X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have a DRY Holiday

I know no one wants to hear this, but Thailand will be dry this weekend, 15+16th, and next weekend.

Bars will be closed, AND no booze can be sold at any store from 7am to 5pm.

This is somehow related to the upcoming election, but don't ask me how.

"Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

dry 2 weekends in a row?
    any official source such as a newspaper?

Comment

What !!! My word ain't good enuff for yah !!!!

I was in Guess bar last night when Jay was given the official notice about this weekend.

Next weekend is the actual election, so everything will be closed for sure. Only question is will it be more than just Saturday and Sunday.

Comment

2 years ago I arrived in Pattaya on the night before an election and everything was closed or €˜dry€™ down on Walking St. and the Cops were around in force to make sure no one got any wise ideas€¦ so I headed up to Sabai Land Massage on a tip and what do you know as soon as I walk into the place they ask me if I€™d like a beer€¦ sure enough I said YES! Had 2 beers€¦ a soapy massage and fucked the girl in her ass€¦. Left the place feeling great!

Comment

As I was about to say.......
          TIT...You look around and you will find
          You Live and You Learn -- Hopefully!

Comment

Soooo not good, i arrive friday14th at 10:30pm
            and was looking forward to hitting guess over that weekend!!

Snick do you know if the bar will be open, and just not selling alcohol, or all bars are supposed to be shut?

if soo can any one advice what the best plan of attack is for girls, the booze i can miss, but dont want to waste 2-4 days of LB action in the LOS

cheers

Jaime24

Comment

Guess bar will be closed for sure over this weekend and most likely the following weekend as well   .

Your best bet jaime either bring some duty free booze or make your first stop a 7/11 or Family mart and stock up on booze . 7/11 wont sell any booze after midnight , family mart are not so strict   . Altho if the selling of booze after 5pm in stores is allowed you may not need to do this , as i say thats an if , might be better to take no chances .

Best bet for girls is send myself or Snick a PM and we will pass on our phone  numbers , then SMS us on a thai sim for some phone numbers , or alternately get your self phone numbers on the Friday night , either in Guess or outside Nana after about 1 am ( they dont like handing out phone numbers in the Nana Go-Go's , but outsdie no problems )  

Comment

Thank you very much Monkey Man,
                i will send you PM now and really appreciate your help, also let me know when you will be about in BKK and will by you a beer or 2 when the bars are open!!!

Comment

Buy some duty free booze !
                  Get as many phone numbers as you can Friday night !

Family Mart has a sign saying they won't be selling booze after friday evening (I heard 6pm). This is in addition to the normal no booze between 2pm-5pm (which is the law, but often ignored). i.e. on Friday you can only shop between 5pm and 6pm.

If this all sounds very confusing...thats because it is

Comment

cheers for the advice snick,

looks like Australian duty free will be gaining some extra $$$$

Comment

Damn i might have to wear the same clothes for 3 or 4 days in a row down in pattaya this weekend , because not enough room in my bag for clothes and a case of San Miguel Light

Comment

Thats why we are taking a Taxi...I need to bring along a case of boooze

PS. I got the superior room this time, plenty of space for a small party.
                        PPS. We could ask Beefy to shop for us

Comment

What is the story about after midnight on Sunday 23rd, I arrive in Bangkok at 11pm on 23rd and am undecided whether to head to Pattaya or into Sukhumvit.

Comment

No idea. Monday is a semi-holiday, and I don't know if places will be allow to open Sunday night. It could go either way.

( its all random here, they just throw sticks in the air and call the results laws )

Pattaya is probably a safer bet, because if they do decide to make Monday dry then there will be more places to cheat in Pattaya.

Comment

Quick tip:

Just because the shutters are down and you can't hear music it doesn't neccessarily mean they are shut, so don't just rush past.

Use some 'intuition' and you're highly likely to find a lock-in somewhere, it might not be a LB bar but at least it'll be a start and you can ask the girls if they know of somewhere else, although the girls are a little thin on the ground as they're supposed to go home and vote (it's the law or something).

I've never been unable to find a bar to buy booze on a dry-day, not in BKK, Pattaya or Phuket.

I've made kathylc  

Comment

Working...
                              X