Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This  concerns us all

found this on another forum

Bangkok Post - January 10, 2004 (not in on-line edition)

OPENING HOURS
    The Interior Ministry will seek cabinet approval on Tuesday for a new regulation to require all entertainment venues to open at 6PM and close at midnight based on public hearing results.
    Dep. Interior Minister Pracha Maleenont said he will ask cabinet on Jan 13 to issue a new ministerial regulation to require all kind of entertainment venues to open at 6 PM and close at midnight.
    If endorsed by the cabinet, the new rule will be enforced around Jan 22 - The Chinese New Year Day - when His Majesty The King is expected to sign the new entertainment establishment law, he said.
    Wichian Chavalit, director of the Local Administration Department's legal office, said the law will impose 5000 Baht fines on entertainment venue visitors to carry ID cards.

Yeah a 5000 baht "fine" LOL like payable to the local Boys in brown!!!

Comment

And I thought i lived in shit central where only 2 places are open till 2!!!!!!! Oh well at least there are Lb's In Thailand.

Comment

This latest course of action was tabled after the ten pm closing law caused great consternation. Believe me Mr. Taksin Shinawatra is serious in all of this. The man is hell bent on bringing Thailand to "First world status" His own words spoken last week in Thai parliament. With the five hundred percent increase in visa fees, he'll do it! The Cynic

Comment

Jon, pls keep your eyes open when you go to the PI. Maybe Cebu is really an alternative to LOS?! I'm really pissed of big time by this fucker Fucksin! I knew it from the moment he faked his election that there will be hard times coming up for us and our babes. It seems the time has really come to think about alternatives!

MK
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEdXtf-GHvU

Comment

All smoke and mirrors folks.

Nothing will change here in your lifetimes.

Thaksin makes wild unfulfillable promises, these 'acts' go to parliament every week and get sent back...

And most of what you read in the papers about Thailand isn't all true.

Bars won't be closing at midnight in an effort to give Thaksin 'world status!' Infact he is eyeing prostitues as a way of raking in extra cash. The whole industry will probably be legalized by the turn of the decade!

I've heard this all before and seen nothing!

Close a bar at midnight then farangs will find another playground. Simple.

Comment

i hope you are right, Stogie....

for you, MK, I hear that Cebu is 1AM for last call

besides, can anything really replace our beloved LOS? I would have a very hard time just skipping that beautiful place alltogether. time will tell....the next vote for this INSANE law will take place on tuesday, the 13th......and if it passes the bars will start closing at that time on january 22.....man, would that suck or what?

Jon

Comment

I wish I was as optomistic as stogie but then again who ever thought there would be a 2am closing ? All the bar owners were so sure Mr T would go or be assassinated but hey - wake up call Mr T is here to stay and is doing well ! Be scared be very scared, Thailand is not going to be the sex capital of the World much longer ! Be prepared to be very surprised in under 5 years people !

Good luck to them !

Bricktop

Comment

Look at the bright side

...at least you won't have to wait around until 2 to troll for freelancers

Comment

Just ask your self why most tourists go to thailand?? and its for girls ladyboy s whatever, few famillys go there for a peacefull familly holiday,(there are always exceptions) also consider the amount of foreign currency that gets sent over every month, by buidding romeo's i would suggest its a fair wack of gdp for thailand.
                    taksin and his cronie's are not silly

Comment

Sorry to let u know this folks but all bars have been written to telling them 1am closing, this has not yet come to Patong which may be exempt.
                      Time will tell whether zoned areas such as Patpong will also be exempt. This has everything to do with moral crusades and controlling the youth (and his own wayward son) as opposed to an anti Farang campaign.

13th Jan is the announcement that this has passed into law, how it is enforced after the initial clamp down will be the real interesting part.

Comment

Well that's all very enlightening Distort, but when you say "all bars" That's rather a broad statement. Did you do a survey of all the bars in the meropolis? You certainly didn't ask me, or I would have told you that none of my establishments have recieved any notice from any authority..........................
                        .....Amphur, Police or Tessabahn .
                        Please be accurate! The Cynic

Comment

It is all irrelevant now as the entire proposal has been sent back for a re-think.

(Is your bar in Patpong that is what i meant under the "all bars" statement, my error)

Comment

Working...
                          X