X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Camera

I hope you guys liked the pics from Samui and also from the Christmas update. The new Nikon D100 I have been working with works like a dream and is very easy to use [after you get used to it], and i think the quality is so nice in the final results. I can't take every pic for this site, not when we are adding 20 or more galleries per month these days, but the ones that i burn off now will all be taken with the new Nikon and I hope you guys like them.

I was particularly happy with the Unsen pics and also the huge Aon gallery which i took gladly. she was my practice model when i first started using this new toy and we burned off about 1000 pics, all in great fun. 300 made the final cut.

I hope you guys like the new look of the pics; more megapixels and better color and clarity than before.

Jon

Absolutely Jon. Great tool the D100 and a major step forward - also compared to other sites. What lenses and flashes are you using by the way?

MK
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEdXtf-GHvU

Comment

the lens I bought is a Nikkor 35/105MM that I bought in BKK and the flash is a SB-28DX, or I should say it WAS an SB-28DX until it fell in the water on Samui and so did my 300 dollar investment. I bought a cheesy Vivitar one at Tesco/lotus just to get me through the last shoot, but I will have to buy a new one when i return there. I also picked up some nice studio strobes and some umbrellas and shit, and travelling now is a major hassle but the pics are worth it.

just in case anyone wonders how their site money gets re-invested, take a look at the new pics; 3000 dollars worth of camera equipment and lighting gives that effect that you could never get from a regular point and shoot.

Jon

Comment

Typical... The boss is flashing his tool again!

Comment

this new tool is much bigger than my 6-inch irish curse tool, believe me. much harder to operate, also

Jon

Comment

Your Irish curse is 6 inches? The way you've complained about this Irish curse over the years, it sounded more like 3-4. 6 inches is the average for white guys, ya know. You're right in the middle as for all the white guys. So, no more whining about being Irish causing you to lack size.

Comment

Jon

CAn you give us a few simple details on the D 100 ......the pic quality is great.......

I assume this is a digital cam body with interchangeable lenses WHat did the cam cost and the lens???

What pixel rating does it have..???

Thanks

Comment

Jon, try also the Nikon 85mm/1,4D. It's a sensational lense for portrait shootings. The best one I ever used. Also is the 35-70mm/2.8D a not too expensive alternative, especially when you need wide angles in a small room - i.e. for not cutting off the feet... Also are the professional studio strobes a must when you do pictures like that. It's worth it, as we all could see!

MK
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEdXtf-GHvU

Comment

With a digital SLR like the Nikon (and my Canon) there is a multiplying effect of 1.5 (or 1.6 for Canon). That makes a 35mm lens a 52mm lens. For Indoor work I use a 19-35 and a 28-80 (which is effectively a 30-52 and a 42-120).

Both bodies cost about $1300-$1500 USD. Canon just came out w/ a low end version that goes for $1000 USD but it feels cheap. Lenses cost from $100 to more-money-than-I-care-to-think-about.

You should also get a UV filter, for outsite it protects from UV, for indoor it protects from flying cum shots.

Snick
                  "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

Thenks for the comments......excuse my ignorance but is it the camera body ( which I assume holds the electronics) that determines the pixel rating.....or the lens?

Comment

the body actually determines the pixel size; but having the right lens is very important also. I first started with a fixed lens and moved on to a telescopic for about 400 bucks; now I want an even better one.

Jon

Comment

Thanks Jon

Seems like cameras are like Ladyboys.......we are always looking for an upgrade....Haha......and of course the body is important there too.....and the length of the lens also adds to the satisfaction......

Happy Shooting

Comment

Working...
                        X