X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LB Bars and  Loud Music

Can't understand why the Big 3 bars in BKK play music that is beyond listenable, and besides the fact that I NEVER want to hear Madonna and Brittney Spears and all that industrial techno crap, all the bars play this shit at levels that are louder than a jet plane taking off.

I went out with a friend a few times with a friend and
    this is always the case; I remember the night we were in KC3 with 2
    cute friends and could barely hear ourselves think. then the other
    time we were in Casa it was much better; at least you can converse
    there and the music level is 'acceptable', if still over-bearing.
    too bad the girls in there are not my type because it really is a
    pretty cool place and has a good atmosphere.

I am not an old fart; I would have hated that ear-shattering
    Obsessions nonsense 15 years ago as well. what is the point of that; are they TRYING to drive us out of there? I go in there
    sometimes but very seldom buy out a girl; I just like to look at
    the cuties and talk [yell] with Chompoo, but I always find that
    after 2 beers max I have to bail out. too bad; if they played some
    decent tunes at acceptable levels I could make that my 2nd home and spend 2
    or 3 hours in the place. seems like they don't want my money so
    fuck 'em.

Mandarin on the 2nd floor and Baccara on Cowboy are 2 good
    examples of real lady bars that 'get it'; they play crappy music but keep
    it down so you can talk to the real girls there, and it's
    comfortable and no girl hassles in either one. I usually spend an
    hour in Mandarin [remember Stogie? Stewart? ] with friends before i dare venture into OBS, and
    as I said once I am in there my ears start splitting. too bad;
    they probably have the best-looking selection of ladyboys in the
    whole country all in one place, but they seem intent on keeping the
    place empty as far as farangs willing to spend their dough.

Anyway, the big 3 haven't figured out yet that we don't wanna hear this shit; the girls don't care either way, so why do they keep doing it? If I opened a bar you would hear everything from Black Sabbath to the Doors to todays Pop and rock; I bet i would have more customers in the place than Obsessions does, which never has more than a handful of guys on any given night.

Turn it down!!

Jon

JON !!I flew those loud helicopters for 24 years, the high frequency noise of the transmission, the whine of the turbine, some times twin engines, I can't hear very well, remember I kept asking you to tell me what Alex said ??  I need hearing aids, HA HA

The loud music doesn't faze me, but I can feel the BEAT IN MY TUMMY

DAN
    You no care me DIE !!!

Comment

hey Jon.. i don't understand why the music is so ear shattering.. i agree that if the OBs would lower the music and play decent stuff, the crowd would be bigger in there.. kc3, i not worried about because i do like the place.. now cassanovas might be a little less noisy than OBs.. and i plan on spending a little more time in cassanovas on my next visit..i think you can understand why!!

there is the little oasis near soi cowboy, called the honey bar and Jon we both know that cadre of pretty Lbs that call the honey bar their home.. so if the music gets to loud at NEP, i will just migrate up sukhumvitt in the direction of the honey bar.. see you there in november.... rod

Comment

Jon

I understand what you mean bout the moosic volume, it can be overpowering especially if the honey your chatting too/striking a deal with doesnt speak good english, kinda makes it hard to communicate!

But hey fu*k it. Bangkok is heaven and hell put in a blender and poured out with a lot of concrete. i'm addicted to the place and have to be there a few times a year. I get such a buzz that a thermonuclear explosion combined with the Spice Girls still wouldn't keep me out of the bars! I expect most first-timers are so overawed at it all they dont even hear the music and these are the guys the girls can really financially extract from!!

4 weeks to go!!!
        here...Kitty ...kitty.....

Comment

Working...
        X