X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Booze

I don't mind spending cash for booze, just hate for it to be watered down. What places make decent mixed drinks? Also, are there any venues that stay open after 1:00. Will be arriving July the 14th, but figure after I check into my hotel it will be close to midnight. Like to kick things off with a bang my first night. As a side note, what ladyboys would you guys consider to be the best drinking companion. Yes, I know we buy them for sex, but I do like to like the person I am having sex with. Any personal references would be appreciated. People I am going to be looking up are Jenny from the Guess, and Jessica from Casanovas, and definitely going to see if Angie from Obsessions is available. Any further help will be appreciated. By the way, I understand Jenny from the Guess bar likes Long Island Ice Teas, are they any good there?
    John Smith

You might be dissapointed if you want Angie as a drinking partner as she does not drink alcohol. I have seen Jenny have a few on occasion in Guess but do not really know Jessica welle enough to say one way or the other.

There are a few places that are open after 1am. In fact I think there was actually a thread devoted to this not to long ago containing very information on that subject.

Comment

Gong at Guess bar is improving his bartending skills.
      His Long Island Ice Tea is good but not great, His Kamikazee is very good (with my help).

Unfortunately Anna from Obsessions went back home, she would have made a great Lush for a companion.
      "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

Thanks Snick...i do like Kamikazees...if you see a guy who a red goatee that is going white, and resembles a retired pro wrestler...stop by and say hello.
        John Smith

Comment

Guess does not serve watered down or copy spirits and in other bars its not so much they water them down, but substitute no-name brands for premium spirits - eg you order vodka you get something called "Hangoverstriker, imported from Siberia" with a totally Thai label and then on the back of the bottle it says "Made in Thailand" - so if you order Vodka and tonic, then they give you the 'house spirit' which is pretty much as above. Even if you order Absolut or Smirnoff, odds are its still the 'Hangoverstriker" poured into another bottle. In a gogo if you really want to receive what you order, you pretty much have to order a bottle and insist that its a sealed bottle with the tax label intact - however the chances of actually getting all that are next to nothing. Just the other day, I ordered a John Smiths beer in Obsession and got a Heineken

Oh and I think your getting Jenny and Jay confused about Long Island Iced teas - that is Jays old drink of choice (now its Jack Daniels and soda as I think Gong complained about a) how many she was drinking and b) he had to make them). I think Jenny drinks Bacardi Breezers but I am not 100% sure, although knowing Jenny, I reckon she would drink anything so long as its free and alcoholic - in terms of which Guess Girl can drink a lot - she will probably kill me for saying it, but I'd say Jay could and does match most guys drinking ability one for one easily and Jenny,Nan and Pear are up there with her - Ohm is definately the worse - she falls around after one drink.

You can see vividly in Guess bar how they serve real premium spirits by the fact that they have a dozen empty Smirnoff bottles lined up each with a geranium flower in them which actually forms part of an artwork display by the girls changing room.

For drinking ability in other bars, from my own experience, May in Obsession is a capable drinker as is Anna although I believe the latter has been sent home to dry out - however she could really knock back Heinekens. May can polish off loads of bottles of beer without appearing to make any impact.

Cheers
          Mardhi

Comment

Actually Gong made me a nice drink last time I was there..It took him 15 minutes but at least was good
            I think was a Mojito, if memory helps
            Do only what you think it's good for you, and not what others think should be good for you!

Comment

Hey thats impressive -- a Mojito is not an easy drink to make
              "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

(Snick @ Jul. 06 2007,15:23) Hey thats impressive -- a Mojito is not an easy drink to make
                Indeed..and it was good!
                The guy it's not exactly Speedy Gonzales but he is capable
                Do only what you think it's good for you, and not what others think should be good for you!

Comment

His (gong's) Margaritas looked superb the other night too.

And yes, Anna is upcountry at Thailand's answer to the Betty ford clinic.
                  seriously pig headed,arrogant,double standard smart ass poster!

Comment

No watering down the drinks at Guess Bar , altho sometimes when you get the hangover the next day you wish they would have .

2 girls who are friends of mine , only socially , but they will show you a great time in Bangkok .

Nui ( Guess Bar ) , good English  , she is solid little drinker , great personality , likes to go out late dancing etc and knows heaps of after hours spots .

Patty ( Cascades ) , great English and loves to have a good time , dancing , drinking and knows tons of places to go also . Also fantastic personality .

May (Obsessions , badge 11 there are a few May's ) has been mentioned already , totally cool ladyboy .

Cheers MM  

Comment

I have never been out with Nui but can totally concur with May and Patty.

Comment

Ok, I don't mean to be an ass here, but why in the world would you fly to LOS to meet LBs and decide where you'd like to go based on the quality of drinks? It seems somewhat of a waste? If you want a good drink go to a real bar. If you want a good LB go to a LB bar and forget about quality of drinks. It's priorities! You can have lots of good drinks at home. You can't have lots of good LBs.

For good drinkers, there are lots. Pat of Cascades is fun. Anne of Obsessions likes to party. A few girls in Cassanova can handle the booze. But if the personality doesn't fancy you it's a bit pointless, so I'd suggest finding the girl you fancy first, and asking her right near the start if she drinks (most don't).

Comment

If you are particular about your drinks, you can have the bar open a bottle just for you and then have them make them exactly how you like. They will bring it to your table with mixers. It saves money compared to buying by the glass and the bar will keep it for your everytime you return, though it is wise to mark the level and sign it each time. The advantage of opening a bottle is you will find the girls who like to drink will gravitate to you. Info on late night things to do in Bangkok are in this thread.

Comment

you can have the bar open a bottle just for you and then have them make them exactly how you like. They will bring it to your table with mixers.
                            I used to do exactly that but think I will not bother anymore in the Nana bars particularly Obsessions as the mixers they use is some flat post mix cola shot that is undrinkable.

Comment

Good reason to stick with beer

Comment

Working...
                              X