Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Guess Bar & Club 131

The two best LB bars in the world?

Well, who knows... You can say that Obsessions has more ladyboys and talent, you can argue that the Patpong area is a lot more fun after dark and you could even say that Temptations is the best place for a nap between beers!

The plain fact is that the two newest bars are already the most famous...

So why have two new bars suddenly dominated the scene and made some other bar owners sit up and take notice?

Well - first off you have to be noticed and the owners of both bars have used the internet with tremendous success and continue to do so.

You also have to be a place where people actually want to go and this is where the more complicated nature of their success lies...

Despite Pattaya being famous for loud bars and despite the reputation of Pattaya as a haven for seedy, gloomy and noisy dumps; Club 131 has risen above all the competition by doing precisely what it's competitors are NOT!

As for The Guess Bar... To get there you have to walk away from the main hub of ladyboy life in Bangkok to even get to it!

But still - both of these bars have stormed the market and continue to be talked about in mostly glowing terms by people who go there.

So have bar owners in the past got it all wrong? Could it be true that customers don't like deafening crappy music and watered down drinks?

Bars in the past have had their own way, but that's now changing...

After quite a bit of travelling around the scene in both cities over the last few months I have to say that the big bucks are NOT in the numbers game, but rather in the services offered.

Established clubs had better get their shit together if they are going to survive in the face of increased competition by bars that offer punters what they want.

The bar owners had better be sincere on delivering changes and standing by them too. Punters who love ladyboys aren't lager louts or young drunks here for 2 weeks at a pop...

The LB loving community is generally older, well connected and they talk, hunt and spend in gangs - and they aren't happy being taken advantage of and they DO have money to spend on girls and bars where they feel comfortable.

With the thankful addition of these two bars I feel a corner has been turned in the way other new and already established bars will operate in the future...

And the news is all good for us guys, too...

Comment

will be there on the 11th , so I will see what all the fuss is about re; guess bar .

Comment

Well said Stogie, I been to club 131 a few times and never any problems. The other bars in particular Hi Boss, have it days numbered. I use to like Hi Boss many years ago (I had favorite) but now it€™s nothing more than a dump.

Guess bar, very good and no problems. Always a great place to relax and have few beers or more.

Richard

Comment

I've enjoyed every visit to both these bars - can't say that about any others!
          TT

Comment

"With the thankful addition of these two bars I feel a corner has been turned in the way other new and already established bars will operate in the future..."

Well, we can only hope so, but I can't imagine, the owners of Obsession bar or Cascade would ever ask the customers, what kind of changes they should make to their bars, in order to make them more "guest-friendly". The last time I was there in March, I was shocked to see that the lady drinks have gone up to 130 Baht. The first time I was in Obsesion bar, I think I paid either 90 or 95 Baht. the next year it was 100, then 110, then 115, then 120 and now 130 Baht and if that already wasn't bad enough, you still have to put up with staff, who don't have the slightest idea about delivering service and even bother you, to give them a tip, even when they were not serving you at all!?
            I would actually like to see these bars go downhill, just to show the people operating these bars, that we customers are not stupid and will not put up with anything, just to see some ladyboys "dancing" on stage.

Best of luck and great success to the Guess bar and Club 131 and any other new bar with a similiar concept!

Comment

iwe think you hit the nail on the spot stoogie...
              especially about the "newcomers" use of the internet and their "readyness" to listen to the costumers....

actually i think that the next bar we will see follow this "reciept" is LITA`s bar...

also you "hit" the fact that many of us LB lovers are maybe a bit older...yes...but also a bit more able to spend money..

so...now its time for "revenge of the costumers"
              all the ladyboys i know laughs when we have sex.....no matter what book they read

Comment

I've thought about this... I'd like to round up 20 lb fans from anywhere - storm into Obsessions and Cascades and sit there for an hour without buying a thing... then just quietly leave.

A 'Ghandi' like protest... Nothing will happen for about 50 years!

Comment

(stogie bear @ Jul. 10 2007,16:25)
                  I've thought about this... I'd like to round up 20 lb fans from anywhere - storm into Obsessions and Cascades and sit there for an hour without buying a thing... then just quietly leave.

put me on the list....
                  would love to a part of a happening like that..
                  all the ladyboys i know laughs when we have sex.....no matter what book they read

Comment

(batman4ever @ Jul. 10 2007,10:07) actually i think that the next bar we will see follow this "reciept" is LITA`s bar...
                    I don't think so becouse the boss or the mamasan haven't got the eye for what is the good looking LB or sexy LB is looks like...

Guess bar V Club131...
                    131 wins hands up....Its in PATTAYA
                    So many Ladyboys so little time..

Comment

Theres no way I could sit still for an hour in there , could we make that 5 mins , it would still be a token protest
                      Free your mind and your ass will follow .

Comment

(69billy @ Jul. 10 2007,20:47)
                        (batman4ever @ Jul. 10 2007,10:07) actually i think that the next bar we will see follow this "reciept" is LITA`s bar...
                        I don't think so becouse the boss or the mamasan haven't got the eye for  what is the good looking LB or sexy LB is looks like...

Guess bar V Club131...
                        131 wins hands up....Its in PATTAYA
                        Billy - you should offer your services on a consultancy basis
                        No honey, no money!!

Comment

mahatma stogie has a ring to it  

Comment

(jimslim @ Jul. 11 2007,01:00)

Theres no way I could sit still for an hour in there , could we make that 5 mins , it would still be a token protest  
                            i also think we maybe need some handcuffs to help our mentally strength...

Comment

A terrible thought just grabs me...

they might just think we are english teachers..

Comment

Working...
                              X