X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twist top beer

The last few 6 packs I have bought here in Canada have not been twist top beers. Since I am staying in hotel and have not brought a bottle opener with me makes for very inconvenient beer drinking.

Why the hell isn't all beer twist top? I mean what different does it make ot the manufacturer?

I know it makes a huge difference to the consumer

Hi Ozzie, were they the regular Canadian brands, imports or some generic knockoffs?

My family used to have a restaurant and whenever I helped there on my visits home, I never noticed that any of the beer they carried had other than twist tops. The restaurant was in Alberta.

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
    Membership Levels
    The Rookie Thread
    New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
    Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

Tonight got some MGD (Miller Genuine Draft)

Last week bought some Singha. I am in Calgary myself. Went to a nice little Thai restaurant tonight called Thai Boat on the corner of 32nd Ave N.E and Barlow. Food was good and they will make it more Thai is you ask them them. Some cute service girls in there tonight too.

Comment

just put the bottle in the door jam and take it off.

Comment

Warm with matches: metal expands more than glass. It'll peel right off.

At least in theory.

POL
          Retired the top 12.  Need a new dirty dozen.  

Update: The new list is coming together: Nong Poy, Anita, Nok, Gif, Liisa Winkler, Kay, Nina Poon.  Is it possible to find 5 more?  Until then, GGs:  Jessica Alba, Yuko Ogura, Zhang Ziyi, Maggie Q, and Gong Li.

Comment

Ah, the worries of the modern business executive....

...will the Fed raise interest rates again?...nope
            ...the impact of global warming?....nope
            ....should I outsource to India?....nope

....Why the hell isn't all beer twist top? ....yep!

I think we are teaching all the wrong stuff at these business schools!!
            Mister Arse

Comment

Rip the palm of your hand trying to open them Ozzie?
              Every little Ozzie/Kiwi Kid learns by the age of six (OK ten) to flick off the top with other bottle.

Comment

Tourot, your suggestion is ok for the 1st five bottles, what about the last one then?

Actually I found some discussion about this by using google (imagine that!).

Here is a bit of an explanation:

On the snobbery side, in Canada it's the imports that have pop-tops, and many of us beer snobs prefer mass-produced European beers to mass-produced North American ones. The division breaks down when it comes to local microbreweries, many of which produce fantastic beer but, in my experience, always use twist-offs. Still, pop-tops seem to suggest quality.
                Ozzie, Singha (of course from Thailand) and Miller Genuine Draft (American) are imports. If you try a Canadian brand, you will find they should have twist off caps.

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
                Membership Levels
                The Rookie Thread
                New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
                Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

(ozzie @ Nov. 09 2007,23:15) Some cute service girls in there tonight too.
                  Missing the shit pits Ozzie?

To me, cans are just as good as bottles.

My per peeve is the plastic Singha water bottles that are sometimes not easy to open. Teerak opens them with her teeth; not sure if that's a good idea though.

Comment

Problem solved:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=akvLIpTOmhM

You just need to be sophisticated.

Update: The new list is coming together: Nong Poy, Anita, Nok, Gif, Liisa Winkler, Kay, Nina Poon.  Is it possible to find 5 more?  Until then, GGs:  Jessica Alba, Yuko Ogura, Zhang Ziyi, Maggie Q, and Gong Li.

Comment

Or you could lack sophistication like all these Australians:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=3yGJVnOwxz0

Fer Chrissakes, Ozzie's Australian, why is he intimidated by a wretched little piece of metal?

POL

Comment

(post-op lover @ Nov. 11 2007,10:08) Problem solved:  

http://youtube.com/watch?v=akvLIpTOmhM

You just need to be sophisticated.  
                        Well I usually just use my teeth but I am not sure my dentist approves.

Comment

(PigDogg @ Nov. 11 2007,01:23) To me, cans are just as good as bottles.
                          Drinking beer out of anything but glass is sacreligious

Comment

(Stewart @ Nov. 10 2007,18:47) Ah, the worries of the modern business executive....

...will the Fed raise interest rates again?...nope
                            ...the impact of global warming?....nope
                            ....should I outsource to India?....nope

....Why the hell isn't all beer twist top? ....yep!

I think we are teaching all the wrong stuff at these business schools!!
                            Thank god I am not an executive.

Comment

(ozzie @ Nov. 10 2007,13:15) Tonight got some MGD (Miller Genuine Draft)

Last week bought some Singha. I am in Calgary myself. