Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(katoeylover @ Jun. 15 2007,05:03) it wasnt til this site and the yellow board a couple of years on
    wow, we have identified yet another yellow-board reader!!   Great  KL,  those were the, errrrr, BAD ol' days!!

Sorry Stogie, a plug for your forum here       but some confusion for your words here;

"To say that AsianTS and this message board has no impact would clearly be wrong. But that's not to say that the impact dictates the success of the business. They would get by just fine without us. "

Hmmmm......been hanging out in the  Academia section lately, have ye?   This is oxymoronic and makes no sense!    

they may 'get by just fine'  [or not],   but they clearly would not make as much green

Never seen a poll so lopsided by the way, on any subject ......
    Guilt is Gods way of telling you you're having too much fun.
    -Dennis Miller

Comment

I'd hazzard a guess that 60-70% of customers first found out about Guess Bar via this forum. Probably 20% from other forums and the remainder word of mouth.

What is interesting though is the ratio of return customers. For Guess, I know its extremely high - somewhere up in the 90% ratio which to me at least is very high. So in a nutshell, yes the forums are very good for making people aware, however its the ambience & service thats causes them to return, as against just saying 'yeah its ok but wont rush back'.

Cheers
      Mardhi

Comment

Question: Are Bars helped by appearing here?

Undoubtedly Yes....All of them.

Clearly the major beneficiaries are Guess and Club 131. Originally Mardhi and then Franck have so wonderfully exploited the marketing shop window which this forum provides
        Other places in NEP, Patpong, Patong & Pattaya also benefit eventhough they do not have a member of their management team contributing to this forum beating the drum.

Comment

if they had falang management there they would get chatted up here..... but the nana bars are so well established that they don't need people chatting 'em up here, I think people will go there regardless and also as I said earlier the Bios in members helps these bars more than any other thing; probably 75% of the BKK models work in Nana and it says so in their write-ups.

forgot about Patpong! and rightly so, that place sucks and as Looker said early on BAD press as KC3 and Kings Corner continually get here [again, rightly so] could hurt those shitholes. But no matter, they have enough walk-in traffic from the greenhorns who stay in Silom and think that is the REAL Thailand and will never leave that area. Hell, those 2 total dumps are packed nightly; Lord knows why.
          -Dennis Miller

Comment

(stogie bear @ Jun. 15 2007,21:01) But that's not to say that the impact dictates the success of the business. They would get by just fine without us.
            I'd like to contradict you on that point Stogie! From my own personal experience, I've always known about Thailand and the delights it had to offer. However, I never bothered to go or even think about it until I discovered this site and spent some time on the forum. I would never have decided to take the plunge had I not come across ATS (my failing relationship may have been a tiny factor). I have a feeling there are more than just a handful of similar cases. So while the bars in Nana wouldn't shut their doors, I think ATS should be owed a decent "finder's fee" for the work its done to promote the love of ladyboys all over the world!
            I'm a rough-ridin', hootin' and hollerin', ladyboy lovin' cowboy! Bang bang yer dead!!!

Comment

(thaibound @ Jun. 16 2007,01:25) such as those reading these posts - will pony up a few extra baht for a more memorable experience.
              Hmm..I wouldn't be so sure about more or less memorable. We are dealing with a rather "peculiar" form of sex attraction, I.E. chasing pretty boys dressed as glam girls.
              It's a form of fetish, and as most fetishes has reasons hard to be comprehended.
              Having said so, it's all extremely personal and my experience told me that LBs often portraid as a miracle of sex skill turned out to be nasty, unskilled and everything but memorable. Au contraire, others that were said to be hard nails, turned out to be quite OK. But then again..all too personal.

Back to the original song theme, sure I must revise my earlier statement to: internet does help some establishments to some extent! But as most other said, it's upto the place itself to do things that keeps client coming back. Again, within the total lack of logic that can be applied to nightclubbing and whoremongering
              Do only what you think it's good for you, and not what others think should be good for you!

Comment

While you may not have intended it, your post displays an amazing amount of ignorance.

"Pretty boys dressed up as glam girls" demonstrates you know nothing about LBs.

"It's a form of fetish" demonstrates you know nothing about LB admirers.

I'm not trying to shoot you down, but inadvertent comments like that always amaze me particularly when they come from seemingly smart people who spend a fair amount time on this forum, like you Looker. I don't consider my sexual orientation a fetish, nor my girlfriend a pretty boy dressed up as a glam girl. If you think that, then you really do need to spend more time here and understand this topic.

Comment

Depends on how you define a 'fetish' and as some of the dictionarys can't agree we'll have to decide for ourselves.

I understand 'fetish' to mean sexual arousal or obsession with something not normally associated with sex, although the word seems to have been 'slanged' to mean almost any compulsion, sexual or otherwise.

I don't think an attraction for ladyboys can be characterized as a fetish in the strictest sense of the word. Now if you asked a ladyboy to piss on you then THAT would be a fetish!

Also I think that Ziggy is a bit too dismissive of the phrase "Pretty boys dressed up as glam girls" because this (to me)exactly covers the reality of the situation and uncovers the fantasy... Check out a few ladyboy ID cards for a reality check!

