X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gentleman's Club

Interesting comment from Stogie in another topic - is there a market for a Gentleman's Club for LB officiados who would rather have a quiet talk and enjoy the ambiance? I would think so, I tend to be in and out of BKK on overnight stops fequently and had a lovely time back in Sep when I met a real nice girl from the site, had a nice dinner, chatted and retired for the evening.... perfect company.

Some ground work Stogie and you could pull in a few memebers off this site. Annual membership, tied in with this site?

I would be very keen to be a part of running a gentlemans club in Bangkok.

I'm just a poor part time teacher, and I couldn't possibly afford to get something like this off the ground.

But I envision a relaxed bar with great music, but NOT loud. A couple of pool tables, a TV lounge, and about 3 or 4 rooms upstairs for guests. (All spotless and clean.)

A computer hooked up to the net for checking email. All beer and spirit prices CLEARLY marked in English and clearly priced. No sneaky extras and well trained girls who are paid enough not to have to hassle you.

I would like to have about a dozen classy girls on the staff and extras as and when they want to show up. They will NOT be fiddling with their mobile phones all night and they will NOT be thieving you when your back's turned.

We can do food, but only in a limited 'snack' kind of a way...

I'd really like it soundproofed from the outside noise, with a bar in the middle, with a proper bartender (me!) and stools around it... Plenty of couches and tables, stationary for letter writing etc...

Anyone can come in and have fun... but I would like to see a VIP membership for regulars who would get first dibs on girls, rooms and other club perks...

I really feel that there is a market for a club that is just the opposite of everything that is currently on offer.

We would also pay for taxis to take you home or to your hotel, and certain members could run tabs and be billed monthly.

It has to be the kind of place where someone can come in and NOT feel at all intimidated. Where you can get a free bowl of chilli on a Sunday! And hot wings also!)

It has to be the first place that you want to go when you land at the airport. A quick phone call and we are expecting you. Bar stool reserved and chilled Chang in the freezer!

Open till 2AM... Expect lock ins!

I have a long history in the UK and the US of running clubs and hotels and restaurants and I could make this work easily.

Comment

You mentioned "lock ins .................." I'm you man!!!

Comment

Sounds good, apart from several things:

1. I don't believe there is enough demand to make it a lb only place (if that was what you had in mind). How many people are going to pay US$500(?) annual membership
        2. Set up costs....US$200k??
        3. Running a bar in Thailand is VERY hairy!!!

Thoughts?
        Mister Arse

Comment

Sensational Stogie! A cold Chang in the freezer, cosy atmosphere and girls like Som(Obsessions) waiting for you - I'd be your alltime regular! I always hated the hassle in the LB bars, the stupid loud (and bad) music and the sometimes non-existent atmosphere.
          I know clubs of a similar, also very interesting concept in Germany, Italy and Austria. Actually for GG's of course. I occasionally went there, when I was on a business trip with collegues or friends and I also always fancied something like this with LB's. The trick is: No charging in the bar, no charging for the girls, an "all-inclusive" club of a high standard - you only have to pay when you leave. They don't hassle you, they only come when you give them a wink, drinks and food (burgers, steaks, seafood) included. You pay per hour on the room - or if you just want to hang around and chat - an inclusive charge for drinks and food. The prices are of course very high: 350‚¬/h on the room and 100‚¬/h for chat, food and drinks (A price structure that would of course never work in BKK, but it's actually the concept that counts.) That concept works extremely well in Europe and the idea behind is, that you never realize that you're actually in a brothel. It's a typical "gentlemen's club" atmosphere - also from the ambiance. The rooms have king size beds, Jacuzzis, videos, etc. The girls are of course very well selected and it's also nice just talking with them and having a few drinks and steaks with friends. Something special like this is missing in BKK anyway - actually no matter if it's a LB or a GG club - but we all know what we'd prefer

MK
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEdXtf-GHvU

Comment

Stewart,

I think it's all about the ambiance that you create there - and if you have the right taste and feeling, you find easily enough people for an annual fee of 500 USD. Think of how much the people pay for their stupid golf clubs. Establishing costs of about 200k, maybe more seem to me realistic. The only problem I see as well is the LB thing. I'm also not sure if the target group is big enough. And if you want to introduce a classy new GG bar concept to the BKK-scene, you can be sure that within a week you have the police and all the other neckless BKK gangsters waiting for you at your doorstep - which could be very hairy indeed!

MK

Comment

>>>And if you want to introduce a classy new GG bar concept to the BKK-scene, you can be sure that within a week you have the police and all the other neckless BKK gangsters waiting for you at your doorstep - which could be very hairy indeed!>>>

That's ok, it's only Stogie that's going to prison, not us. And I am sure there would be enough volunteers to keep Kui company while Stogie was being rofered to death somewhere else!!
              Mister Arse

Comment

lol....what a mean bastard you can be....

Comment

I think you have something Stogie - there are a couple of bars down Soi 33 which are exclusive - more for Jap trade than us poor travellers but as Mai-Kee says $500 annual memebership is not excessive, and I like his hourly rate concept.

Comment

I spent about one hour on a cool post and it got fookin' internet fried...

Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck...

Anyway... the concept is sound...

Comment

A sound and logical idea that is sorely needed in Bangkok. I agree with what your ideas are. I would liker to chat in person with you about this when I am back in Bangkok in February. I am close to finishing up my full time work here in the U.S. and this is something that has got me thinking. Let me know if you are interested in persuing this idea further.
                      Contact me at [email protected], the name is Padraig.
                      Later guys.

Comment

>>>I am close to finishing up my full time work here in the U.S. and this is something that has got me thinking.  Let me know if you are interested in persuing this idea further.>>>

If there was one type of business that was sure to lose you money, and probably a kneecap or two, the bar business in Thailand is probably it. You must be mad!!

Nobody disagrees with the concept....but the reality!
                        Mister Arse

Comment

I would like the idea to be tied in with the site, but not exclusively ladyboys. Most of us here go for pretty GGs too! The idea is sound, and there are plenty of flagging businesses that could be quite cheaply converted for the needs of a club such as the one outlined earlier.

Comment

Working...
                          X