Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So guyys, if on the 23rd December Nana Plaza is closed, Patpong is not the place to go?

Comment

Doug, that was classic...

And you€™re a seasoned veteran€¦.. Can you imagine the virgin tourist getting skinned alive in there.

Comment

The biggest load of bollocks ive ever heard. Get real, its just a road with a few bars .... no different from any other sex park..

A right load of whiners and wimps you lot are.....

Comment

Guilty as charged!

Comment

Doug, an excellent post, and absolutely spot on.

I live across Silom Road opposite Patpong and frankly, I rarely visit the place. It is exactly as you describe. It has deteriorated dramatically over the last twenty years and should be rejuvenated as a shopping mall etc. Well, no, thats a bit too drastic, but they certainly need to clear that bloody market out of the place.

Too true, elderly rubber necks and dopey farang shoppers need to leave the entertainment areas and let the place get back to the fun days. There is too much desire for farang money, excerbated by toothless old skanks and leech like touts. Yes, Doug, a very good post and one which should warn others of the problems of Patpong.

Thanks for posting

jb

Comment

Mind you - if you can manage with post-ops, there's a few nice ones in King's Corner.

Maybe you picked a bad night - or were there a bit late - with the nice ones already taken?

Never as good as a LB - but if the circumstances dictate .................. ??

Comment

i disagree. there are 3 sexparks in bkk, which nana is better, but patpong better than soi cowboy, consider available lbs.
                i enjoy patpong on each stay, but i have 4-5 regular places. never had any real hassle.
                you usually get what you deserve. and thais probably doesnt approve much of sex-touristsm,
                they probably enjoy joke about the most obvious ones.
                long-time tourists rarely anything about thailand after awhile as they come face to face with
                awful the truuuuth ha ha ..
                it would be much more informative as mardhi would have put it, to write about which places you like
                and will recommend.

Comment

I don't see PatPong better or worse than any other heavily-patronized-by-tourist place.
                  Geeezz..I'm always surprised to see that people who have been living in Asia since years still do not get it!!
                  Mentality in here it's FOKKING different, OK!
                  They don't give a shit about who you are and what you look like and where you come from.
                  Could be myself, Mr. Stogie, Mr. Doug or Bill Clinton..and we are all the same. No difference whatsoever. Just another cow to milk.
                  I tell you what! On the street level of my office building in Kowloon there is this little shop selling watches. It's run by, a now oldish, chinese man who has been seeing me for the last 15 years or so.
                  Fuck me..can you believe he still thinks I'm a tourist??
                  Seeing me almost every day going back and forth to the building and asking me "When are you coming back to Hong Kong next time??"
                  Where am I? In Retard-Land???
                  But hey..this is reality..wake up! this is Asia..but then again..if you go to Soho in London or Pigalle in Paris or in the super-obnoxious Amsterdam red-light area, would you think it's so much different?
                  My best suggestion is..go and see some Museums!
                  Better for the soul, the mind, and the pocket
                  But then again..I wish they had more and better ones in Asia
                  Do only what you think it's good for you, and not what others think should be good for you!

Comment

Mmmmmm Willow trumps Buffy in the hottie stakes, but only just. You need to walk at least 250m down the road from the entrance to even get a taxi that will use the meter. Bastards! All Farang either rich or stupid, so says Mr Thai.

Comment

(Torurot @ Dec. 04 2007,18:24) Mmmmmm Willow trumps Buffy in the hottie stakes, but only just.  
                      Willow , from memory , was outed as a lesbian as far as i remember in about the second series, although as i didnt have SKY i was a year behind watching it on channel 4.  Anyway Buffy is the prettier by far.

Patpong
                      The official unofficial taxi pick up point is in Silom opposite Soi4on the corner and this takes you around the other way into Suk. No meter here. This is where the Thais go and where i go

Comment

Gentlemen (and all and any others)

Just picked up on the thread - been away from civilised (internet on every corner - civilized??) society for a while and I'm amazed that anyone should have doubts about Patpong.

I've lived in Thailand for 16 years (Paradise for a TS loving perv!!) and have avoided Patpong like the plague for the last 14 - it ain't a "modern" thing it's always been a
                        *Shit tip
                        * Rip off
                        * Dangerous (Date rape knock out)
                        place that makes "seamy" look special. Surely we know that when we go to bars there's only one goal - get what's in the fat farang's wallet - but at least in places like Guess/Cascade/Obsessions they do it without the hassle and the risk.

