Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(ziggystardust @ Jul. 19 2006,21:23) Ask any LB. I think I've asked about 100. The response is identical every time. "Thai" boyfriend wants money, doesn't work, drinks a lot, takes other girls out, punches me up sometimes, ....
    it might be true, but they tell you want they think you want to hear.
    the only hookers i have a little faith in los is the more seasoned ones and the ones with money, but even they will tell about half the truth ...

Comment

Culturally, isn't it expected for the man to provide for the woman??? I can't see why the expectations would suddenly be reversed in the situation of a ladyboy. And before someone goes down the path of "Ladyboys just want to be loved..." I can tell you that there's no shortage of guys out there interested in ladyboys. Sure some have less than pure intentions, but I don't see any reason why a reasonably intelligent (I think Ziggy interviewed 100 dumb ones) would enter into or stay in such a miserable relationship.
      I'm a rough-ridin', hootin' and hollerin', ladyboy lovin' cowboy! Bang bang yer dead!!!

Comment

It always kills me guys professing greater knowledge of a situation who don't live here and have fucked 5 LBs on their last trip to BKK for a week...

Anyhow, if I foget the pot shot on dumb girls...

Culturally, yes, in the urban areas, men provide for women (generally businessmen), however, in rural, and the more poorer areas, it is well documented (and I have observed) that women run the show, including making and managing money.

So, I don't actually know the answer to your question. I can only think, not sure, that LBs are viewed lower in society here, and somewhat open to be taken advantage of (by their boyfriends). I did ask some 'dumb' LBs why, and they seem to have this feeling of 'that's the way it is'.

By the way, has anyone EVER seen a Thai with an LB boyfriend out in public walking around, in the shopping center? In 5 years hear, I never have, not even once. So, it seems to be the boyfriends don't respect the LBs even enough to be seen in public, and their is this subservient view of them.

Honestly, I don't know why.

I had a western girlfriend who went from abusing boyfriend to abusing boyfriend before me, which is known as very common among abused women. Figure that out.

Comment

I can't be certain that this explanation applies in Thailand, but I know it does in some areas and my experience in Thailand, though limited to only four month long trips, seems to support my belief in its universality. Although there are certainly other factors involved, such as father's treatment of mother and family acceptance of the LB's transformation, the primary explanation runs parallel to behavior of religious converts. When, after decades of indifference to religion, a man sees the light and allows himself to be saved, he tries to become more Christian than other members of the congregation he has joined. He must do this to validate his transition. Changes are very difficult to deal with.
          The LB seems to try to be more girlie than GG's. The walk, the talk, the makeup, and the dress are all exaggerations of what they see in GG's. When she enters into a male-female relationship with a boyfriend, the gender lines must satisfy the same pattern of exaggeration. Perhaps even more so. Remember, she will be with a man who is dating someone with a cock. That would dampen his masculinity. To overcome that, she must choose a partner with qualities that define him as unimpeachably masculine. Violence is primarily a masculine trait. Taking a beating from him makes her more vulnerable. Vulnerability is the extreme female trait. His beatings, therefore, make her more of a woman because she is under the dominance of a man. Whether or not this is biologically, socially, or even emotionally true, it is what occurs in her mind and, after all, she is the one making the choices.

Comment

(ziggystardust @ Jul. 22 2006,10:10) It always kills me guys professing greater knowledge of a situation who don't live here and have fucked 5 LBs on their last trip to BKK for a week...

Anyhow, if I foget the pot shot on dumb girls...

Culturally, yes, in the urban areas, men provide for women (generally businessmen), however, in rural, and the more poorer areas, it is well documented (and I have observed) that women run the show, including making and managing money.

So, I don't actually know the answer to your question. I can only think, not sure, that LBs are viewed lower in society here, and somewhat open to be taken advantage of (by their boyfriends). I did ask some 'dumb' LBs why, and they seem to have this feeling of 'that's the way it is'.

