Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(stogie bear @ Nov. 07 2007,12:29) A lot of this debate is 'hoo ha' over 'human rights' and smokers are keen to tell us of the freedoms being denied them. But non-puffers have freedoms too. Unfortunately for smokers we live in a democracy where most people are non-smokers and it's a simple case of being voted out of town.
    Exactly, so why are all the rights being taken by the non-smokers.

Even if I wanted to open a cigar bar/smokers club in the UK with staff who smoke and customers who know what is involved, I can't- its against the law. This is absolutely ridiculous and certainly not fair.
    seriously pig headed,arrogant,double standard smart ass poster!

Comment

In Singapore the ban on smoking in bars came into effect on July 1st. So far smokers, like myself, have had to go outside the bar or in the case of Orchard Towers out to the "bridge" which spans the two parts of Orchard Towers.
      Like mardhi said, most of these clubs don't have air cleaners as is the case in Singapore. If they did the problem would be more tolerable.
      Some non-smokers really go overboard about stale air when the joke is, the biggest contributors are vehicles. But few in South East Asia grumble about that!
      http://asianladyboy.blogspot.com

Comment

Any one who complains about smoking shoudun't be fucking driving..I like to know how many of you so called nonsmokers drive ,use bus or fly...
        Aren't you poisoning little kids with your exaust fumes and asbestos from your brakes...so F U lot..
        You don't like smoking bars F OFF to non smoking bars..
        So many Ladyboys so little time..

Comment

(69billy @ Nov. 08 2007,05:31) Any one who complains about smoking shoudun't be fucking driving..I like to know how many of you so called nonsmokers drive ,use bus or fly...
          Aren't you  poisoning little kids with your exaust fumes and asbestos from your brakes...so F U lot..
          You don't like smoking bars F OFF to non smoking bars..  
          Typical response from a smoker.

I am not saying smokers should not be allowed to smoke only that they should not be allowed to smoke inside buildings with other people. Show me your statistics where exhaust fumes are causing the same sort of damage as second hand smoke?

If you had kids would you smoke inside with them around?

Comment

And what about the drunk idiots who also ruin a good night out.
            Ruining a good night out and slowly killing someone with passive smoke are two different things wouldn't you agree?

And dont give me the answer that youwould save on health care as it has been proven that non smokers get sick too!
            Yes but nowhere near as often or as long as smokers.

Yes, i dont smoke in restaurants, but to cut it out in bars is just one step too far.
            Why is it a step too far?

Comment

(69billy @ Nov. 07 2007,19:31) Aren't you poisoning little kids with your exaust fumes and asbestos from your brakes...so F U lot..
              pssst, Billy mate, modern cars emit hardly anything these days and as for asbestos brake linings:

(Brake Linings Safety) Regulations 1999

What are the principal requirements?
              It is illegal for any person to supply, possess for supply, or fit brake linings containing asbestos for motor vehicles or trailers.

Exemptions
              There are limited circumstances where brake linings containing asbestos can be supplied or fitted. These are:

Where the vehicle on which they are to be used was first in use before 1st January 1973 and each lining or it's packaging is clearly marked: "ILLEGAL TO FIT TO POST-1972 VEHICLES"
              Where the vehicle is owned by the Secretary of State for defence and used for naval, military or air force purposes or is owned and used by a visiting force.
              The exemption for vehicles first used before 1st January 1973 lasts until 1st January 2005. After this date it will be illegal to supply any brake lining containing asbestos other than for the military application outlined above.

but I know where you're coming from...
              I've made kathylc  

Comment

Do we need for any small thing a law...??
                In the most European countries you could buy cigarettes...when you 18+
                Ok...rooms where air cons run ...it was clear ..no smoking
                But places...bars,discos and and and for people over 18....every owner should decide...smoking or non smoking bar/disco...

I believe in freedom and i respect non smoking areas...

Will I go into Guess Bar when smoking not allowed......???

Definitely ......No!!!!!

Dieter
                Ladyboy Pro....A Bigger Bang

Comment

Lung cancer is not the bniggest concern really, its what smoking does to to your arteries. Look at a person who smokes. They do not have what I would consider a nice face tone as a person that does not smoke. Thats due to the small cappilaries are restricted and the face is full of them, and the persons face takes on a more grey palor than normal flesh tones. Females are hard to spot since most wear makeup.............but in addition to those small arteries and viens restricting it also closes up the major veins in the heart, and leads to restricted blood flow just like cohesterol does. Adding smoking to a list of bad habits like eating junk foods or fatty foods and beefs etc is probably going to get you quicker with heart problems than cancer will.

