X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Ladyboy bar in Thailand

Last week i had the pleasure of spending a few nights at the best ladyboy bar in Thailand, which is basically like saying the best ladyboy bar in the world, isn't it?

The Cocktails and Dreams beer bar is located under the Tiger Disco complex off of Soi Bangla in Patong Beach, Phuket. This place is great; very large bar, probably 30 feet long with about 30 bar stools around the outside, and a super-nice staff who is always there to wait on your every need. The bar is open-air and you can sit under the stars and breathe in the tropical air, not stale cigarette smoke and cheap cologne. The drink prices are more than reasonable, cheapest you will find anywhere, and as they say, "The lady drinks cost the same as the regular drinks", which means that you don't have to pay 120 baht for 2 ounces of orange juice just so some cute girl will come and sit next to you and chat. The bar is owned by a nice australian guy named Nick and his wife Ning-Nong, a very nice and cute ladyboy from Issan, and they run the place very well.

Best part; Ladyboys! The nights I was there i saw at least 20-25 every night, and most were absolute stunners. the last night I was there 2 new girls had just started working there and Nick and i took a count; 25 girls were working and he said 6 were away that night. Amazing. The girls are all very nice and friendly and will not hustle or hassle you; the rules made by Ning-Nong state that the girls don't come over and bother you unless you ask them to first, and that is very unique in Thailand [try that in a Bangkok go-go bar]. The music is there as well, but only in the background and never enough to give you a headache, and it's very easy to converse with the girl of your choice or with your friends.

Comparing it to other bars; Obsessions, Cascades and KC3 in BKK have an equal number of girls if not more, but they all give you the hard-sell and the hustle, and the music is ear-shattering and headache-inducing. Casanova is similar to the above 3 but the girls are not as cute in my opinion so Cocktails and Dreams is basically better than all 4 places.

In Pattaya, nothing even comes close. Jenny Star bar gives me a headache after 5 minutes; the music is louder than a jet plane taking off and has got to be the worst i have ever heard anywhere. 5 minutes is the longest I have ever been able to sit in that shithole. the girls are OK there but not as cute and friendly as Cocktails and Dreams and they give the hard sell and only want your $$$. Linda Bar? please. Mr. 99 shrimp bar? not a bad place but it's basically a restaurant and it's hard to meet the girls there. Sunee Plaza? boys with make-up, basically. Cocktails and Dreams blows that place away.

Chiang Mai and Koh Samui have nothing like this as well, believe me. While Bangkok has got 4 good go-go bars to be sure, they are all inside, stuffy, play horrible music and you get the hard sell and over-pay for your drinks and that of the girls you like. The Honey Bar on soi 23, which has just re-opened, is decent and open-air like Cocktails and Dreams, but never has more than 6 or 7 ladyboys hanging around and some of them are pretty rough-looking.

Nope, in my opinion, and i have seen all the ladyboy bars in Thailand's tourist area's, the Cocktails and Dreams bar on Phuket is the best of the bunch, hands down. We will be running a huge promotion for this great bar, complete with over 200 pics and a large write-up on it, within the week on the clubhouse. Now you will all be able to see for yourself what I have been saying up here for the last year or so.

Jon

Can vouch for Jon's enthusiasm for this great place. I went to C & D around Jan 20 based on Jon's last Phuket write-up, and wasn't disappointed. It is exactly as Jon says. I talked to some lb's, and they were happy to keep talking even when it was clear I wasn't going with them. It was actually hard to choose which lovely. I finally picked one of the young new girls there; she was very shy with me but warmed up quickly.

The only negative was that when I returned the next night, she got very upset when I didn't sit next to her. (In BKK you can go to a different place for 2-3 nights). I didn't want her to lose face, so I tried Plan B. That is, I just hung around there til I saw which ones I liked. Then I went down to Soi Crocodile and some of them circulated down there eventually, so I had my pick anyway.

Great place, highly recommended.

Comment

I'm impressed. Can't wait to see the pics and to even one day go myself! Sounds like Nick has got his act together. Wish he'd expand to Bangkok!

(If you think I am FTPing 200 pics, Jon, then think again!)

Comment

very cool boyz...sounds like heaven...on my list 4sure thanx

Comment

I know it may sound like a shamelles plug/commercial for the joint but I have to agree with what Jon said. I spent a week down Phuket way and CTails & Dreams was BY FAR the coolest bar down there. best thing is that the girls dont hussle you and give you any shit. nice, friendly place with LOTS of girls for ANYONES tastes. they dance on top of the bar and this was the most popular bar in the complex when I was there. A nice place to go and say hello to nick and his wifey. Nice place-really liked it and if you read my trip reports in, strangly enough, The Trip Report Section you will be reading about CTails & Dreams in my forthcoming reports!! BE CAREFUL OUT THERE and good on ya Nick!!

Comment

Guys,

Sounds like my kinda place. Had a good time in Cascades last trip, but Obsession let me down.....On the list of place to see and do.

Lotusman

Comment

Working...
            X