Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ratios and such

Lisa, Stogie and Jon

I'm a quant kind of guy (though as I told Ramboz, my Dr.John moniker reflects obeisance to session man Mac Rebennack) so I thought it would be interesting to ask what your estimate of the percentage of LBs in the industry (the ones we see at OB, etc.) versus those outside.

In the US for GGs I understand the ratio is actually around 1:5000 (there are people who actually get paid to study this ... go figure).

I suspect it may be higher in Thailand given that it seems common practice for GGs and LBs to be earning their dowry-pension-parents retirement through the biz

Also Stogie talked about an 'explosion' of LBs ...

Stogie ... here is fodder for a poll, or even a lucky draw

I have absolutely NO facts to back this up, but as a resident who sees both sides of the fence I would say there are three sections of this community...

Girls in the biz
    Girls not in the biz
    Boys who are not sure weather or not they are girls yet!

Percentage wise here is my guess...

Girls in the biz - 1%
    Girls leading a 'normal' ish life - 39%
    Boys on their way - 60 %

As I say, I could be waaay off the mark here. Who really knows, eh?

But of all ladyboys that are 'out' and living as girls I'd guess that no more than 2-3% have sex for money.

Comment

Interesting, I would have guessed there are much more in the business (including all the freelancers, who do it beside a regular job and also on the countryside, which is sometimes not so visible for us) . My estimation was 15-20% of all ts (no matter if they are pre- or post-op, no matter if they had any kind of sugery and no matter if they take hormons - just living mainly a female appearance ) in Thailand take at least sometimes money for any kind of sexual activity. Which is of course also only a guess and nothing based on facts. But to bring some facts in this discussion, it's maybe interesting so see of how many we're actually talking about - taking the figures of Sam Winters study.
      http://web.hku.hk/~sjwinter/Transgen...ng_kathoey.htm

MK
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEdXtf-GHvU

Comment

Working...
      X