First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Midnight.....

Here you go fellas

Cabinet postpones decision on midnight closure of nightspots

Good news for the restaurant- and entertainment industry. Deputy Prime Minister Purachai Piemsombun didn't get his proposal granted by the cabinet today.

Cabinet postpones decision on midnight closure of nightspot hours

BANGKOK -- The Cabinet today agrees not to approve a proposal requiring all nightspots nationwide to stop their services at midnight, saying that such a blanket, unconditional enforcement of service hours would hurt tourism a large number of people involved.

The Cabinet agrees to set up a working panel, which comprises Deputy Prime Minister Purachai Piemsombun and Deputy Interior Minister Pracha Maleenond, to study the matter on February 6. The final decision has to be made by March 1.

Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra said in a televised cabinet meeting the Interior Ministry's idea of making entertainment places and restaurants close at the witching hour was impractical.

"I would like to see a more thought-out idea, not a blanket proposal, Thaksin said.

"The dusk-to-midnight operating time restriction may be barking up the wrong tree. It will affect restaurants featuring music," Thaksin said.

Source: The Nation
    Up The Ass Of Every Successful Business Man Lies a Ladboys Thick Long Cock!

So if they call Casanova, Obsessions et al. restaurants they will be exempt.

After all they play music and you can get 'hot dogs' there

RR.  

Seriously I have little doubt that Thaksin will be doing more to clean up the image of Thailand and I suspect we will find more restrictions affecting us. It will probably hurt the tourism industry as we know it.

I also suspect that when they have their next elections in 2005 Thaksin will be re-elected  

RR.
    Pedants rule, OK. Or more precisely, exhibit certain of the conventional trappings of leadership.

"I love the smell of ladyboy in the morning."
    Kahuna

Comment

After reading the announcement, I feel a huge relief. Reading between the lines, I think this idea is dead. They are throwing it back to comitee where it will hopefuly disapear.

I think I'll celebrate by going to Cascade tonight (of course if it passed, I was going to comisorrate by going to Cascade tonight).

Snick

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
      "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

Originally posted by
        Reading between the lines, I think this idea is dead.
        Agree...

Originally posted by
        I think I'll celebrate by going to Cascade tonight (of course if it passed, I was going to comisorrate by going to Cascade tonight).
        ^ Classic!

Comment

Originally posted by (Snick @ Jan. 13 2004,06:54)
          comisorrate
          commiserate?

Comment

Great, although I'm afraid that RR is right with his concerns.

We'll see...
            MK
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEdXtf-GHvU

Comment

I gave up trying to spell a long time ago.
              Now I just concentrate on putting the round peg into the round hole (the one in the back).

Snick
              "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

Originally posted by (chokchai @ Jan. 13 2004,10:21)
                Originally posted by (Snick @ Jan. 13 2004,06:54)
                comisorrate
                commiserate?
                Ooh goody... a new game!

Confiscate?

Comment

Dont start it if u cant finish it Stogie......lol You gave up on the last game remember....

Up The Ass Of Every Successful Business Man Lies a Ladboys Thick Long Cock!

Comment

Working...
                  X