll be drinking cocktails, and you'll be getting only cock and tail separately. Poor guy.
          Retired the top 12.  Need a new dirty dozen.  

Update: The new list is coming together: Nong Poy, Anita, Nok, Gif, Liisa Winkler, Kay, Nina Poon.  Is it possible to find 5 more?  Until then, GGs:  Jessica Alba, Yuko Ogura, Zhang Ziyi, Maggie Q, and Gong Li.

Comment

Working...
          X