Ladyboys for most of us are part of a sexual fantasy and the more fantastic they look the better the fantasy. Sexy clothes, fake body parts and dirty dancing maketh the ladyboy in the business of P4P.

Outside of the bar scene different rules apply.

Back to the thread... (for me, at least!)

I had meant to make a point that although the forum (and other online message boards) can take some credit for simply being here and available to bring us altogether to enjoy and discover the wide range of facilities available in the world, the business would still get by without our help albeit in a different way.

Credit must go to Mardhi (on behalf of Jay) and Franck who have made full use of these message boards to conjure up interest in their businesses.

The best thing about the message boards is not that they can make or break your holiday but that slowly the clubs and bars evolve to suit the visitor and the ones that take the online communities seriously will have the advantage in the long term.

I believe that at least another 10 ladyboy bars will open in Pattaya in the next 2 or 3 years and I believe that Bangkok has room for more also. If the owners look at the upsides of using these forums then it certainly can't do them any harm and if the places are rubbish then you'll certainly hear about that, too!

Comment

(ziggystardust @ Jun. 16 2007,13:36) While you may not have intended it, your post displays an amazing amount of ignorance.

"Pretty boys dressed up as glam girls" demonstrates you know nothing about LBs.

"It's a form of fetish" demonstrates you know nothing about LB admirers.

I'm not trying to shoot you down, but inadvertent comments like that always amaze me particularly when they come from seemingly smart people who spend a fair amount time on this forum, like you Looker. I don't consider my sexual orientation a fetish, nor my girlfriend a pretty boy dressed up as a glam girl. If you think that, then you really do need to spend more time here and understand this topic.
                    Ziggy, you can shoot me down all the time you want
                    I tend to look at things objectively, if you allow me to. Talk to someone who plays poker for 10 hours a day and will tell you that there is nothing wrong with it and that's just an hobby. Talk to someone who goes hunting for 9 months a year and he will tell you that there is nothing wrong with it and just an hobby, and the list goes on...but in fact, if we look at things with a grain or two of objectivity....
                    I've been with LBs since well over 15 years and, although have never had a g/f as LB for long time, I've been spending quite sometime in my home, cooking together, sleeping together and so on. And the feeling remains..are men dressed as girls.
                    Hence my statement of a fetish, since in fact transvestitism/transgerism (spelling??) happens to be a largely covered issued in the BDSM community. Now, if BDSM aficionados are not fetishist, then we have to rediscuss the whole issue
                    I know that if you talk to most LBs they have no idea what BDSM is, you'll tell me. Nevertheless the issue remains.
                    Being a fetishist doesn't imply having 90% of your body being covered by tattoos, nor wearing leather and being pierced everywhere.
                    Some people have fetishes of other nature, outside of the sex spectrum. So, I'm a fetishist when it comes to sex and personally I do not feel as a weirdo, and you are as well, and we all know that you're a respected professional with a high position in a large company, hence everything but a weirdo! You have a deep affection for a person..as a person who is with you, and could be any gender, doesn't matter that, but if we look at the sexual point of view, separated by the affection issue, I don't see many alternatives to what I said.
                    But I guess I've gone off topic again
                    Do only what you think it's good for you, and not what others think should be good for you!

Comment

yes, you have

and if you continue to do so we will have to move this thread  in to Academia, where no one reads except the lunatics and people who don't know shit about the Thai ladyboy scene. Lets keep it here where it belongs and talk about the bars only, eh??

has a poll ever been taken about which bars are peoples' favs?  I dunno , I don't read here all that much, could be interesting
                      -Dennis Miller

Comment

Butterfly has been seen out and about past the usual select areas quite a bit lately. Bored? Most bars in Thailand are helped by a wide range of boards. Even "straight" boards mention LB bars from time to time.

Comment

(Torurot @ Jun. 16 2007,21:25) Butterfly has been seen out and about past the usual select areas quite a bit lately. Bored?  
                          Oh, no question about it!! hell, once I leave my Paradise Island I am stuck in the land of the Bored for 5 months or so and it sucks..... my "job" gets tiresome sometimes so I read here; it's fun to see just how little the experts know about Thailand and the ladyboys who live there!!

But again Torurot, imagine the field day I could have if I REALLY got out the claws!! But I won't do that, if I start bringing too much reality on to his message board Stogie gives me dirty looks and spits into my Mussels when I am not looking, so I have to be nice

and I will be....my Mom always told me to get along nicely with others
                          -Dennis Miller

Comment

I voted it helps there business. I for one would love to spend a week just visiting the GUESS bar and sampling their lasses.

Comment

Shhheeesh.....50-0!! with only 5 guys wishy-washy

If all polls were this easy..... there would be no need for polls! or, put another way, if it was a 100% yes vote on whether or not postop's can "cum" somehow, it may even change MY thinking on that subject! but I doubt it.

thanks for voting lads and lasses, it seems clear that by chatting up bars on message boards and in the members area of pay sites that these bars are becoming more and more popular; good for them if they run a clean and honest business.
                              -Dennis Miller

Comment

(buttafly @ Jun. 16 2007,19:44)

yes, you have
                                Sorryyyyyyyyy
                                Yes, think of a more challenging poll please

Comment

Working...
                                X