Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Former beauty queen buys buffaloes to help poor

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2007....236.php

we don't believe all we read in the papers but........

thank god for her. now they will stop telling me "buffalo sick " if the story is true?? good on her
    just a sex tourist looking for hot fun

Comment

I hate it when journalists refer to them as transvestites. Strangely they got the title right but switched to using the term transvestite throughout the article. Entered 700 beauty contests...that's hard to imagine. Good work by her though for sure.

Comment

Transsexual beauty queen buys buffaloes to help poor...

A former transvestite beauty queen has spent her prize money on saving Thai buffaloes and distributing them to poor farmers in Lop Buri to help boost their income.

Former beauty pageant entrant, Sararat "Arf" Klinthai, who was born Sawek Klinthai, now 30, said she underwent a sex-change operation at 17 and had entered nearly 700 beauty contests. She enjoyed considerable success including the Miss Alcazar runner-up at Pattaya and the Miss Siam Contest in Bangkok, and has 200 trophies.

After retiring, Arf returned to her hometown in Tambon Tai Talad in Muang Lop Buri and raised some 100 Brahman cattle, on which she also conducted artificial insemination without help from veterinarians.

Arf said she spent her prize money - and donations from fellow transvestite contestants - to save 50 buffaloes and cows bound for the slaughterhouse and gave 30 of them to the locals and let them sell the calves.

She said her love of animals and the province's sharp decline of buffaloes inspired her, and along with some friends, she bought the buffaloes and cows and distributed them for poor locals to raise. She said this not only helped raise people's incomes but also conserved the animals for future generations.

Arf's 58-year-old father, Ode Klinthai said at first he was alarmed when he discovered Arf was a transvestite but soon accepted the fact as he did not want to scold her or cause her misery. He said he taught Arf to be a good person, refrain from drugs, work hard and save up because a career in beauty pageants would not last.

Ode said he was glad that, despite undergoing a sex change, Arf was still capable of doing things and had never let her family down. He said Arf had always loved animals and he was proud of her for having saved the buffaloes and helping poor neighbours.
        Great story...

Comment

(Dravina @ Jun. 20 2007,16:10) http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2007....236.php

we don't believe all we read in the papers but........
          This story might be true, I met a postop lb in Dec. who works at JSB. She told me that she wanted to donate money to a group to take care of Thai buffaloes to help the poor.

Of course I was suspect as not everything we hear is true (even in the west!), and now it is in print.

If she started competing in contests at 16 and retired at 30, she would have entered almost 47 contests a year. 700 sounds like a lot!

Good for her, doing something useful to help the poor people in her region. In the P4P scene we can get jaded and insensitive to others, and it is good to be reminded not all is bad out there.

Thanks for sharing the article!

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
          Membership Levels
          The Rookie Thread
          New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
          Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

ok, some photos to go along with the story, I think I actually met this lb back in 2001 when I was at the Miss Tiffany contest.

Her name is "Arf or Aff"

She competed in many contests and usually placed well and won special awards.

She grew up helping her parents with their chicken farm and always loved animals.

So now she is using her winnings and skills helping the poor people.

Here is the link to her story in Thai:

Memory Beauty Missladyboy.com

This is also one example of what happens to an old lb - in this case something good and she still looks nice!

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
            Membership Levels
            The Rookie Thread
            New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
            Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if they were generous in counting this. I saw a beauty pageant in Beijing once that was at a cabaret. I think they had that pageant every night. I don't know what BKK is like, but getting numbers in the hundreds would be easy if there's a "contest" every night.

POL
              Retired the top 12.  Need a new dirty dozen.  

Update: The new list is coming together: Nong Poy, Anita, Nok, Gif, Liisa Winkler, Kay, Nina Poon.  Is it possible to find 5 more?  Until then, GGs:  Jessica Alba, Yuko Ogura, Zhang Ziyi, Maggie Q, and Gong Li.

Comment

Working...
              X