X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New  ladyboy book

bought a new book today, just published in 2003. "The Third Sex; Kathoey, Thailands ladyboys" by Richard Totman. seems pretty fascinating so far and an easy read; I am almost finished it already. some of this stuff is very true and some of it is opening my eyes.

one note on the 2nd page; 'this book is only available in thailand". I picked it up at the airport and you guys can also.

Jon

Hi Jon, as I mentioned this book in the old forum as well. It's available in Europe and I'm pretty sure in the US as well.

MK
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEdXtf-GHvU

Comment

Any pics?
      Ask the guy if he could download it so we could have a gander.

Comment

Hahaha...no, this is more a scientific lecture abot TG's in Thailand, no sex, sorry...

MK

Comment

Hi Guys,

It is a MUST read for any guy serious about the ladyboys of Thailand - that includes you too Stogie !!!! A really great read , well researched and very broad in its outlook. I have considered contacting Richard Totman as I know he teaches down here in good ol' blighty just to converse with this guys whom I am sure has more insights into this fascinating and totally absorbing world ! My girlfriend recently called me in almost terror saying she wanted and needed to buy a 'spirit house" for her family home. Had I been either cynical or more importantly ignorant of thai culture I could have drawn some really negative conclusions for a plea for a LITTLE money for this endeavour !!!

Great great book I'm just pissed that the bastard ( in the best sense of it) beat me to it - can u imagine 3 years of "pure" research with those fascinating ladies lol !!!!!

Love to hear your comments Jon and others !

FYI,

I got the book through Amazon in 2 days !!!!

Bricktop

Always on TOP.

Comment

The Economist had a review of this book last year (I think there was even a thread on your forum Jon). Once you finish this book, if you are into the future possibilities of technology to alter us physically and psychologically (and how else would we get ladyboys) you should pick up (Baroness:suspect: and pharmacology professor from Oxford I see from the jacket) Susan Greenfield's "Tomorrow's People." Truly fascinating.

Comment

BTW the 'for sale in thailand' applies to a particular production run, or lot of books. Usually the publishers sell the rights to a local publisher, who prints a separate run on their own paper, ink, etc. and restrict sale to a set of countries. They will do this if their distribution networks are small or unprofitable in a country.

Comment

I wish someone could mail me a copy of the book!!!!
                A Christmas gift for the little match girl hahahhaa
                www.winklergirl.com
                My Facebook
                PHILIPPINES: +639153569810

Comment

Salma...... I will give you my copy when we meet up....you will enjoy it and it is a very good read. i met the girl on the cover today! very nice girl....we did pics....i felt like I was dealing with a celebrity!

Jon

Comment

who is she jon?

Comment

Originally posted by (Jon @ Nov. 16 2003,23:44)
                      Salma...... I will give you my copy when we meet up....you will enjoy it and it is a very good read.   i met the girl on the cover today!  very nice girl....we  did pics....i felt like I was dealing with a celebrity!

Jon

thank youuuuu!!! jon!! you know how i love to read literature about my own kind!!!

hugsssssssssssssss

what a real nice guy....!!!!
                      www.winklergirl.com
                      My Facebook

Comment

>>>>what a real nice guy....!!!! >>>>

Don't trust him Salma!!! He is after something, and I bet we can all guess what!

And don't fall for the "Come into my darkroom....trust me I'm a photographer" routine!
                        Mister Arse

Comment

Jon, is the cover girl actually one of the three featured characters in the book? Maybe Daeng? Where did you meet her?

MK

Comment

hahha stop that Mr. Stewart!!!!

Mr. Jon is really nice.....
                            heheeeee i hope
                            www.winklergirl.com
                            My Facebook

Comment

Its available here in london aswell. I fly to bangkok tmw morning so will buy it at the airport..£19.........Jon u still goan b in pattaya next week???
                              Up The Ass Of Every Successful Business Man Lies a Ladboys Thick Long Cock!

Comment

Working...
                              X