X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you do it?

Have been in contact with an old friend of mine, a ladyboy [who is not on this website] who  I used to spend quite a lot of time with....  she is living in the west now and would like to visit the states on her dime for the holiday season. Just 2 or 3 weeks, all I need to do is to provide a place to stay.

At first...... cool!   sounded like a deal.....but then the more I thought about and still think about it today, errrr.....   I think for many reasons this is a bad idea, most of which is family and also the fact I don't like being a baby-sitter and I will have work to do; could be a distraction and I would feel the need to entertain her.

waddya think lads?  and don't just say "Oh ya, I would do that in a heartbeat" ..... think of the downsides and the upsides; which as far as I can see is just the prospect of [maybe] a few screws but more than my share of headaches.

Yes.....JD approaching 40 [again] is weird.....   5 years ago this would have been a no-brainer.

WWFRD??

[what would forum readers do]

Buddy

As much as I would really enjoy the fringe benefits due to family constraints it couldn't happen with me.

Now an alternative would be putting her up in a motel/hotel and giving her a metro bus pass!!!! That way you could always sneak around in your free time.

It's good to King........no matter what the pay

Courage is being scared to death__and saddling up anyway

Billy Jaffe, Radio Voice of the Thrashers:
    ”I have absolutely No problem with Ohio State. It has a beautiful campus, and for a Junior College it has really great Academics.”

"Gentlemen and ladies, 'Those Who Stay Will Be Champions' is for you too. It's for every Michigan fan that's out there. When the going gets tough, you don't cut and run. It's not the Michigan way. If I heard it once from the old man, I heard it a thousand times -- when the going gets tough you find out who your real friends are, and that's why we must stay. Because there will be championships, and this staff and these kids will bring those championships here."

Comment

funny...... my neighbor [who has no idea what I do] mentioned this today when I said a 'lady' may come and visit me and I was questioning the whole deal to him; he said put her up in a hotel. Not sure if my friend would go for this and it would be even more of a distraction for me, wondering if she was happy and safe, etc....

at least here I could keep an eye on her and keep her entertained [such as it is for an old fart like meself]

Comment

J.D.
        Yes.....JD approaching 40 [again] is weird..... 5 years ago this would have been a no-brainer.
        ..well, how do ya think ur gonna feel then going on 50, or 60!!

Comment

funny...... I always go in 5 -year increments to justify growing old.....as in when I got to 30 I said Ahh, this ain't so bad, it will REALLLY suck when I hit 35. then at 35 it was all good, it would REALLY suck at 40...... then at 40;well lets just say I started going backwards.

ask any ladyboy I know...... they will all say 38.....funny thing is they have been saying that for 5 years now

wassup with that?

Comment

If you are working and have a regular life, then having some guests is always a nuisance; you are always stressing if they are ok, thinking about where to go at night when all you want to do is relax in front of the TV.

All your friends will want to know why you are not available for 2 weeks and why they can't meet your friend.

I love to spend long time in Thailand but would not want that in England. Too many hassles all round.
            seriously pig headed,arrogant,double standard smart ass poster!

Comment

That temporary act of kindness soon gets old once she starts to rely on you and your movements are resticted. Why not just find a nice white girl to marry. eh? It's pretty much the same thing.

What if it doesn't work out? You can't turf her out on her ear. It seems that she has already proved once that the fairytale life doesn't work with her and extending this much of a kindness is gonna screw up your life pretty quickly.

I'd agree to meet her on neutral grounds for a few days first before she finds out exactly where you live for real.

You might find that your 'old friend' is just that: an old friendship and it's time for both you and her to move on!

I'd also be a little suspicious of anyone who called me up and out of the blue asked to move in 'for a while.'

Maybe you've been away from Thailand for a few weeks too long!

Comment

(JaiDee @ Oct. 26 2006,05:24) I think for many reasons this is a bad idea, most of which is  family

Comment

Oh, trust me...... there is nothing being rekindled here, anything this person and myself had was over almost 3 years ago. I just find it mildly intriguing that I can have someone come to my home for no cost to me and hang out for a few weeks....... it seems too good to pass up.

and yet the bad seems to outweigh the good, hence this post. so I believe I will pass and spend the holidays in the usual way, with people I know who care about me and whom I care about, and not with scammers. I have had enough of that this year.

Comment

JD,

I would not do it if I had a family.  There is some kind of string or catch your missing.

However, If She is cute and really wants to come to the states, I would be more than happy to help out and take her off your hands  
                    You Live and You Learn -- Hopefully!

Comment

Ok everyone is saying "No Dont Do IT" I am going to say this " How often do you get to have a real Thai LB in America!" Do IT if not send her to me

Comment

Maybe she would prefer some time in the land downunder I mean winter in Boston or Summer in oz?

Comment

he hee, valid point

the decision has been made on this deal, really even before I started this thread..........the holidays will be spent the same way it has been since birth; with family and close friends, not with some hooker with an agenda.

Comment

Jai Dee send her down to Texas, I dont mind a hooker for the holiday... Its not real cold down here too....

Comment

(ozzie @ Oct. 26 2006,05:19) Maybe she would prefer some time in the land downunder I mean winter in Boston or Summer in oz?

Good old Ozzie, always trying to help out
                              Your got yer Mother in a whirl
                              Shes not sure if your a Boy or a Girl

Comment

Working...
                              X