Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Richard, you are not doing Om any favours taking her portrait up so close with a pocket camera that has a standard focal length that would be considered too wide an angle for any sort of portraiture.

And to add insult to injury you have used direct flash on her, thus denying any opportunity for softer lighting that is necessary to create the most complimentary shot.

Are you back in Pattaya? If so, give Manarak a call & ask if he could oblige you with some shots with his new 50mm lens. On his Canon 550D with its 1.5 crop factor (or is it 1.6?), that will give a working focal length of 75mm, absolutely ideal for portraits. Long enough to remove any wide angle distortion & his new lens is fast enough to use without flash. Window light at a side angle is far more flattering & will give a much nicer result.

I am sure Manarak is up for the challenge, after all, what else has he to do all day?
    Despite the high cost of living, it continues to be popular.

Comment

• Give me a break. These are old photos and I am still learning. Besides, I have just got a new camera - the model up from the one I had. We managed to lose the old one - don't even consider asking how. Om is a sweetie though - her first reaction was to give me hers, a birthday present from Philippe. Indeed she insisted I take it home, although she'll get it back on 13 November, which answers your other question.

Comment

•    I was only trying to be helpful. Your new camera will be enough to get the sort of shot I am talking about, you just need to keep the points in mind, no harsh direct lighting & no super close-ups. Stand back a little & use the zoom function to get a nicer perspective. You'll see the difference straight away.

We'll make a photographer of you yet...        
        Despite the high cost of living, it continues to be popular.

Comment

• Your advice will soon have Richard on the way to photo perfection, Paccie. Worked for Snapper anyway!
          TT

Comment

• I miss that happy Snapper and all his costumes. An artist he was
            Did you exchange a walk-on part in the war for a lead role in a cage

Comment

Working...
            X