• Show
Clear All

• help as i am in trouble

what a fuck up was due to be in asia for 4 weeks xmas
    my booking is totally screwed up
    so the new plan is
    have a confirmed plane ticket which gets me into bkk 12.30 26th december
    this is where you guys could help i want to do phuket and pattaya
    i was thinking of going to pattaya on first day then flying from there to phuket or should i fly straight from bkk to phuket
    need a good travel agency who can sort tickets out

the next proplem in posting pics
    i would love to finish a report but can never get my pics to upload
    also how do i get logged onto this site when i am in los

SORRY if its posted in wrong forum
    but i been searching and cant findmuch info
    SB I sent you a new pm
    in love with nat

Best way to log onto the site when a country restricts (like Thailand) is to use an end point VPN. This creates a secure tunnel back to the VPN end point. I use two in North America.

The first is GoToMyPC. Leave your PC on at home and then log in with your laptop from Thailand. They offer a free 30 day trial, so that should take care of you. Just set it up and test before departing. I have used for over 2 years without a hitch.

Second way is to sign up for a VPN service like HotSpotNPN or PublicVPN. These work about 70% of the times. Some hotels have their networks set to restrict these VPN€™s. HotSpot offers an upgraded product called HotSpotVPN2 that is rock solid ($10.88/month). VPN2 blasts past all hotel settings without problems.

Hope that helps€¦..

Comment

u shouldnt miss bangkok. u can fly to phuket from pattaya. with bangkokair. but again, u need a few days (at least) in bangkok krap.

Comment

(trouble999 @ Nov. 05 2006,16:03) the next proplem in posting pics
        i would love to finish a report but can never get my pics to upload
        also how do i get logged onto this site when i am in los
        You should have no problem accessing this forum from Thailand. It was blocked at one time but since we changed servers the IP is now different and we get past the Thai blocks. We also have a proxy server ATS members can use free of charge. Just PM Stogie Bear and ask for an account on the proxy.

Comment

You don't need a good travel agent. You can do these bookings on the fly anywhere in 5 minutes.

However, if you want a starting point, go down Soi 4 (Nana street) until you see the first street that goes left. On that corner is an agent I use all the time. Her name is Mayuree and she is wonderful. Always perfectly done, and she'll either give you the best price or tell you to book it yourself online if the price is lower. She's that honest.

Comment

(trouble999 @ Nov. 05 2006,18:03) i was thinking of going to pattaya on first day then flying from there to phuket or should i fly straight from bkk to phuket
            need a good travel agency who can sort tickets out
            U-Tapao airport which is a short traffic free trip from Pattaya is a good way to get from Pattaya to Phuket.  It was far superior than the long trip to Don Muang.

But since the new airport is closer to Pattaya that opens up lots more possibilties that are cheaper than Bangkok Air which flys out of U-Tapao.

Mim, a travel agent in Pattaya, has done lots of things way above and beyond the call of duty for me so i like booking through her and HIGHLY recommend her.

You might be having a great time in Phuket and want to extend or you might want to get back to BKK or Pattaya sooner.  If so just call Mim and she can handle the change easily for you.

http://www.gardencentre.com.au/sunee...l/nstravel.htm

Comment

(olekunde @ Nov. 05 2006,20:46) u shouldnt miss bangkok. u can fly to phuket from pattaya. with bangkokair. but again, u need a few days (at least) in bangkok krap.
              I totally agree. It sounds as if you are going to bypass Bangkok completely. Some people call the bars in Nana shitholes but I don't get there very often and I get a huge kick out of them. Walk through the doors of Cascades and there is 20 different intense emotions going through you. How cool is that. Even the weird shit is intense. You just gotta love it.
              Justbob

Comment

With 4 weeks for your first trip, I would start out in BKK for jsut a few days and go to the ladyboy bars at NEP and the new one on Soi 1 if it's open.

Then go to Pattaya. Get a feel for Pattaya. See how much you like it.

Then go to Phuket.

Then return to either Bangkok or Pattaya depending on what you've discovered you like.

Have fun!

Comment

sorry ignore me
                  It's never okay for men to cry! You know who cries? Girls. And little babies. And little baby girls.

Comment

thanks guys
                    time is my proplem instead of being there for one month i am only now staying about 18 days
                    been to bkk and pattaya many times before never made it to phuket yet
                    am meeting friends in pattaya 4th january
                    so want to get to phuket as quick as poss anyone know if i can get a e-ticket so i could fly straight on to phuket
                    if i go to bkk i end up staying a few days then it all starts going wrong
                    in love with nat

Comment

http://www.nokair.com/nokconnext/asp...currlang=en-US

http://www.airasia.com/site/en/home.jsp

On Nok Air first class is only 500 baht extra and besides a bigger seat gets you a free snack and a more generous baggage allowance.

Book your Phuket Hotel early cause you are going at the highest of the high season.

Comment

(trouble999 @ Nov. 05 2006,17:03) the next proplem in posting pics i would love to finish a report but can never get my pics to upload
                        Pics are probably just too large...use a resizing program before you post...

This one from MS is easy to use...

http://www.microsoft.com/windows....ys.mspx
                        "It's not Gay if you beat them up afterwards."  --- Anon

Comment

thanks again
                          trying to get hotel at moment
                          think its nearlly impossible
                          in love with nat

Comment

Phuket hotels....

http://www.asiarooms.com/thailand/phuket.html
                            "It's not Gay if you beat them up afterwards."  --- Anon

Comment

Working...
                            X