X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barfines

I know the LBs get a cut of the drinks we buy them but do they also get a cut from barfines? Was asking one of them that but don't think she quite got what i was asking.

Hello Maycduk,

They don't normally get a cut from each drink.
    Usually they will have to get a minimum number of drinks each week/month  -  I think it's 30 - 50/month.
    If they get less they get part of their regular pay stopped. If they get over a set figure then they will get a bonus.

The same goes with bar fines.  They will be required to get a minimum number each month. It's often fairly low like 5/month.
    I'm not sure if any of the bars pay a bonus if they exceed a set figure.

I would say that if a girl was that successful that she would be probably making so much that any bonus the bar paid would be petty cash.

RR.
    Pedants rule, OK. Or more precisely, exhibit certain of the conventional trappings of leadership.

"I love the smell of ladyboy in the morning."
    Kahuna

Comment

i was under the impression the girls got 50% of the barfine

And the "lady" drinks were partially going back to the "lady"

anyone else clued up here?

Azza

A worthy trip report

Comment

Road Runner is totally correct , except the bar fine minimum is more like 10 - 14 for most bars .

The only bar i know (if its still that way ) that DOES NOT cut the girls salary if the dont make the Quota is Guess Bar , they still have minimum numbers before bonuses kick in , to encourage the girls , but i do believe they only cut salary if a girl is late or does not come in when they are rostered on .

Comment

Nearly, but not 100% correct. This applies only to Bangkok, not sure how it works in Pattaya or Phuket.

In Guess Bar, they have NO lady drink or barfine quotas. Salaries are NEVER cut for under performance, as they have no quotas they need to achieve. Regarding barfines, they get a bonus over a certain amount, but not achieving that does not equate to a cut. Ladydrinks, they get a share (I think its 30b from memory from EVERY drink they get bought, which is paid weekly to them).

Regular Gogo's in Nana have both LD and barfines quotas - non achievement of either means their salary is cut by the value of what is not hit (ie if they short of 20 lady drinks, they get cut 20 * whatever is the commission) and same with barfines. As they have cuts from salaries, these are calculated monthly not weekly.

Salaries are notionally higher in gogo's than in Guess bar, but nett pay every month is generally the same.

KC3 operates in a similar fashion to Guess bar.

As an example, some girls earn upwards of 8,000b on top of their salary for barfine and lady drink commissions in Guess every month. Its not pocket change for sure.

Cheers
          Mardhi

Comment

That is someting else.

In most bars if a girl is late she gets fined.  1 Baht/minute was the sort of figure mentioned and this was on a base wage of 7000 Baht/month.
            It is usually only applied to girls who are frequently late and/or who don't make up with ladydrinks/barfines.

If a girl is completely no-show for a night then she has to pay her own bar fine.
            Bars usually make allowances for being sick or going home to see the family.

RR.
            Pedants rule, OK. Or more precisely, exhibit certain of the conventional trappings of leadership.

Kahuna

Comment

I am pretty sure, for Cascade and Obsession, the gals get 20b on a ladydrink and 100b on a barfine, no minimums. Month to month contract extension is really up to the manager(s).

It can be pretty funny in one of thes bars on pay-day (usually the 4th or 5th of the month) as everyone is trying to figure out what their salary statement means.

Comment

No its 40b in Cascade and Obsession for LD and barfine comm only kicks in (as does LD comm) once they have hit the minimum quota - anything less and they get deducted the difference between what they achieved and the minimum required.

Cheers
                Mardhi

Comment

Was speaking to Vivian (crazy GG girl, see my trip report to find out more) from Angel Witch and she told me over there, they got 50bht for each LD. Did not ask about barfine.

Think one of the LBs told me they don't get a cut from the barfines as it's sort of protection payment from the bars. She may have been from Obsessions.

Comment

Good info from RR and Mardhi...

Don't believe anything that a ladyboy or girl tells you. They'll tell you anything that sways the cash flow to their advantage, but as Mardhi is really close to what is going on (especially, of course, at The guess Bar) then it makes sense that his information would make the most reliable.

Comment

Right on SB. They usyally just sing a big sob story of how they get fined by their bars for: not dancing when they are supposed to, not wearing their sexy shoes; coming in late to work, not getting enough lady drinks, ad infinitum.

Comment

Depending on the mamsan and the bar, fines do exist for the things aperry mentioned.

However, if they have been actually fined or not is the crux of the mater.

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
                        Membership Levels
                        The Rookie Thread
                        New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
                        Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

(stogie bear @ Oct. 30 2007,09:46) Don't believe anything that a ladyboy or girl tells you. They'll tell you anything that sways the cash flow to their advantage,
                          understand your point SB

But i've been told by girls that they get
                          the 50% barfine

I cant see how it advantages them to tell me this
                          as if anything it'll make me consider paying them less

maybe every place as its own rules and there is no standard~~~

despite what we may assume

Azza

A worthy trip report

Comment

Hello Azza33,

My information was from Obsessions and Cascades (same management) about 4 years ago.  The girls got a basic wage of 7000 Baht/month.

As I said above they only got a bonus from the lady drinks after they had sold so many  -  I think it was more than 50.
                            I understood from the girls at that time it was a set bonus but Mardhi's post about it being so-many Baht for each drink over the limit makes more sense.

The girls did not get any part of the bar fine normally  -  probably because the bar could then be shown to be encouraging the girls to commit acts of prostitution - which is illegal in Thailand!   Wheras if the bar takes all the money from the girl they are only 'fining' them for not working  -  hence bar fine.

In Obsessions there was apparently (allegedly?) a bonus for the more sucessful girls  -  but due to the language barrier I never quite established how that worked.

Most of the bars in NEP worked the same way.  Patpong could well be different and I know that Phuket is different.  Pattaya I know nothing about.

RR.

Kahuna

Comment

It varies from bar to bar.
                              I've been in many a bar or a-go-go where the girls are given a little chit for each lady drink and they cash them in when they leave the bar at the end of their shift or when they have been barfined long time. This keeps them in pocket money between paydays.  
                              There are also bars in BKK and Pattaya where the girls are paid a percentage of the barfine and they are given that amount before they leave the bar.  Again, it varies from bar to bar and there is no set formula.

Comment

Working...
                              X