Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I sponsored a slow race horse on Wednesday to the tune of $1000.00 AUD and wish to hell I had sent it to some hooker in Thailand so that I could feel better about myself.I most certainly would have got better value out of the LB..

Comment

I don't think you can call what I do 'sponsoring', but I have an important point for all those that do sponsor.

May lives with me, however, I also am paying for a small apartment for her so that I can have 2 free days a week. That's our mutually agreed free time.

I give May 15,000 baht a month for spending money to do what she wants; like have fun with her friends, buy makeup, buy food during the day, take taxis, buses, etc. May is a spindthrift, I acknowledge, i.e., she never buys ridiculous, expensive things. Her apartment, with all, all, all included (phone, TV, internet, electricity, rent), is 7,000 per month. So, in an average month, I am spending 22,000 per month on May. At this amount she is living a standard far above most Thai people. For example, at this rate, she even saves and buys the odd piece of gold jewelry and sends 1000 baht home to mum each month, and holds 2 mobile phones (why, I'll never know), and buys her own school books.

So my point in all this is that I believe most sponsors tend to give 40,000 or so, and I know of one at 100,000. What I can tell you with a lot of confidence is that they DON'T NEED THIS MUCH to live comfortably in downtown Bangkok.

I agree with Kahuna and Ozzie that I think sponsoring someone doesn't make sense, but "up to you", however, if you are, and you don't know the price of living here, think about 20,000 as a luxurious amount for a Thai lady to live alone, and you are in the right ball park. Cut that to 8,000, and you have the more normal situation, cut that to 4,000 and you likely have a quite comfortable life in the rural boonies.

Comment

(rick @ Aug. 16 2007,08:37) , i know the deal but i don´t care. She probably have 3-4 more guys sending.If it makes her happy, so be it.
        Rick

yes its makes her happy, no doubt about it.
        What you are actually doing is not sponsering her, you are working for her.. ask your Boss!, who might as well send her a paycheck . Think about it...

on the other hand

.. if you can afford it then it dont matter.. i smoked for 10 years and i was in reality sponsering the Tobbaco Company and the grim reaper...another waste of money . We all waste some of our money one way or another its just that you have found one of the easiest ways...never mind

" come spend all your money on wenching and wine
        The grave or the poorhouse doth have all in time
        Why Struggle for honours or cudgel for pence
        Twill all be gone a hundred years hence "

Anon

Comment

I've not actually sponsored anyone on regular basis but have done my runs to Western Unions
          All for good causes and to GGs and LBs in need of real help.

However, as somebody said above, we often spend money in silly ways.
          Take me now..losing over 10K US$ in the stock market and watching at the Dow tonight seems like tomorrow will be 12K or 13K
          Would have rather "invested" on some nice GG or LB..
          Do only what you think it's good for you, and not what others think should be good for you!

Comment

And all i asked was if someone else was sponsoring

Thank you kahuna for sharing your wisdom with me, i wish i can be as smart as you someday.

Ziggy, those numbers are interesting. Falangs pays more for rent, right?

donnny, i promised not to tell. Sorry. I could and would like to ask about advices and tell who it is, private with someone here i trust, since this is giving me a bit of a headache lately, but i don´t know anyone really. That´s why i miss Jon.

Comment

(rick @ Aug. 17 2007,01:28) And all i asked was if someone else was sponsoring
              Dont worry , there are thousands...

But you must have known the response in advance surely. I doubt if that ol turd burgler Jon would have agreed with you anyhow..he was anti- sponsership as far as i can remember ....

Comment

(rick @ Aug. 17 2007,01:28) Thank you kahuna for sharing your wisdom with me, i wish i can be as smart as you someday.
                I'm not smart Rick...I never claimed to be...but I do listen to others and try to limit my "stupid" comments on the forum...
                And I certainly didn't realize that I wasn't allowed by you to post my opinions...In the future I'll be sure to ask for your permission first...
                It is obviously more comfortable for you not to recognize the truth...

"...where ignorance is bliss,      
                'Tis folly to be wise."
                "It's not Gay if you beat them up afterwards."  --- Anon

Comment

Guys this is a cry for help !!!!!
                  someone please SPONSOR me
                  Ive been home from LOS three days now , cant sleep or concentrate at work , been feeling depressed , please help to SEND ME BACK ..... I promise in return to visit any one of your ladies and pass on your regards .... PLEASE HELP I cant take it anymore !!!!!!

PS ... my mum is also sick (of me talking shit )
                  and my bicycle has a puncture
                  and Im due a visa bill

cheers guys .... I know you wont let me down
                  Free your mind and your ass will follow .

Comment

Cheque's in the post !
                    If she aint got a dick, she's just a chick!  

Comment

I sponsored a girl three years ago,she left the bar,but when i was not around, she would go on the internet and get customers from chat rooms and web sites,luckily i got off quite cheaply,and three years later she has a bf and sponsor,but still phones and sms me to go with her.
                      In fact she told me last week that she was no longer a prostitute and was a good girl,working a web cam,she wanted me to go eat with her,i told her ok,but if she wanted sex i could not give her money or it would make her a prostitute again,she told me to go to hell
                      I had one girl ask me for money after i had gone back to UK,i wrote back and said times are hard and could she please send me a few thousand bht,just to help out for now,i never heard from her again,even though she was going to love me forever,i just wish i could have had a picture of her face when she read my e mail.
                      Its up to you if you want to sponsor,i dont think i would ever do it again,but i understand why some guys do it.

Comment

(kahuna @ Aug. 17 2007,02:09) It is obviously more comfortable for you not to recognize the truth...
                        It´s amazing how you managed to miss the point throughout this thread.

Comment

Then please enlighten all of us...show us the Big Brain on Rick...

What's is the point of this thread?
                          "It's not Gay if you beat them up afterwards."  --- Anon

Comment

I have never sponsored, but have shagged a lot of girls who have sponsors, even helped them with the text messages and emails sent to the guys back home, who thought the girl was at home with mum.......

At the end of the day, it's not my money and if it makes you feel better and you feel it is a true relationship, keep doing it.

Does anyone no of such a relationship to last long term, I'm sure a few must.

First post, so I have lost my virginity now.

Comment

Rick if the truth be know a very high % of forum readers are sponsors in some way or another.I for one am deffinatly not a sposor and never will be.
                              I hope that is closer to the point for you
                              ps pm me and tell me who she is?? if i know her ill let you know
                              cheers donnnnny
                              Kahuna you bad man many ladyboys tell me this
                              just a sex tourist looking for hot fun

Comment

(donnnnnny @ Aug. 17 2007,08:02) Rick  if the  truth be know  a  very high % of  forum readers are sponsors in some way or another.
                                Can you elaborate on this as I doubt this very much. Right now there are 5170 members on this forum. A very high percentage can I assume 50%? That would be 2585 sponsors on this forum alone.  

Only a small percentage of the forum readers every actually make it to Thailand. Of course there are some guys who sponsor girls without every actually been there but doubt there are that many.

Comment

Working...
                                X