Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TimeSharing in Bangkok

I had a brillant thought......

What if we all pooled together and got a nice place in bangkok to be shared as in....

10 Guys put their resources together for a nice place based on a 12 month period (a year).  

We each get 5 weeks to visit in paradise.
    The leftover 2 weeks can be used for an orgy or subdivided somehow.

We save on hotels and food and drink considering we would have a kitchen and no worries of LB policy of a hotel either.  
    You Live and You Learn -- Hopefully!

who get the best weeks, ie xmas and new year?

good idea but i want to get a place out of the city.
    seriously pig headed,arrogant,double standard smart ass poster!

Comment

When I saw the title I thought it was about timesharing a ladyboy  

If you buy an apartment you will have to pay around 5 million Baht for a 1 bedroom near to Nana and about 3.5 M past Soi 63 (Ekkamai) or out towards Lad Prao.
      Service charge (building maintenance/security etc) will be somewhere between 1000-2000 Baht/month
      Electricity about 700 and water about 300/month.

Renting close to Nana will cost from about 3500 Baht/month for a flea pit up to whatever you want to pay.
      A good 1 bed apartment I would say could be had for about 7000-8000/month.
      You will still have to pay the electricity and water charges and sometimes the building owners 'load' these by up to 50%.
      Go down Sukumwit past Soi 63 Ekkami and the rent drops about 25%.

I'd stick to the hotels or just do a 1 month rental of an apartment.

RR.
      Pedants rule, OK. Or more precisely, exhibit certain of the conventional trappings of leadership.

"I love the smell of ladyboy in the morning."
      Kahuna

Comment

(Road Runner @ Jun. 04 2006,05:28) When I saw the title I thought it was about timesharing a ladyboy  
        Hmmm guess we could share everything

Comment

KL

We should get a place out of the city but close enuff to the action.

Remember split 10 ways it is a great deal... buying or renting on a yearly basis

Comment

I can stay 200m away from the action in a 4 star suite for 100 bucks..... so what for that complicated sharing model?? BKK is not London or NY!
            Just go there and enjoy!

MK
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEdXtf-GHvU

Comment

(Mai-Kee @ Jun. 04 2006,06:08) I can stay 200m away from the action in a 4 star suite for 100 bucks..... so what for that complicated sharing model?? BKK is not London or NY!
              Just go there and enjoy!

MK
              I'm with you man. Do your own thing, its cheaper and more fun. Trust me i'm a doctor

Comment

or the distance from home plate to first base for 25 bucks.

Comment

I always thought that this would be a good idea for frequent visitors to LOS. Certainly I know that me, and many others, toss our money aways to the hotels. Let me know if you find more people who were interested...its certainly an entertaining thought that I've had more than once.
                  I'm a rough-ridin', hootin' and hollerin', ladyboy lovin' cowboy! Bang bang yer dead!!!

Comment

DP, renting a nicer 1 bedroom apartment between Ploenchit and Cowboy - means really close to the action - is min. B35.000/m. That will never pay-off! As RR said, beyond Ekkamai the price definitely drop significantly, so you might get one for 20k.
                    Still, big hassle the whole thing.....!
                    Check out the real estate sites to get an idea:
                    http://www.thaiapartment.com/
                    http://www.bangkokproperty.com/browse.php

MK
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEdXtf-GHvU

Comment

It IS a good idea, but doing it to save money is not the right reason.

I have thought long and hard about this idea, believe me!

Comment

Buying a condo is a BAD idea - rents are relative to purchase price, very cheap. Plus who is going to look after the logistics of paying electric bills, telephone etc - unfortunately these are for the most part still fairly 'manual' processes here and if it aint paid on the due date - they simply cut you off - no warnings or reminders. Who is going to do all the laundry and clean the place? Given that you can get a serviced apartment for as little as a 1,000 baht a day, I'd say its a nice idea, but in reality completely unworkable.

Cheers
                        Mardhi

Comment

(stogie bear @ Jun. 04 2006,09:38) It IS a good idea, but doing it to save money is not the right reason.

How about an ATS pad that could be let to members?
                          seriously pig headed,arrogant,double standard smart ass poster!

Comment

(katoeylover @ Jun. 04 2006,17:02)
                            (stogie bear @ Jun. 04 2006,09:38) It IS a good idea, but doing it to save money is not the right reason.

How about an ATS pad that could be let to members?
                            I just like the idea of having a home away from home in effect and yes a Place for ATS folks sounds good too.  Kind of a members only club  

Comment

Your idea of a members only club may work.Would take a lot of admin but I guess if there are enough punters out there keen, who knows.

Comment

Working...
                              X