Besides that, smokers just plain reek of funk..........no matter how much they brush their teeth you can taste and smell it, same for their cars, clothes house. In this region public smoking is a thing of the past. Not a bar or restaurant in this town or those around allow smoking inside or even have outside areas for folks to smoke. On all hospital grounds its illegal to smoke outside.......and in one town smoking on the street itself is not allowed. The fine for tossing a butt down is 4 times higher than a jay walking ticket is........

My brother has been diagnosed with heart disease attributed to smoking. My father died from a heart attack and high blood pressure attributed to smoking......I quit smoking 10 years ago..........I still love the smell when someone lights up a smoke though and sure do not go out of my way to avoid the smell, however I can not handle a smopkey bar anymore since I quit smoking. As long as I smoked a smoke filled bar did not bother me.......now it does.......I just hate seeing a young person with a cigarette as they are doomed to lose the game if they do not hang up the habit. Yes its hard to quit as others stated its so addictive, and to most its a need......

I much prefer to smoke a root now than a butt

Comment

(ozzie @ Nov. 07 2007,21:02)
                    Ruining a good night out and slowly killing someone with passive smoke are two different things wouldn't you agree?
                    Not when they get behind the wheel of a car in a drunk or high state and kill innocents. Pretty similar i would say.
                    seriously pig headed,arrogant,double standard smart ass poster!

Comment

(katoeylover @ Nov. 08 2007,08:32)
                      Not when they get behind the wheel of a car in a drunk or high state and kill innocents. Pretty similar i would say.
                      I said nothing about drink driving when you said drunken idiots ruining a good night I just thought you meant causing trouble or being aggressive.

Either way does not make passive smoking right. This old stale argument does not hold water. Alcohol kills people so lets ban it as well if we are going to ban smoking

Comment

A Worldwide ban on smoking in public places especially restaurants would certainly suit me.

Also, unless she is an absolute stunner who has got to be done...I tend to swerve any LB's or GG's who smoke cig's

I thought that last sentence needed clarification

Comment

.......well if I see a girl/LB smoking at a bar I won't consider her as a possible date.......BUT if I find that she does smoke, but just not when around me, I won't kick her put of bed. And if there is a chance that I'm looking for a real relationship then I'd avoid a smoker. I just dont' enjoy kissing a mouth that tastes like an ash tray.
                          ....so,  you're really a guy?..............  

Comment

(katoeylover @ Nov. 08 2007,06:32)
                            A small percentage of drunks then get in their car and drive home. For those people, the chances of them then running me over are small.

Every single minute you are smoking a cigarette in my company you are slowly killing me.

I have been a passionate anti-smoker all my life. My mother smoked and I hated it. Virtually none of my friends smoke, and I avoid smoky bars as much as possible.

I now LOVE living in Singapore and watching all these weak, addicted people killing each other in their little smoking rooms in Country Bar and Ipanema.

Feel free to block up your arteries and die young.....just fuck off and dont take me with you ....ooops, wrong smiley  
                            Mister Arse

Comment

As I said, fuck off and poison yourselves, not me please

http://www.newash.org.uk/ash_j9ml4esx.htm

Secondhand Smoke
                              Breathing other people's smoke is known as passive, involuntary or secondhand smoking (SHS). It can also be called €˜environmental tobacco smoke€™.

Smokers and nonsmokers alike inhale SHS and this is an unavoidable consequence of being in a smoke-filled environment.

Exposure to SHS has immediate health effects. It can reduce lung function; exacerbate respiratory problems; trigger asthma attacks; reduce coronary blood flow; irritate eyes; and cause headaches, coughs, sort throats, dizziness and nausea. There is no safe level of exposure to tobacco smoke and there are long-term health effects, especially with continued exposure over time.
                              Mister Arse

Comment

What I don't understand is......why do you do this to yourselves, never mind others?

http://www.newash.org.uk/ash_f5izj246.htm

Health impacts of smoking
                                Smoking is associated with more than 50 different diseases and disorders €“ many fatal. It has been known that smoking causes lung cancer since the 1950s. Half of all people who continue to smoke will be killed by it - losing an average of 16 years of life.
                                Mister Arse

Comment

Working...
                                X