X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

btw
    As far as i know you cant take Ladyboys into most Hong Kong clubs ....and i certainly wouldnt argue with those door guys unless you want to end up in a tin of Catfood.. . anyone whos neck is thicker than his face i dont argue with as a general rule..

Night clubs are a little world on there own. If i had a nice swanky club in London there would certainly be a few types on the "sorry we are full list."

Comment

(diablo80 @ Oct. 08 2007,15:35) Khun Pentire,

could you do this for me toooo that I live in Bangkok and have a LB GF??? I would love to be able to get into Q Bar as an alternative to the Bed...

That is every BKK LB's dream... Entering the Qbar for an LB is like women entering the original olympic games 2500 years ago  

Diablo
      Just go in there and explain the situation to him over a whisky Diablo, I find him to be a charming host and I'm sure your G/F's future entry shall be approved.

Comment

NOTE: I have edited and deleted some posts on this thread to keep it on track...

Comment

They also don't let all gg's inside, like drunken people and looking like Gozilla.
          I was there maybe 7 or 8 times with a Lb...I never havn't a problem to go together in..
          in the week or on weekends....

When someone like to try ,try it it in the week when it was not so busy....

Dieter ..... with Wild card
          Ladyboy Pro....A Bigger Bang

Comment

(ziggystardust @ Oct. 08 2007,23:28) Darkestdesire, not all of us agree with Stogie nor Kahuna.

I for one think this type of discrimination should not be allowed anywhere. Private or public, I think it is not acceptable. I also would like to keep going to this establishment. I don't agree to just 'go somewhere else'.

Also, to say the owner's logic is valid, is crap. He ONLY does it because he can get away with it. If a few ladies caused problems, would he reject all ladies from entering? No. Because he'd be out of business the first night. He does it becuase no one gives a damn about LBs and he can discriminate in this case and no one will act up.

I will be taking this further. I just need to figure out the right way; quietly, public embarassment with video on YouTube, article in Bangkok Post, legal action, whatever, I'm open for it.

I don't go quietly in life, and as one of my employees once told me, "If you as an executive and don't fix difficult things, who will?" I don't disrespect anyone taking the passive route and accepting this for their own reasons. It's just not my way of thinking or dealing with something I feel deeply, is wrong.
            There is a very simple answer to all this. OPEN YOUR OWN CLUB

Comment

(Dieter @ Oct. 09 2007,02:53) They also don't let all gg's inside, like drunken people and looking like Gozilla. I was there maybe 7 or 8 times with a Lb... I never havn't a problem to go together in..
              in the week or on weekends....
              Thanks, Dieter... Very interesting...

This is what I wrote in post #7 after one of our regular moderaters, Road Runner, had told us that his long time girlfriend didn't have a problem regularly visiting this club...

Hmmm... Maybe there's more to this story than meets the eye then. It's probably more of an attitude or dress code situation rather than a carpet ban on transgendered people.
              Anyone see a pattern developing here?

"I can't get in so it must be because I'm with a ladyboy!"

"But I'm a ladyboy and I go there all the time..."

Like I say - it's looking more and more like these judgement calls on admittance are based more and more on dress and/or attitude and this perceived discrimination based on sexuality is a bit of a myth...

Comment

(Tomcat @ Oct. 09 2007,00:16) btw
                As far as i know you cant take Ladyboys into most Hong Kong clubs ....and i certainly wouldnt argue with those door guys unless you want to end up in a tin of Catfood.. . anyone whos neck is thicker than his face i dont argue with as a general rule..

Night clubs are a little world on there own. If i had a nice swanky club in London there would certainly be a few types on the "sorry we are full list."
                Correct amundo.    Most clubs I go to have dress codes ( as do a lot of pubs now ) and some big fucking burly monster at the front door waving people in.
                Some get in, some don't. I don't see the Anti -Discrimination board setting up a table outside these clubs volunteering to pay for these poor discriminated persons law suits.
                Most Pubs in Oz these days don't allow any one to wear thongs( flip flops) even though in Australia now it seems to be fashionable for some hipsters to wear thongs with suits. I don't see the thong making company getting on their high horse and suing clubs and pubs for discriminatinmg against their thongs but allowing Nike wearers in.
                It just goes to show you how good we are all doing if we are starting to worry about a club owners right of who they can refuse or not refuse entry to.
                You ain't going to beat the majority and the majority of people in the REAL WORLD don't give a hoot. The more Gays, Jews, Arabs or the  "who evers" bitch , moan and compalin about whatever, the majority go to the Mall buy bigger plasmas tvs, a hammer, nails and boards, lock them selfs inside and eat more fat and enjoy what they have.

