Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was here first Monkey , find your own bar to apply to be manager of

Comment

LOL, this sounds like a complete disaster, I'm reaffirming my commitment...But I'm taking the HR Manager position.

ps. anyone know if this includes any rooms upstairs ?
      "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

(monkeyman @ Nov. 15 2007,00:00) I was here first Monkey , find your own bar to apply to be manager of
        I meant looking for a new job, I know I'd suck at being a bar manager. The only experience I have is on the paying side of a bar....

'Mystery Shopper' is where it's at baby, getting paid to sample the beers and babes, oh yeah, that I can do...

I've made kathylc  

Comment

hey KL, happy to hear we're on the same page on this. still think it's *very* unlikely, but i'd have absolutely no reservations about partnering with you on such a project. 8 more "good guys" like you and this thing could take off.
          and monkeyman, i think you'd make a great manager. if it gets that far, i'll recommend you to the others. damn, i can imagine those 'investors' meetings already! LBloom, don't know why the PM didn't work. i'll try to send you one and see what happens.
          i *hope* to be back in the LOS by the new year myself, but that's partly dependent on what happens with the writers' strike here, which i think might well last 8 months
          if i hear from at least a half dozen BM's who are *serious* about this, i'll organize a specific time when we can all IM together and, if we think the location at Goldfingers would work for us, and all parties concerned have 'proof' of solvency - which eventually would mean opening an escrow account to hold the funds subject to approval of our offer or setting a time when we all show up in pattaya together, cashier's checks in hand -- we'll take an offer to Bob and see what he says. hell, maybe he'll be 'the tenth man'. having never met Bob, i have no clue how he'll view this "plan" of ours!
          many detail to consider - financial, legal, practical and otherwise - far too many to mention here - but if ten BM's each have $6g usd they're ready to piss away...let's start pissing.
          to quote William Blake:
          "Better murder an infant in its cradle than nurse an unacted desire."
          judging on that scale, owning a bar in pattaya seems like a 'must-do'!

Comment

thnx TB , hope to see you back in LOS soon

Comment

(monkeyman @ Nov. 14 2007,23:15) I need a new job , so anyone buying this , i would make a great manager , no joke
              You are "pissed" now right?
              Your got yer Mother in a whirl
              Shes not sure if your a Boy or a Girl

Comment

I have a Cell Tower in Mogadishu, Somalia for sale. It€™s in great working condition and can be rented out to the War Lord of your choice for a good monthly profit. It€™s a great ground breaking business opportunity€¦ it won€™t last long so hurry!
                Attached Files

Comment

Tell me again how much is the Manager position paying ?

Comment

(BAM @ Nov. 14 2007,18:47) I have a Cell Tower in Mogadishu, Somalia for sale. It€™s in great working condition and can be rented out to the War Lord of your choice for a good monthly profit. It€™s a great ground breaking business opportunity€¦ it won€™t last long so hurry!

how much?
                    always wanted to get into the telecom biz. good synergy with a ladyboy bar, don't you think?

Comment

Alright everyone listen up......I have crunched some new numbers and the results are even better than before. If each partner drinks only 4 beers or 4 mixed drinks per night then the difference in the bar tab is over 50% if the booze is bought correctly. That makes the payback period reduced to even at only 15 months time!!! Also a short time room of sorts will probably be included so that ups the anty even more.

Just think of all the resources we could use from the BM's here... from sharp Ad men, to purveyors of fine liquor, because life is too short to drink cheap booze. We could even send one of our LB experts on a mission to Issan to set up imports of brand new LB's fresh off the bus delivered right to our door at Goldfingers every month or two. There will be some nice femboys for Stogie thrown in there also. I am sure there are other outrageous ideas to make it a fun, and exciting place but getting a constant flow of Isaan newbies every 30 days would be ideal. They would also have to go back to Isaan at the end of 30 days so that will keep them extra hungry to please the customers as they would not get another invite back to make some serious cash in that short of a time. Soon word would spread all throughout Isaan that only the sexiest, horniest LB's get to go on the Goldfinger Bus to make gold in Patts!!!!!

Comment

What are rents like in Pattaya?

Am I right in assuming that Walking Street is the most expensive and Day-Night the cheapest?

Comment

what are you actually buying? Remaining booze, beer, etc? Furniture? The name? Good will? Might just be cheaper to open your own place rather than try to remodel or take over an existing place. I missed the place while I was there in May so don't know how it looks......but having seen, 131, Stringfellows, Jenny Star, Hi Boss, etc.....they aint anything real special regarding the interior design, restrooms, etc.

Take a clay brick, paint it gold...what do you have?? Yeh......a brick.

But on the other had......it is fun to dream and think "what if ?".....
                          ....so,  you're really a guy?..............  

Comment

one thing about you stewart when you have an opinion it broaches no debate.  
                            What rubbish, of course it does. You just debated it. It is my opinion, that's all, which is what I thought forums were for - sharing opinions - if you think it's a great idea, go for it. I would rather take my $6200 and simply be a customer

But I bet it won't be US$6200 up front, and I bet you don't get past month 3, maybe not even month 1....all assuming you can get 10 guys who have never met each other apart from on an internat lb site to agree to do anything in the first place.

My prediction - IF you get the consortium together, sign the lease-thingie, start doing some refurb, then you will get your first visit from the boys in brown.

'New farang management' who have cash to throw around on buying a bar. No idea how much that will cost you just to be allowed to continue to do the refurb. Suddenly your 6200 (plus lawyers fees) is more than 6200.

At this stage, 2 of the 10 say 'hold on, I thought it was only 6200...what is this extra money you are asking for before we have even painted the place....what else is coming?'. They drop out, leaving 8 to pay the bribe and the refurb costs.

You continue and the day before you have grand opening party, the boys in brown realise that they did not ask you for enough, so visit number 2. More investors drop out. Even bigger costs to be shared amoung fewer people.

One of your staff is friendly with the local police chief, and he/she tells the police how much you are making each month.....a large % of which will be destined for guess where.

Of course I saw the bit about 'this is only 6200, it is not a money making exercise'. My point is it will not be 6200.......you wll end up paying much more than 6200, and I doubt if you will ever see one of those free barfines.

I and many others will continue to spend our 6200 on drinks and barfines over the coming months and years with not a care in the world.

Looking forward to the updates   ....and the personal insults

Coupon-cutting, opinionated tight-ass
                            Mister Arse

Comment

..hmmm sounds like a 'timeshare' LB bar to me, might be the first ever tried there; u get the LB's, drinks & room free for a 1 or 2 week stay based on ur vacation schedule??      

..do i get a free promo trip ther to check it out first before i 'sign up'?      
                              .. I'm not young enough to know everything, and not old enough to have done everything..

Comment

Guys.. settle down and smile.

a consortium of lb-lover wouldnt work.. Too many cooks spoil the broth.

I would say: up to u!

Comment

Working...
                                X