X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel insurance for Thailand?

I plan to travel in Thailand for 2-3 months. How do I buy travel/ medical insurance for Thailand? How much is it? I need to buy a plan that is instantly recognized by Thai hospitals in Bangkok, phuket, and Pattaya.

First do you have an existing medical plan that has a travel component? Or a Medical plan that you can add a travel component.
    Some premium credit cards have enough health insurance built in too.
    That is all you need.

You are best to get insurance that is best for Amercians and from USA. That is who you have to deal with if you have an issue. Before any treatment you must contact your travel insurance provider and Ok any procedures unless you are incapacitated. If you are incapcitated you must contact the insurance company as soon after, as possible. You always must be prepared to pay upfront for medical care until you can square it with your insurance. In some cases they can direct bill but not likely.

This is why to choose the biggest well known companies that won't screw you around. I used to buy my travel insurance from my bank before I got it through my job.
    The bank usually costs more but you know who they are. Now I have GMS with a travel component built in.

This site has a list of some.
    https://www.investopedia.com/best-tr...urance-4842641
    www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

Rockheart is correct, you must buy travel medical insurance from a company in the same country that you are a resident of. Most major insurance companies offer it, and if you already have medical insurance in the US, you can often buy travel insurance from them - possibly at a discounted rate as you're already a client. The same goes for your car or house insurance - check if they offer travel medical.

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
      Membership Levels
      The Rookie Thread
      New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
      Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

Thanx. My Hawaii HMSA does cover some but not all hospitals in Bangkok and Pattaya. Covered local anesthesia shots for my shoulder at Bumrungrad. Had to pay full price and bring home receipts. Took about 8 months to get reimbursed. Still might be better to buy Thailand medical insurance and pay little up front. Will call my VISA card company and my private medical insurance. This Covid disease is causing far more pains than expected. Thailand is gambling not to discriminate against the Chinese to save their economy. I suggest just give everybody automatic 60 to 90 day walk in tourist visas. Do not revert back to 30 days. What are they so stingy about. It just gives excuses not to come. I don't like wasting my valuable time at immigration offices in bangkok or soi 5 in Jomtien. According to youtube.com and Rides4kickz it can cost over b2k to have an opportunitistic agent get the required stamping. Sometimes this agent disappears with the money and passports. I last November I sent my tourist 60 day online application only yo be told it was never received. Fuckin stupid online system .they refuse to accept mailing applications. Dumb 3rd world country.

Comment

Just checked usa tourist visas are 90 days. Thailand stop being so fuckin Jewish and stupid. Learn to give tourists what they desire. Drinking hours until 5 AM. leave the ladyboys alone. Just station undercover cops on Beachwalk near pattaya soi 6. Hire dumb-looking Indians wearing their 10 baht gold necklaces and deputies them. Arrest those beating bar bouncers on Walking street. Reopen the Honolulu consulate. Silly cheapskates.

Comment

Originally posted by George Pill View Post
            Thanx. My Hawaii HMSA does cover some but not all hospitals in Bangkok and Pattaya. Covered local anesthesia shots for my shoulder at Bumrungrad. Had to pay full price and bring home receipts. Took about 8 months to get reimbursed. Still might be better to buy Thailand medical insurance and pay little up front. Will call my VISA card company and my private medical insurance. This Covid disease is causing far more pains than expected. Thailand is gambling not to discriminate against the Chinese to save their economy. I suggest just give everybody automatic 60 to 90 day walk in tourist visas. Do not revert back to 30 days. What are they so stingy about. It just gives excuses not to come. I don't like wasting my valuable time at immigration offices in bangkok or soi 5 in Jomtien. According to youtube.com and Rides4kickz it can cost over b2k to have an opportunitistic agent get the required stamping. Sometimes this agent disappears with the money and passports. I last November I sent my tourist 60 day online application only yo be told it was never received. Fuckin stupid online system .they refuse to accept mailing applications. Dumb 3rd world country.
            Most plans you will usually have to get reimbursed later. Just find a good plan that can pay you faster.
            Your private medical insurance probably has travel built in like mine does or travel insurance you can add.
            Sounds like it does. You just have to be at an approved medical facility that is licensed as such in Thailand.

The reason you need to contact your plan before treatment is to make sure it is covered at the hospital or doctor you are going to. Most reasonable costs will be covered, but in Thailand you can easily end up at a witch doctor who is not a real medical professional. However depending where you are you should be covered if you have to seek the closest emergency care.
            I went to the nearest "hospital" in the countryside near Buriram. The "doctor" I saw, I don't think was really a doctor.
            She didn't know what a wart was but they can usually comfort or treat most people at these places but would not be covered by insurance.

You don't want to try and get reimbursed from a Thai medical plan if you are from the USA. You have no legal leg to stand on.
            Get travel health insurance from your home country is really the only option for you.
            www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

That's why i like to stick with established top hospitals like Bumrungrad whick is only a mile from Nana Plaza by scooter taxi. Not sure if they hospitalize. Did hear on 60 Minutes that Europeans without insurance visit for knee reconstruction surgeries. I plan to do future local anesthesia injections for my lumbar back, suprscapular, and cervical nerve pain.

Did visit Yangee Hospital for a liitle lower eyelid bags removal. Reminds me of a veterinary hospital with a factory line. Recommended for TS breast jobs and post-op surgeries. Wish I could observe this surgery. I think YouTube.com has a video. I don't care for post-ops. Not interested. Interestingly many katoeys are honest and will tell you they have a new pussy. I prefer a real pussy that smells and lubes naturally.

Bored? Read Rides4Kickz at YouTube. Very interesting videos about places to visit, eat, hotels, etc. Also Retired working for you.

Comment

I was in the operating room at Dr. Kamol's clinic with my ladyboy friend, up until the surgery started. Her new pussy did lubricate naturally and also looked smelled and tasted real.
                She ended up having some infection or something and it wasn't the same after it was fixed.
                That was 10 years ago and they could make a very good pussy, so I bet a good new pussy in Thailand works very well.
                www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

Comment

Latest news is everybody is welcome to enter Thailand. Just need proof of 2 covid vaccinations. I want to see improvements with 3-6 month walk in tourist visas. And reopen the Honolulu consulate. Why so cheapskate about rent and employment money? All they need is one lawyer plus his daughter manning a photocopy machine and a computer. Each tourism visa NOT issued means a loss of $10k in tourism spending.

Comment

Originally posted by George Pill View Post
                      Latest news is everybody is welcome to enter Thailand. Just need proof of 2 covid vaccinations. I want to see improvements with 3-6 month walk in tourist visas. And reopen the Honolulu consulate. Why so cheapskate about rent and employment money? All they need is one lawyer plus his daughter manning a photocopy machine and a computer. Each tourism visa NOT issued means a loss of $10k in tourism spending.
                      It says they have decided to cancel the vaccine requirements. So you don't need any proof of vaccine.

www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

Working...
                      X