Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The thing with votes and polls is that only the people that give a fu*k will respond.

As the non-smokers are going to be more passionate about the debate then this thread will be more along the lines of 'it's killing me, stop it' as opposed to 'I smoke and think it's ok'

I've made kathylc  

Comment

I'm not suprised there are a hgiher % of smoker here than the general population. If we were worried about our health, well would we have sex with "third world" prostitutes?

I smoked for ten years. I still sometimes get cravings but hopefully will never start again. I try hard not to be the stereo typical ex smoker but it can be hard at times and it's very hypocritical I know. I voted for my answer is not on the list as I'd prefer to be in a smoke free bar but don't have the right to tell someone not to smoke as I once did.
      Beer Baron

Comment

(stogie bear @ Nov. 09 2007,17:49) I don't agree, bigkev. I found this poll to be a bit discouraging.

More people smoke than I would have guessed and worse - most of those that do, appear to think that smoking in bars is OK.
        the poll is far better than finding smokers in the majority.maybe i was more observant last trip,but it seemed more lb's were smoking than i had noticed on any previous trip......maybe there are just more lb's and the percentage smoking is the same.??? either way i'm giving smoking venues and smoking lb's a big miss...

Comment

(bigkev @ Nov. 10 2007,01:53) either way i'm giving smoking venues and smoking lb's a big miss...
          Won't have many places to go then as all the nana bars allow smoking, as does Guess!
          seriously pig headed,arrogant,double standard smart ass poster!

Comment

(katoeylover @ Nov. 10 2007,17:06)
            (bigkev @ Nov. 10 2007,01:53) either way i'm giving smoking venues and smoking lb's a big miss...
            Won't have many places to go then as all the nana bars allow smoking, as does Guess!
            no shortage of lb's immediately outside the venues.....in fact that's where i caught up with most of the ones i went out with. no smoke,no deafening music,and no one hassling me for drinks or overcharging for same.....they are quite happy to take the barfine payment inside and reappear a few minutes later.

Comment

I'm from the UK and I like the idea that I can go home from an evening in the pub knowing I can wear my clothes again without washing them, although I think it is a little unfair that smokers aren't allowed to have their own "smokers pubs" where they can all get together and smoke.

It's about freedom of choice to me, smokers should be allowed there "space" and if you don't like it, stay away.

To be fair, I don't think the problem in Bangkok is that bad, most pubs have AC and fans, compare that with some of the tiny antique pubs in England with low ceilings and no AC/Fan, where you could see the smoke bouncing off the ceiling back onto everyone.

Comment

(barnii @ Nov. 11 2007,10:37) although I think it is a little unfair that smokers aren't allowed to have their own "smokers pubs" where they can all get together and smoke.
                I have no problem with smokers being allowed to smoke in an all smokers pub or room but just keep them away from the non smokers.

Comment

Thats one more reason to be the FLASH in and out in a flash, to get away form that disgusting filth you smokers put into your selfs every day.
                  BIggest laugh about this is ., most of the smokers today know and have known for years the health risks, yet they will still sue a tobacco company when they get lung cancer o r gangreen or heart desease or one of the many proven illnesses from smoking.
                  not only the health risks, you smell like a stale old fucking ash stray and your breath is worse.
                  Here's to banning the fucking things once and for all so we can then get onto banning the next thing
                  evolution in action
                  just a sex tourist looking for hot fun

Comment

(bigkev @ Nov. 11 2007,06:40)
                    no shortage of lb's immediately outside the venues.....in fact that's where i caught up with most of the ones i went out with. no smoke,no deafening music,and no one hassling me for drinks or overcharging for same.....they are quite happy to take the barfine payment inside and reappear a few minutes later.
                    nice one kev
                    just a sex tourist looking for hot fun

Comment

Well - 100 votes on...

More smokers reading here than I thought...

Not too many people seem to mind the smoke and smokers in bars in Thailand although those that do like to make a noise. (I'm one of them!)

Hope they don't start banning the booze next, but I can see this being next.
                      Attached Files

Comment

I voted # 5.. I'm a non smoker.

What I find most annoying about smokers isn't the bad smell they seem to carry around, as it also comes out of your skin cells, dear ones... I can live with that, what does tick me, big time is........

"they" don't seem to give a shit about other people who sits near them and just puffing right up in the face of the neighbor - almost (I know this isn't every single one)..... and why is it that damn cigarette ALWAYS ending up pointing so that damn smoke circulate right over to, me, when I sit next to a smoker.... ....

PP

Comment

[/URL]
                          Funny Pics at href="http://www.pyzam.com/funnypictures">pYzam.com

So many Ladyboys so little time..

Comment

I can't be arsed reading all the posts in this thread, but when I read the title I thought it was a reference to giving a BJ in a ladyboy bar. Oh dear, that now brings back good memories of the Guess Bar in May.

Just don't shoot your load on the couch, it pisses Jay off.

Comment

I know this is a semi old post, but this past weekend I spent three days F/S/S attwending a AKC dog show. Outside this dog show was a van parked that was literally covered from bumper to bumper with pro smoking propaganda. The person that owns this van is from Kentucky and goes by the name of Ticked of Granny from Kenntucky.who is absolutely T'd with smoking regulation. She goes full tilt. For every reasoon not to smoke she has probably half a dozen reasons to counter those other reasons not to, as well as a heap of other info. I took her handout of literature mainly to have something to read between the different classes at the show and I do have to say she would make a great pro smoker campaiginer. She refuses to spend a penny in city or town that has anti smoking laws in effect......and pulls into events like dog shows where its pretty normal for folks to sleep in their cars or RV's and just camps out looking for maximum exposure to her cause. One of her biggest bitches is its the big drug companies that support and push for all those anti smoking bans, as they do not make any money off nicotine, but make tons of it off smoking cesationo products like Chantix, and Nicorette gum and patches..........and there simply is no reason those items should cost as much as they do............its the drug comnpanies making the money. Another interesting thing is there is not one single death certificate that states death wa due to 2nd hand smoke, and there is no proof in any medical or scientific papers that really proves 2nd hand smoke is actually as deadly as claimed. She had a researchable breakdown of 2nd hand smoke as compared to typical car exhaust and outdoor BBQ and fires, and attending a fireworks displ;ay etc, and the numbers show what is in the air you breath is actually less harmfull from 2nd hand cigarette smoke than all of the others. @nd hand cig smoke is more objectionable than others mainly due to the publicity it gets and it may be more irritating to air ways etc, buit its not necessarily any more harmfull just from those attributes.

She made lots of good points why smoking is not what it is stated to be, but I for one certainly can say that I never felt better in my entire life than when I stopped smoking cigarettes..or hanging in smoke filled places.

Comment

I wonder how she debunks those who claim their hair and clothes end up reeking like someone elses filthy habit.

I agree with whoever said smoking near someone should be considered the same thing as spitting on them.

Comment

Working...
                                X