X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Once again the media get it wrong

This week CNN's Anderson Cooper is in Thailand doing an expose on human slavery and the sale of indangered species. Ironically the distinction between to two is blurred. But worst of all the same old devices are utilized to give the lie of prostitution in Thailand it's usual treatment. Yes there are human slaves in Thailand but they really have little to do with go-go bars and the nightlife areas of Patpong, Nana, Cowboy etc.
    The human slaves are essentially there to service Thai punters and perhaps, overseas Chinese customers. The narration drones on and the lazy cameramen shoot Patpong(neon neon yes!). The impression is that all the dreggy punters who go to Nana and Patpong are supporting the slave system, which is pure bunk. I have never met a slave working in a go-go bar in any of the three nightlife areas mentioned above. They freely decide to work there. They can get lower paying jobs in the non-prostitution economy but go for the gold in the farang bar scene. To display these images is to be lazy and portray the scene as something it is not. Also who are the finger pointers but exploiters of sensation.

(bohemia @ Mar. 22 2007,03:12) This week CNN's Anderson Cooper is in Thailand doing an expose on human slavery and the sale of indangered species.  Ironically the distinction between to two is blurred.  But worst of all the same old devices are utilized to give the lie of prostitution in Thailand it's usual treatment.  Yes there are human slaves in Thailand but they really have little to do with go-go bars and the nightlife areas of Patpong, Nana, Cowboy etc.
    The human slaves are essentially there to service Thai punters and perhaps, overseas Chinese customers.  The narration drones on and the lazy cameramen shoot Patpong(neon neon yes!).  The impression is that all the dreggy punters who go to Nana and Patpong are supporting the slave system, which is pure bunk.  I have never met a slave working in a go-go bar in any of the three nightlife areas mentioned above.  They freely decide to work there.  They can get lower paying jobs in the non-prostitution economy but go for the gold in the farang bar scene.  To display these images is to be lazy and portray the scene as something it is not.  Also who are the finger pointers but exploiters of sensation.
    Since when has the truth been allowed to get in the way of a good story......

The propaganda machines march on brain washing the masses.
    Robin

You pays your money & takes your chance. This isn't a rehearsal do it now, it's no good looking back when it's a lover & wishing.... ITS TOO LATE.

Comment

Couldn't agree more

Comment

The only documentry I have seen about the LOS, that contains an ounce of credability & fact, is called, "The Full Moon Party", I think, ironically not much of it is actually about the full moon party & it exposes the LOS as a bit of scam. Too true & easy to see if you have visited a few times. Its worth watching as it chats with some bloke who samples his first LB.
        Robin

You pays your money & takes your chance. This isn't a rehearsal do it now, it's no good looking back when it's a lover & wishing.... ITS TOO LATE.

Comment

watched CNN last night with Anderson

wonder if he has made it down to Surawong street yet? he would love Dream Boys

I hate these specials and shows about the seedy side of Thailand ......he also goes to Cambodia next, the best place in the world to ride dirt bikes but also unfortunately a sex-tourist haven. when they air friends and people in my family must be thinking "Geez, he always goes to Thailand and Cambodia....hmmmm.... what's up with that?"
          Guilt is Gods way of telling you you're having too much fun.
          -Dennis Miller

Comment

(rob69in @ Mar. 22 2007,04:19) The only documentry I have seen about the LOS, that contains an ounce of credability & fact, is called, "The Full Moon Party", I think, ironically not much of it is actually about the full moon party & it exposes the LOS as a bit of scam. Too true & easy to see if you have visited a few times. Its worth watching as it chats with some bloke who samples his first LB.  
            you know where i could get a copy of this ? cheers mate
            Free your mind and your ass will follow .

Comment

(jimslim @ Mar. 22 2007,06:33)
              (rob69in @ Mar. 22 2007,04:19) The only documentry I have seen about the LOS, that contains an ounce of credability & fact, is called, "The Full Moon Party", I think, ironically not much of it is actually about the full moon party & it exposes the LOS as a bit of scam. Too true & easy to see if you have visited a few times. Its worth watching as it chats with some bloke who samples his first LB.  
              I have watched it twice now in the last couple of years.

I spend a lot time in hotel rooms with not much to do except watch TV when i am working, I am in Spain at the moment, doing just that. It was doing the rounds on the Discovery Channel, how you would get a copy i really don't know, you could try google & see what it comes up with.
              Robin

Comment

(rob69in @ Mar. 22 2007,06:39)
                (jimslim @ Mar. 22 2007,06:33)
                I have watched it twice now in the last couple of years.

I spend a lot time in hotel rooms with not much to do except watch TV when i am working, I am in Spain at the moment, doing just that. It was doing the rounds on the Discovery Channel, how you would get a copy i really don't know, you could try google & see what it comes up with.

cheers robin
                Free your mind and your ass will follow .

Comment

It's CNN. I don't think it's supposed to taken too seriously. They are about as reliable as Fox News when it comes to 'news!'

Comment

Who said there are no Slave Girls in Thailand? Sure there is€¦ CNN should follow me around Pattaya for the real story!€¦  I always keep my slaves locked in a cage and only let them out for a spanking when they're good little bitches!
                    Attached Files

Comment

What Anderson Cooper saying?
                      I only feed my slaves the best ripe Bananas!
                      Attached Files

Comment

He is reporting from Phnom Phen right now.

The report is so sensationilist is should be on Fox not CNN ( and have Geraldo as lead ).

Drek
                        "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

Forget about it. You have to live in the bible belt, see grown men in "One nation under God" T-shirt, and be speechless when morons talking about yard works, then to fully appreciate the people CNN is catering to.

Comment

(lostinlos @ Mar. 22 2007,11:33) You have to live in the bible belt, see grown men in "One nation under God" T-shirt, and be speechless when morons talking about yard works, then  to fully appreciate the people CNN is catering to.
                            I agree. When you permanenly stain the school records of a 4 year old with a 'sexual harrasment' charge then you are well and truly NOT fit to judge other countries on sexual morality.

(God bless the readers of this forum for not being like the rest of the world!

Comment

Hey Bam, how do you travel with a cage that size? I only have the tiger trap variety - it's the largest that'll fit in my bag, and it's so much more interesting to watch them squirm.

I lika the pussy.

POL
                              Retired the top 12.  Need a new dirty dozen.  

Update: The new list is coming together: Nong Poy, Anita, Nok, Gif, Liisa Winkler, Kay, Nina Poon.  Is it possible to find 5 more?  Until then, GGs:  Jessica Alba, Yuko Ogura, Zhang Ziyi, Maggie Q, and Gong Li.

Comment

Working...
                              X