Each to their own but to go back to the original post - YES anyone who goes and is shocked needs their heads stomping on!!

Leave it to the copy watch/teeshirt loonie's and the idiots who think that 600 baht for a Rolex that stops 10 minutes after you've bought it is STILL a good deal.

Comment

(thaitslover @ Dec. 04 2007,20:08) * Dangerous (Date rape knock out)
                          This thread gets more ridiculous by the day.

You havent lived in Thailand for 5 minutes by the sound of it. if you do snare one of the few Freelancers the chance of getting drugged are no more than in Pattaya or Suk...Anyone who takes freelancers knows the score anyway

Me!, i dont care if you are strangled or clubbed to death but get the facts right.

I doubt if anyone in K3 is going to use knock out drops on a punter.

Comment

Tomcat is correct - if you go there determined and not looking around the touts and the stall merchants will generally leave you alone.

Also reports of being drugged by actual bargirls is rare - much more likely to have been by a freelancer. The bar owners know they cannot take a hit to their reputation if stories like that circulate. Even the overcharging of bills prompted a change in procedure (sign each one now). By the way drinks are less expensive in Patpong vs. Nana Plaza as are the bar fines.

You are going there for sex, not as a tourist, so ignore the superfluous stuff and you will be fine.

KC3 - someone has reported it has reverted to all lbs again (yay!) with a mix of pre and postops.
                            KC - still a mix of 50% postops and 50% ggs.

KC3 is still getting some of the lovely university girls as they allow part timers (weekend), so if you wander in during a weekday you may not spot the best looking ones.

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
                            Membership Levels
                            The Rookie Thread
                            New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
                            Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

Hi,
                              spiking drinks,unfortunately happens,
                              A few years back(when i was a guy) i was drinking in KC,whilst distracted,someone slipped something in my drink..fortunately a couple of the girls who were dancing on stage noticed what was happening and got to me before i drank too much..and the villains of the piece? EASTERN EUROPEANS!
                              Lesson here is you can't trust ANYBODY! Ladyboys,gg's,straight,Asian or farang!
                              It's not a uniquely Patpong problem nor is it uniquely a ladyboy problem!Areas like Patpong,Pattaya Amsterdam or where ever red light districts are attracts all kinds of people,the good the bad and the ugly!Personally i like the place,i don't get much hassle off the shills anymore,but i do understand how things like that can be very annoying to some people,seriously has anybody here gone in to a bar because some shill twisted your arm enough? You all seem to know where your going and what you are looking for.. The place would be much better without them..
                              Naang Faa
                              x
                              Forgot how this forum works  

Comment

(Naang Faa @ Dec. 04 2007,22:12) spiking drinks,unfortunately happens
                                Meh, I'm not fussed about that.

90% of the stories about Thailand = Dangerous are bullshit fantasies of barstool jockeys that are passed along from bar to bar and always told as if they happened to the re-teller or to "someone they know".

Drinking yourself blind in the redlight district of any major urban center anywhere in the world is a bad idea.

Notice that my rant wasn't about Patpong being "dangerous", but rather HIGHLY ANNOYING.

Big difference.

You'll also notice that I freely cussed out the touts and bar staff (in Thai too) and even walked out of one place without paying for my drink and not a damn thing happened to me.

According to "conventional wisdom" (aka: barstool bullshit), I should have been beaten senseless or drugged, robbed, and left in a back-alley dumpster.

Meh.

Hasn't happened yet, and I doubt it ever will. Heck, the average pub next to an American university is WAY more dangerous than the seedest places in Bangkok. You're far more likely to get the shit kicked out of you in one of those places.

In fact, I'd venture a guess that many stories of "drink spiking" actually involve some tosser who got piss-drunk, staggered into a cab, dropped his wallet in the taxi while paying the cabbie, and then knocked himself out trying to step over the curb. The next day he wakes up in the gutter with no wallet and no memory and so "invents" an exciting story to tell his friends next time he bellies up to the bar.

More interesting than just saying, "Hey guys, I can't pay for this round because I got so pissed last time that I lost my wallet."

Comment

Working...
                                X