Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(moe666 @ Oct. 23 2007,00:12) Afriend married a gg from Chiang Mai years ago he brought her to the states and she was shocked at the poorer neighborhoods.
    Where did he take her??  New Orleans after the flood?  Harlem on welfare-check day? downtown Washington or Miami?   Watts, Compton?   Hell, I have been all over the states and also a good portion of Thailand; one only needs travel to the  BKK slums of Din Daeng or some Issan shithole to know that poor neighborhoods in the USA don't even come close to poor neighborhhoods in Thailand; I visited the "home" [read; shack] of one of the ladyboys' parents on a construction site outside  BKK one night and I wouldn't let a dog live in there, to say anything in America short of living under a bridge compares to that is just absurd.

RE, India..... my good friend Don who is a full-blooded Thai but grew up in the states once told me  this when I mentioned that I wanted to visit India someday;  "I would never go back there for any reason; it is the most filthy, disgusting place I have ever been and 70% of the people you will come across are beggers and it will ruin your whole trip; don't go there".

I trust him; so that was the end of all thoughts about ever going to India.
    Guilt is Gods way of telling you you're having too much fun.
    -Dennis Miller

Comment

Her only understanding of the US came from hollywood and the movies, she thought every town was a beatiful NY, LA, OR SF and that everyone was rich.

My girlfriend once said that most of the Thai girls working in bars donot understand that most of the punters who come on holiday save all year for a 2 or 3 week trip and yes many throw their money around but they are on holiday,a one shot deal once a year.

Comment

(buttafly @ Oct. 23 2007,01:01) one only needs travel to the  BKK slums of Din Daeng or some Issan shithole to know that poor neighborhoods in the USA don't even come close to poor neighborhhoods in Thailand

Because this is how Asia works! Anything half decent you want, has to be paid thru the nose, and the average sucks!!
        When I'm back in my small/medium town in Europe, I live in a block of flats which is actually a kind of government subsidized complex. I've no problem to say that I feel slightly embarassed to say where I'm living when talking to people.
        Having said that, the block stands in a fabulous garden area with undreground car park, it's 30y.o. building still in mint condition with good finishings and the very same flat, which is 85 sq.mt nett/nett area would fetch a premium grade apartment quotation with a rent of some USD 2200/2700 p.m. in places like Hong Kong/Singapore and easily USD 1200/1400 in Bangkok or Kuala Lumpur.
        I pay USD 500 a month back in Europe..go figure!
        Comparatively, if I was born in Thailand, and earning proportionally to what my present sistuation is, I would likely be living in some awful place.
        Do only what you think it's good for you, and not what others think should be good for you!

Comment

The idea of the Thai people about India is correct.

Compared to Bangkok the traffic is huge in Chennai. Driving in Chennai is like sitting in a rollercoaster.

India is filthy compared to Thailand. Hygiene is not at all their best point.
          Does this mean that it is not a beautiful country to visit? Not at all!!
          They have a great culture. It is a beautiful country.
          The people are very friendly and the most of them speak very good English (big advantage!!).
          If you think you can meet a nice girl even a not nice girl, forget it. In Chennai this is not possible. I have never heard about lb€™s existing in Chennai.
          I have to admit that after a stay of one or two weeks in Chennai I€™m close to a depression (the reason for my question). Nightlife doesn€™t exist!!
          I have to go there every 6 weeks for my job and I hoped to spend at least a few happy days there, but€¦

Comment

You guys have India, not all wrong, but mostly wrong. I lived near Chennai for years and years. Of course the superficial image is somewhat accurate but there are nice neighborhoods in Chennai with tree-lined streets and ambiance. Anywhere in India you have to make an effort and seek out the good. A significant fact is that the best of Indian life is in the home and the people are very clean in their homes--the social aspect is the drawback with so many poor areas and lacking government service. The food is quite good, even in restaurants. There are ladyboys in Chennai, I have filmed and photographed them but they beg and live in insular communities. If you go to a mall like Spencers and chat up women you can get their cell numbers. You just have be creative and figure the culture out. There are loads of call girls in places like Bangalore. It is not Thailand where the sex trade is in your face and user friendly but is does flourish in a more discreet way. The question is only if one is willing to sort out a very different culture.

Comment

Reading a few years ago on the World Sex Site that if you stake out a bus stop and watch for a woman who is waiting for a bus but never gets on could be looking for a pickup. This was reported beinging observed in Chinnai.
              How true?

