X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CODE 3 ~ Did you know?

Not everyone knows that you can click 'New Posts' to save time going through all the individual forums to catch up on all the new pictures and trip reports, etc...

If you click on my new avatar you'll automatically get all the new posts also...

Or you could click HERE too!

Why not save that link to the forum instead?

Or... If you save the avatar (which is HERE!) on to your desk top every time you activate it and click on it you'll get logged on and sent directly to the new posts!

Stogie (AKA Code 3!)

(There is a copy of this in the Tech Support forum... I'll delete this post in a few days!)
    Click on my avatar to see all the latest posts on this forum!

Or if you clic here you'll see the best Posts in this form..
    http://forum.asiantsgirls.com/cgi-bin....;st=140

So many Ladyboys so little time..

Comment

THANKS!! I Always am learning SOMETHING on this forum. Thanks to the BEST!!!

Comment

I remember the day I discovered the "New Posts" link. It was a great day.

My only complaint is that in regular threads, there is a little icon that tells you if you have posted in that thread, etc. Those little icons don't show when you use the New Posts link.

Is there any way to change that Stogie? I would find that very usefull.

Comment

That's a good point and I'll look into that when I get back to Bangkok in a couple of days...

Comment

Tried the "New Post" link and it took me to a page of threads, but not to a list of the actual new posts.  I couldn't find a "button" that would take a user from the list to the new post within each thread.  Is there a way to go straight to the new posts without having to wade through each thread?
            Thanks.

Comment

jackg, sorry the function doesn't work that way. The easiest way to get to the newest post in the thread is check the date - the newest post will be the most recently dated and will be the last post in the series. If there are multiple pages, just click on the last page, after the page is loaded press "Ctrl+End" and you will be at the newest post for that thread.

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
              Membership Levels
              The Rookie Thread
              New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
              Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

(rxpharm @ Nov. 14 2007,03:06) jackg, sorry the function doesn't work that way.  The easiest way to get to the newest post in the thread is check the date - the newest post will be the most recently dated and will be the last post in the series.  If there are multiple pages, just click on the last page, after the page is loaded press "Ctrl+End" and you will be at the newest post for that thread.
                Not easy at all and far more complicated than it has to be.

Invision Power Board (IPB) and Simple Machines (SMF), for example, take you directly to the newest messages as a separate list starting with the most recent thread to which a message has been added, at the top and showing to the right of the thread title what forum it is located in, etc.
                In IPB, you click on the small blue icon to the left of the thread title and in SMF you click on the word "new" inserted as an icon into the thread title, and the software, which has remembered the last message you read in each thread, takes you the the newest message in the thread that you haven't read. Not the last and latest, but the last you read, so you can pick up where you left off.
                SMF, which is OpenSource freeware, btw, takes it a step beyond a "View New Post" or "View Unread Posts" link that is usually located at the top of the page and near the bottom of the index page you will find another link entitled, "View most recent posts on the forum." This allows you to view every post recently made on the board, whether you have previously read them or not, starting with the newest one first. Very clever.
                SMF is one of the best message board software packages available, IMHO, and the price is right. It's free.

Comment

vBulletin is very good as well (from this users PoV, dunno for admin)

but that's licenced however, but it's a mere pittance for Stogie, just means 1 night at home in front of the TV
                  I've made kathylc  

Comment

another plus is that you can post images as thumbnails and they don't break the frame

btw I've just seen this thread from 2 years ago : https://theladyboyforums.com/cgi-bin....ulletin

what happened?
                    I've made kathylc  

Comment

Well - I like what we have...

I'd like to import the 'thumbnail image posting' feature, though!

The trick with message boards is to keep 'em simple and looking simple.

Most boards I go to are packed full of crappy features which take up space and rarely get used.

Calendars, clocks, most recent posts, posts since you last gave birth, boring monotonous blogs... Yikes!

People come here to look at pictures and read posts. They can all that other crap someplace else.

Comment

One of the problems with the current forum is the search. I offered to fix that problem as that is my area of expertise and I do this every day for many companies and get paid a small fortune to do it, however I offered to do it for this forum for free but seems they are happy to keep it as it is.

Comment

there is a seperate add-on you can buy: http://www.photopost.com/

(ozzie @ Nov. 14 2007,10:32) One of the problems with the current forum is the search.
                          there is a .php version almost finished, maybe this will be a bit better?
                          I've made kathylc  

Comment

(stogie bear @ Nov. 14 2007,17:19) The trick with message boards is to keep 'em simple and looking simple.

Most boards I go to are packed full of crappy features which take up space and rarely get used.
                            Both the packages I mentioned can be as simple or complex as you
                            want them to be, by picking and choosing what what features you want, or don't want, with the click or two of your mouse.

Comment

(Monkey @ Nov. 14 2007,20:45) there is a seperate add-on you can buy: http://www.photopost.com/

(ozzie @ Nov. 14 2007,10:32) One of the problems with the current forum is the search.
                              there is a .php version almost finished, maybe this will be a bit better?
                              I doubt it will be any better as I am sure they will still use SQL to do the searching.

Comment

Working...
                              X