Don't worry about it, there's much more to worry about in the World then a  couple of ladyboys not being allowed into a club. If you asked the ladyboys their opinion, they probly don't give a flying sandshoe. In reality, chuck them a few more baht, take them to the local food stall, buy thm some bbq shit on a stick, take them home and do what comes natural and trust me, END OF STORY.

Comment

If you asked the ladyboys their opinion, they probably don't give a flying sandshoe. In reality, chuck them a few more baht, take them to the local food stall, buy them some bbq shit on a stick, take them home and do what comes natural and trust me, END OF STORY.
                  That sums it up for me... If the Thais don't give a hoot who are we to bitch and moan!

Comment

I'm reminded of a story about this fucking arsehole Scot (he just happened to be a Scot, but he could more likely have been Englsi!) who was (is?) a moderator on a crap forum called "RipOffUK.com" or something like that...

He took his grandkids to MacDonalds for lunch and made a huge fuss about the burgers not looking like they did on the posters that were splashed all over the windows...

All he did was make himself look like a total dickhead and ensure that his grandkids begged never ever to be seen with him in public ever again!

He thought his cause was just and that he was making a difference, but he was just a cunt with all the social nous of an academic at a rave!

Comment

Really.... I like quieter places....but all Gg's and Lb's like this place...restaurants or places where the music are not louder as in Guess Bar....
                      and the don't serve a good Mekhong ..... Philistines.....

Dieter
                      Ladyboy Pro....A Bigger Bang

Comment

who  gives a shit about this over-priced, trendy craphole? Ladyboy or not it's not worth going into even a 2nd time, I tried it once and it was over-crowded and boring, even if they allowed ladyboys in the dump  why even bother?

2 years ago a friend of mine who owns a very popular shemale website was in the city with his Thai wife, a real lady and a stunner to boot.  They wanted to go to the  Q-bar and I reluctantly agreed so we went there;  the muscle-guys at the door took one look at me and said  "no way, we don't allow in people who wear short pants  OR sneakers".  HAHAHAHA,  laughed my ass off at that one and quickly said goodnight to my friends and then went to Big Dogs alone, a normal place which charges 70 baht for a Beer Chang and lets me dress the way I choose and bring in WHO I choose.

For fucks sake, it's the tropics ....  when some clowns tell me "no shorts, no sneakers" and also "no ladyboys", I say  SEE YA,   asssssholes.
                        Guilt is Gods way of telling you you're having too much fun.
                        -Dennis Miller

Comment

Oh Shit - I am agreeing with Buttafly - I don't like Q-Bar either, Its the kind of place that thinks if its pretentious it must be cool, 'all attitude no sanook'.

There was one club on RCA that didn't let me in with a LB, and I simply have never gone back there. Plenty of clubs to go to that are fun and welcoming.
                          "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

you can agree with me sometimes, sneee-ack, once in a while I even say something up here that makes sense!

bars like that shithole have no purpose in the tropics ..... they are cool and important in places like Amsterdam and New York where people line up at velvet ropes and over-pay to be seen with the Beautiful People, but in Bangkok? Why..... it's t-shirt weather, there are hottie girls [and ladyboys] all over the place, and trendy fuckwads who go to the Q-bar and places like that are people you wouldn't want to hang with anyway and usually wouldn't read a message board like this as well.

Right across the street is The Bed supperclub....if you MUST go to a trendy disco in BKK go there, they allow ladyboys and have much more room.
                            -Dennis Miller

Comment

little-known fact  [or not]

This place was a branch-off of a famous place in Ho Chi Minh City by the same name,  a large  disco named The  Q-bar behind the Opera hall downtown and not far from The old Rex  Hotel.  A  Viet Khieu, very loosely translated, is a person from Vietnam who went to the west, made a boatload of cash, and then went back to Vietnam to spend it and live well unlike 99% of their countrymen. Some wealthy V-Q lady made a play on words and came up with The Q-Bar, meaning a Viet Khieu.

Also went there in 1999, same as in BKK it's nothing special but at least there the name makes sense!
                              -Dennis Miller

Comment

(buttafly @ Oct. 09 2007,10:20) you can agree with me sometimes, sneee-ack, once in a while I even say something up here that makes sense!

And I agree with you both!
                                The ONLY time I went to that crappy place was with a non-working LB and a g/f of her. They let the LB in with no problem and inside were at least 3 more LBs already there.
                                Likely, it was the time I ever hated most in all of the times I've had an night out in a disco/bar in Bangkok. This over the 24 years have been travelling to the place.
                                Have seldom seen such a stupid, overpriced, dangerously crowded and with a crappy service in the whole of Asia.
                                It would be just a gracious gift being forbidden access to us all (read us all and not ass hole)
                                Do only what you think it's good for you, and not what others think should be good for you!

Comment

Working...
                                X