X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bangkok hotels

Have any of the members stayed at the Silom Serene, Bangkok and is it guest friendly and do they make an extra charge if bringing a guest back for the night?? Any info would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks.

I have not stayed there and do not know but when I think I want to try a new hotel if they have a web site I will just send them and email and ask them outright this is why I stayed at the Le Riviera Resorts in Phuket they told me no problem and to get away with no joiner fee just book the room as a double which was the same price as a single. Hope this helps you out.

Disqplay
    Thailand for fun in the sun
    Enjoy it while you can
    Times are changing

Comment

Sorry, never stayed there.  IMHO (in my humble opinion) the ONLY place to stay in Bkk is the Nana Hotel ... You don't even have to go outside on a rainy evening to get laid !!! - just hang around the lobby or walk into the disco.  Free breakfast, 24 hour restaurant that serves good cheap food, less than 1,100 bhat for a room, really friendly front desk people (especially if you tip them &/or bring flowers) and guests at the hotel that have the same interests as you - getting laid .....  PS - while in Pattaya I stay at the Pattaya Centre Hotel on Soi 12 ... You don't hear much talk about this place in the various chat rooms, but it is a great hotel. 18 stories high with great ocean views and for a little extra your own private terrace over looking the ocean - I really elegant place and guest friendly. Rooms range from about 1000 - 1,600 bhat ..  Well worth it and centrally located - you are within walking distance of Walking Street and if you go the other way, within walking distance of Soi 7 and 8 ...

Comment

Does anyone have experience with the Hilton? How guest friendly is it?

Thanks!

Comment

Thanks for the advice people. I stayed at the Honey House in Phuket last Easter and asked them the same questions before I booked and got the right answers so I stayed there. The place is excellent value at 600 Baht per night low season. Very clean, friendly staff, linen changed daily, nice shower, centrally located just a few minutes walk from Bangla Road and I would recommend it to anyone. Landlord was away at the time but obviously a very liberally minded gentleman. They also have a website.

Comment

i always go at jw marriott.it is in front of nana plaza.good hotel and you can bring in who you want.no questions at all. if you need special rate tell me. it is a 5 stars with rate of a 3 stars.guaranteed !

Comment

Originally posted by (lorenzo @ Aug. 05 2003,09:15)
              i always go at jw marriott.it is in front of nana plaza.good hotel and you can bring in who you want.no questions at all. if you need special rate tell me. it is a 5 stars with rate of a 3 stars.guaranteed !
              I always use the J W Marriott Lorenzo, it is one of my most favourite hotels in the world and ohhh so close to NEP too as well as a couple of my favourite bars (Big Dogs, Morning and Night, Bus Stop and warblers). I can confirm that this place is VERY guest friendly. I have even had the night duty manager open the door for me and my cuite of choice and walk us to the lifts!!! Great hotel, great service. Fortunately the company pays the bills but I have to say that the rates are very reasonable compared to some cities - Amsterdam for example!!!

Comment

Lorenzo,
                I agree with your assessment of the JW, I think it is the best place in town, great service, friendly staff , and a super location. Stay there every time I'm in town. Can be a little pricy after a while though, what kind of rate deal did you get?

Comment

Originally posted by (LuvLBs @ Aug. 07 2003,06:27)
                  Lorenzo,
                  I agree with your assessment of the JW, I think it is the best place in town, great service, friendly staff , and a super location. Stay there every time I'm in town. Can be a little pricy after a while though, what kind of rate deal did you get?
                  Current rack rate but with free upgrade to executive level.

Comment

yes, the JW is real nice. I use the side door at night. For around $100 US it can't be beat.
                    Now what hotel is LB friendy like the JW in Phuket?

Comment

in Phuket the Patong Villa is very guest-friendly; you have to pay an extra 300 baht but they don't care who the hell you bring back there. room price is 1300; 300 more per night for a ladyboy to join you. so figure about 35 bucks a night, across the street from the beach, 5 minutes walk from Soi Kathoey, nice pool, nice rooms. check the first galleries of Golf, Janny and the one of Emmy in the green corset and you will see the rooms there.

now, if someone may help me...... the JW is a little out of my price range, frankly, and i am tired of the Ruamchitt plaza; anyone know of another place in the 1500-2000B range near Nana or Cowboy which has a pool and no joiner fee? and, why do I hear so many mixed reports about the Nana? some people say it is great like Oracle above, and some people tell me it is a shithole and not to stay there. what's the deal with this place???

Jon

Comment

The Ambassador is fine.. they have the Tower which has nice rooms ..

It gets a bad rap now and then, but has a great pool and nice areas to wander around.. great dim sum place, all you can eat for B250 ... lots of birds, almost like a zoo ...

I know guys who get a monthly rate of B18K or so, but with the remodeling they are doing, that might be over??

Comment

thanks Paul....i know the place..... any idea on how 'guest-friendly' they are and how much per night rather than per month? as you know i am just looking for a temp. place until somewhere more permanent can be found.

thanks Jon

Comment

I like the Omni Towers, 1500Baht for a nice studio. It's on Soi 4 about a 10 minute walk from Nana Plaza, no problems with guest. Hell, I called Talisha over and she came up to my room in her hip high silver boots and black hot pants. Would have loved to have seen the looks on the faces of the people in the lobby. I've also heard good reviews on a new place, Jasmine Suites (2000Baht). Never been there but may check it out next time. It's on Sukhumvit and Soi 23 near Soi Cowboy.

Comment

Jon,

A veteran like you...and never stayed at the Nana. You owe it to yourself to spend at least 1 night there. It's like the Beer Garden, Baccara, Edens, Thermae....all places one must see or do in BKK. Nana falls in that category.

As for the Nana Hotel, it's ok. Recommend you stay in one of the larger rooms though. Have a seperate Bedroom, but no kitchen area. I hear that they have a Suite Room ....but everyone that I know of that has stayed there said it was over-priced...

Lotusman

Comment

Working...
                              X