Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(monkeyman @ Dec. 12 2007,09:17) Damn i might have to wear the same clothes for 3 or 4 days in a row down in pattaya this weekend , because not  enough room in my bag for clothes and a case of San Miguel Light  
    Snick · Posted on Dec. 12 2007,10:10
    No idea. Monday is a semi-holiday, and I don't know if places will be allow to open Sunday night. It could go either way.

( its all random here, they just throw sticks in the air and call the results laws )

Pattaya is probably a safer bet, because if they do decide to make Monday dry then there will be more places to cheat in Pattaya.
    I have been reading on the Asia Bugle that it appears Pattaya and Phuket are not affected by this coming weekends dry run  

Comment

Even on the Kings birthday last week there were quite a few places serving , was pretty quiet everywhere though in Pattaya .
      Free your mind and your ass will follow .

Comment

Well i hope your right Pentire , altho my liver wants to strangle you now

Comment

(jimslim @ Dec. 12 2007,18:17) Even on the Kings birthday last week there were quite a few places serving , was pretty quiet everywhere though in Pattaya .
          The King's Birthday was not a no booze day. Some bars expected it to be, but the police never said to close.

This is different, the police issued a closure notice. And for once issued it days in advance, often they only tell the bars a day before.

I hope things are normal in Pattaya, but I doubt it. ( I do expect many places to be open and 'running silent' )
          "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

I wonder if Mr Barely_Legal also happened to get a closure notice , it would be good to hear from him about this weekend

Comment

If you are flying to Thailand this holiday season and your main priority is where you can get drunk then please don't even bother coming.
              I'm really Sexist...

Comment

(monkeyman @ Dec. 12 2007,08:05) Best bet for girls is send myself or Snick a PM and we will pass on our phone  numbers , then SMS us on a thai sim for some phone numbers
                How much are you "charging" for that
                Your got yer Mother in a whirl
                Shes not sure if your a Boy or a Girl

Comment

standard, one drink per number. Two for a superstar.

Comment

Well for me i will happily help free of any charges , but any charity drinks are appreciated .

Snick is going to flame me now for under charging , flame away

Comment

My understanding is similar to Snicks - ie bars in Thailand are closed on the 14th and 15th as well as following weekend.     It is possible, but not confirmed that bars can re-open for drink sales on the evening of the 16th.  Nobody knows what time this takes effect from though.      Apparently the ban is nationwide - NOT just BKK but who really knows.

By the way, I suspect this has little to do with the actual pre-voting but more trying to outflank any demonstrations that may or may not take place on the weekend before the election - the penalty for anyone drinking is compulsory fine and jail time - I suspect its a tool for the police to try and deter trouble brewing rather than anything else - the tourists just get caught up with it.

I also suspect a BBQ at TTChangs is in order over the weekend        

Cheers
                      Mardhi

Comment

(mardhi @ Dec. 13 2007,02:51) I also suspect a BBQ at TTChangs is in order over the weekend...
                        Save me a rib, and keep out of my bedroom!

Comment

(mardhi @ Dec. 13 2007,03:51) I also suspect a BBQ at TTChangs is in order over the weekend
                          Yes, been out to Tesco for the booze today  
                                  .....  You'll have to BYO LB  though (and a spare one for the host   )
                          TT

Comment

(stogie bear @ Dec. 13 2007,08:37) and keep out of my bedroom!  
                            That wont happen...its taken care of.... the new lodger has put a lock on the door.

Comment

I have been reading on the Asia Bugle that it appears Pattaya and Phuket are not affected by this coming weekends dry run  
                              Contrary to my previous post, I have just been on the phone with a friend who owns a restaurant in Pattaya and today he was also notified by the ''peelers'' of the no alcohol sales order for this weekend.

Comment

(pentire @ Dec. 13 2007,20:48) Contrary to my previous post, I have just been on the phone with a friend who owns a restaurant in Pattaya and today he was also notified by the ''peelers'' of the no alcohol sales order for this weekend.
                                HA !

You owe me a drink !!!

wait, no drinks !

SHIT

Comment

Working...
                                X