By the way, has anyone EVER seen a Thai with an LB boyfriend out in public walking around, in the shopping center? In 5 years hear, I never have, not even once. So, it seems to be the boyfriends don't respect the LBs even enough to be seen in public, and their is this subservient view of them.

Honestly, I don't know why.

I had a western girlfriend who went from abusing boyfriend to abusing boyfriend before me, which is known as very common among abused women. Figure that out.
            Ziggy - calm down there mate lest you have a heart attack or something. Wouldn't want to kill ya, I like you too much.

I wasn't professing my knowledge of the situation as a be-all end-all for the topic, merely stating my own opinion and observations. Don't be so naive to think that I draw my experience spending one week with bar girls. Not everyone keeps bargirls for their company. Obviously, you have a different view on Thai relationships, ladyboys, etc... and I can appreciate that.

But forgive me for saying that kills me to hear 60+ year old wanna-be sociologists professing greater knowledge on the inner-workings of relationships of people 40 years their junior. Fortunately there aren't too many of those walking around.
            I'm a rough-ridin', hootin' and hollerin', ladyboy lovin' cowboy! Bang bang yer dead!!!

Comment

as one of the few Thai guys posting here; I'll offer my 2c.

The average Thai guy here is no more likely to date a prostitute as you would find elsewhere. Almost always, the BF is going to be someone from a similar background; probably rural, and almost definitely without good work prospects; if they had that, they would probably date a non prostitute.

Same applies for MP girls, gogo girls and LBs on the business. The karaoke/coyote ugly type girls are in a slightly higher group, and have scope to be meea noi types, but it would be very rare that a man from the upper end of society could afford to have a wife or serious girlfriend that appeared obviously as a prostitute, and it is definitely the case that most of the women and LBs in Nana appear like that whether working there or outside; some of the LBs are passable outside as non Ps, but almost none of the women are.

This means they end up with the type of guys who don't mind a GF like this, and that tends to be foreigners (who probably are not aware, or just don't care, as face is a smaller issue especially in a place where most people don't know you) or Thai men who tend to be the absolute dregs - not working, no ambition, and most other people would just not put up with them.

I have 2 Thai friends with LB girlfriends/long term partners; they go everywhere with them, and one of the guys is from a VERY rich family and the whole family seem happy enough. However, it definitely is not so common.

Same as online, I frequently get told, there is no way you are Thai, you write like a farang, well, there are countless Thais (such as my boss and his family) that all studied abroad, and have the money to do what many tourists must perceive to be far beyond the reach of a "Thai person".

For a large number of these LBs, based on my and one other Thai guys experience (who used to hang in this scene a bit before) I'd say a lot of what you hear is what they want you to hear; while much of the abuse and poor treatment is true, were they able to many if not almost all the women saying how much they want a farang would quite happily be with someone Thai, simply because there is so much more in common; that's also why farang or other foreigners who are Thai speakers and understand Thai culture are so much more sought after and treated better for people wanting to be in a serious relationship.

However, this doesn't happen for many; so they end up with what they end up with. Really sad in this case.

My experience working overseas and meeting a few adult entertainers was exactly the same; despite a queue of richer more successful guys willing to support the actress/stripper in a
              spoiling way, these women invariably went for loser musicians, drug dealers and, well, losers. I think the occupation also attracts a certain type in some cases, and that doesn't help when that type is mentally unbalanced.

The LB and girl side is exactly the same; I guess thats why guys who treat people well and so well liked most of the time; because it is rare for some of the ppl in this industry to get that treatment ...

Comment

Welcome to the board, and thanks for your input!

I hope you'll stick around.

POL
                Retired the top 12.  Need a new dirty dozen.  

Update: The new list is coming together: Nong Poy, Anita, Nok, Gif, Liisa Winkler, Kay, Nina Poon.  Is it possible to find 5 more?  Until then, GGs:  Jessica Alba, Yuko Ogura, Zhang Ziyi, Maggie Q, and Gong Li.

Comment

Working...
                X