X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bombings in Bangkok

I'm not living in fear I'll be there in 2 weeks but it does make everyone else worry about you traveling there.
    Travel Advice and Advisories from the Government of Canada for Thailand

I am in LOS now - it looks like they may have captured the main suspects, and 2 of the other bombs were a result of teen gangs. However, I would advise you keep alert and try to avoid crowded tourists areas. If you see anything suspicious move away from it.

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
    Membership Levels
    The Rookie Thread
    New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
    Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

Best thing to do is avoid crowds or stand at a distance from shows. A mad bomber likes to attack people where they are concentrated like at product shows, boxing matches, areas with poor surveillance, etc. I like to shop during uncrowded hours of the day like the morning or afternoon. Late mornings are best because less automobile traffic and people in the shopping centers. I avoid Bhuakao Tent Market during times when the numbers of shoppers peaks like high noon. I eat early dinners in my favorite restaurants patronized by white western tourists. Remember the Bali bombings? Happened during the peak hours of dinner in a Westerners-friendly collection of restaurants.
      Likewise I try to shop at Fashion Mall and Pantip Plaza in the morning or late just before closing time. Your right to be asking. Just had a bombing in an outdoor HIndu worship area right on Sukhumvit. This is the religion with an elephant god called Ganesh. Later found out it was a bunch of Ugurigars who hate China. Still don't understand why they would attack Thais. Bombers are crazy and hate everybody without good reasons.

Above all, be aware and very observative of your surroundings. Always think where and how would a bomber or gangbanger attack?
      Don't trust anybody. You can smile and talk to them but never let on you distrust them. Carry small change in your pockets and hide the big bills in a secret pouch strapped to your leg or belt. Don't walk around drunk, cocky, or flashy. Make yourself a small target or unnoticeable. It's like cops who hate red cars. Some of the stupidest tourists I see are Indians who like to flash their thick solid gold necklaces in Thailand just like they do back in their home countries. I tell not to wear them, but they just laugh at me or brag they know how to defend themselves. Stupid kind schmucks. Same for married white older married tourists. I always ask them if they like being robbed of their gold wedding rings, earrings, bracelets, or necklaces.

So be like me. Think like James Bond and always be aware of your surroundings. Act like Clark Kent and be an unobvious traveler. Wear old Tshirts and shorts that are so worn out you would not care if you lost a full bag at the corrupt Suvarnabhumi Airport. Don't drink to drunken stupidity. I like to drink water with the snap cap still on. Never know if someone will be crazy enough to poison you with Methanol like in Mexico and the Carribean where several tourists have been dying. Just stay away from dark countries with lots of obvious poverty. Learn self defence and when to run away. It is not necessarily an act of cowardice.

There are lots of ways to protecting yourself and insuring that you will have a good enjoyable successful vacation. Just keep your mind sharp and THINK THINK THINK every minute of every day. Be suspicious and stay alive.

Comment

Working...
      X