First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RESIZE your images!

GO HERE!

Less is more!

Shrink your digital photos before you post them...

I'm on an internet cafe connection in shitsvill and I click on a thread with a boat load of images... Great, till these bloated pics start to load and crash my browser or simply stall! Some of the worst offenders are you buggers who see your pics on yourt computer and think they'll look great on here! Well - they WOULD look better here if they were smaller!

I always am careful to post pics NO LARGER than 730 pixels wide... This should make them fit nicely in most browsers and screen resolutions...

Generally, the better the camera you have, the worse the problem! You see, a six-megapixel camera might be wonderful in your hands but posting one or two of your photos and I can kiss goodbye to most of my bandwidth allowance in an internet cafe. In short, these photos should never be posted on the forum without being shrunk first!

One tool I like is ResizR

ResizR takes your image, uploads it and resizes it to the width you specify. If you don't like the result, select a new size and this time you won't have to wait for the file to upload because it's already there.

What's nice about ResizR is you can see on the screen just how big the photo is, so you know exactly what you're sending your recipient.

Once an image is resized, open the forum (or email program) and drag the image onto the 'upload picture' space. If you prefer, you can drag and drop the resized file onto your desktop. Your image will be deleted from ResizR after an hour so you'll have plenty of time to do what you need to do before its time expires.

ResizR has other tricks. If your photo needs to be rotated, click the image rotation link and choose 90, 180 or 270 degrees clockwise.

ResizR can also resize images from the web if you have a browser that lets you easily locate an image's link. Firefox can do this, so view the web page with the image on it in Firefox, right click the image and choose Copy Image Location. Return to ResizR, click the From Web tab and paste the copied URL into the dialogue box. Set the size for the image and click the ResizR button to resize it.

ResizR works only on JPG format images. This won't be a problem for the bulk of digital camera owners as most cameras save photos in this format and the majority of photos on the web are also saved as JPGs. You can shrink or enlarge images - you'll get better results from making them smaller.

If you need to work with GIF images or if you want to crop as well as resize, you'll find a similarly named but different program at http://www.resizr.com. This version has more options including different levels of image quality and size as well as cropping. This site is a little more complex to use but has more features too.

Good luck and please help us all out by making use of this free service that is so simple to use even for non computer types!

GO HERE!

Stogie Bear  
    Attached Files

Thanks Stogie

Been trying for ages to download pics with no success but now its a piece of piss

Dave..
    Your got yer Mother in a whirl
    Shes not sure if your a Boy or a Girl

Comment

TESTING RESIZE PROGRAM.
      Attached Files
      My Femboys can Beat up your Ladyboys.  

Comment

Ahwwww ! I Like this site better;

Comment

Googles Picasa (windows only I think) is pretty good for resizing images
          picasa.google.com
          http://picasa.google.com/download/index.html

Comment

(mirimark @ Dec. 05 2006,07:45) Ahwwww !    I Like this site better;

http://www.irfanview.com/
            I can't see the resize feature on this website... Help!

Comment

(Torurot @ Dec. 05 2006,18:30) Googles Picasa (windows only I think) is pretty good for resizing images
              picasa.google.com
              http://picasa.google.com/download/index.html
              Tried it before but quickly uninstalled this bloated useless program. Slowed my computer down too much. Very complicated to use for resizing pics too.

Comment

I just use the Microsoft tool that Bam linked sometime back...just sizes to small, medium and large, etc... but easy for an idiot like me to use...There is a custom button as well for those who know what they are doing...And you just left click on the pic you want to resize and it magically appears...

http://www.microsoft.com/windows....ys.mspx
                "It's not Gay if you beat them up afterwards."  --- Anon

Comment

Whats the best size for downloading avators Stogie?

Comment

Avatars should be 150 by 150 for perfect results...

Comment

mate

Comment

(kahuna @ Dec. 05 2006,21:44) I just use the Microsoft tool that Bam linked sometime back...just sizes to small, medium and large, etc... but easy for an idiot like me to use...There is a custom button as well for those who know what they are doing...And you just left click on the pic you want to resize and it magically appears...

http://www.microsoft.com/windows....ys.mspx
                        This is a great little program...

Took me a while to figure out that it was as easy as right clicking on the picture and selecting...

Resize POictures - Advanced - Custom...

Thanks to Bam and thanks also for re-posting the link, Kahuna.

Comment

(stogie bear @ Dec. 05 2006,22:36) I can't see the resize feature on this website... Help!
                          Highlited in Green.
                          Attached Files

Comment

My post is more CLear if you download it.

Comment

Resize test.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X