X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to stay in Chiang Mai?

I'm already planning my next trip to LOS.  Instead of the usual Pattaya/Bangkok vacation I thought I would pay a visit to Chiang Mai for a few days.  Any recommendations on places to stay.  On another Thailand travel forum the Imperial Mai Ping was highly recommended at about 1900B/night.  Any othet suggestions for hotels under 2000B?  Something close to the action and guest friendly.

Top Dog; the only place i can recommend is the Mae Ping, sorry. That is the only place I have stayed in and it is certainly a beautiful place; you would like it there. I know a site that lists it at 30-37 US, depending on the month you go;

http://www.chiangmaihoteltravel.com/...l_mae_ping.htm

Also, check these listings here; they may help;
    http://www.thaihotels.com/Rates/default.aspx?hid=1134

as always, I would refer you to a google search if you need more help; just enter Chiang Mai hotels and they will come up with dozens of matches.

You can't go wrong with the Mae Ping and even if it's as high as 1900 per night it's worth it; 3 restaurants, a pool, nice rooms, huge lobby so no one sees who you are bringing in or out; really nice place. Most sites list it as a 3-star but I would give it a 4-star. Look at the photo gallaries of Dina, Ponlien, Gau and Yoh to see one of the 30 dollar rooms there.

good luck

Jon

Comment

TopDog - I agree with Jon - the Mae Ping is a great hotel with great facilities - close to the night Bazaar etc. - the only suggestion is book in as a double - first time I stayed there I didn't and they tried the joiner fee bit - the second time I booked a double room and had no hassles. Chiang Mai is a great place - be sure to visit the golden triangle while you are there.

Comment

If you go with budget.. go Prince Hotel... pool an all around

gg

Comment

Working...
        X