Comment

I cannot say it is true or not. I just told an indian friend of mine that I wanted to interview some ladyboys, and the next day he had rounded up a few. I did not pursue it further because I have too many friends in that city and did not want to be known as a whore monger or similar.

Comment

(stogie bear @ Oct. 15 2007,20:08) They will refuse to go.

... secondly they have an intrenched prejudice against Indian countries and are scared to death of them.
                  This is absolutely true!

The prejudice is totally justified... I couldn't get my Thai LB in Australia who I had been dating for over a year to even visit with me when I had to go there for work...

When I went there I could understand... You'd only do that to someone you really didn't like...

Comment

I wonder how the Indians who live in Thailand are treated? It seemed like, to my recollection, a decent amount of Indians wandering the streets of Bangkok and for some reason a high percentage in Phuket that seemed to make livings as shop keepers. So what is the deal with this deep-rooted dislike to Indians???
                    I'm a rough-ridin', hootin' and hollerin', ladyboy lovin' cowboy! Bang bang yer dead!!!

Comment

(dummy_plug @ Nov. 25 2007,08:03) I wonder how the Indians who live in Thailand are treated? It seemed like, to my recollection, a decent amount of Indians wandering the streets of Bangkok and for some reason a high percentage in Phuket that seemed to make livings as shop keepers. So what is the deal with this deep-rooted dislike to Indians???
                      Well..much better than what they are treated in Malaysia for example, where they make up about 8% (if I'm not wrong) of the entire population, and almost all of them are taxi drivers or employed in low paid jobs.
                      In Thailand, I have seen quite a good number of wealthy Indians. Take for example the owners of the OMNI Towers in Nana, and many many other cases.
                      Somebody..I think snick..was telling me that lots of wealthy Indians are recently purchasing flats in those luxury condos springing up allover BKK.

Back to your question..Thais, like most other Asians living in Asia, are of course xenophobic and racist against who is not a pure Thai, and that includes the chinese who are sort of "newcomers" to the Kingdom. However, they have built up a good degree of tolerance but it's just a facade.
                      Do only what you think it's good for you, and not what others think should be good for you!

Comment

Yes, it does seem to be there are quite a lot of Indians in SE Asian countries. I guess of a country of 1.1 billion people you'd expect to have some of them floating around, but they are quite numerous in places like Thailand, Malaysia, and some in Indonesia if I recall correctly. Just not quite sure why that is.

And yes, many of them are getting quite wealthy. They seem to be a tight-knit ethnic community, not unlike some other groups...
                        I'm a rough-ridin', hootin' and hollerin', ladyboy lovin' cowboy! Bang bang yer dead!!!

Comment

Indians own large chunks of property in Bangkok and Pattaya including Nana Plaza and Majestic Suites. The Sikh community is especially prosperous since they have been they have been in Thailand for two or three generations and made some very astute property investments.
                          Pete

Comment

Hi guys -well I am in Indian living in Mumbai ...have been travelling to Thailand on and off ..till date nineteen times in last 7 years.....i have been on this forum for quite sometime (although rarely posting) as I am a ardent ladyboy fan and has experienced the best of best in Thailand ......numerous times...
                            Now the reason which prompted me to write ..because some absurd remarks had been made about the country and it's people........I feel sorry for the ignorance level of this people and being a patriot was hurt.....
                            This is a request to all you members out there....respect every country however big or small.... each one has it's good side and bad sides........I am a widely travelled man if someone thinks that their country is the best ....i ready to pickup a debate..
                            Thanks a Ton
                            yogidada

Comment

(Stewart @ Oct. 15 2007,23:34)
                              Fascinating idea though... I wonder what other people think on this situation...
                              I think exactly the same as I think of other guys that take girls even to other parts of thailand....."they will have a good time".

Utter bollocks - why is taking someone away from their friends, family and social life 'a good time'? Then throw in that their companion during that 'good time' will be a fat, ugly, baldy git (possibly with a Scottish accent   ).....poor bitch!  
                              absolute fucking shit
                              just a sex tourist looking for hot fun

Comment

Thanks for posting yogidada...

I think your comments should be aimed at Thais rather than the forum members. It's quite possible that we are ignorant about Indian cultures but it's fair to say that a majority of Thais have an instinctive phobia of foreigners that most Western people don't have.

Indians (and nieghbouring countries) have a large presence in the UK and are generally at ease and welcomed by so called traditionally 'English' or 'British' people. They are not considered a threat to the UK way of life.

Comment

Working...
                                X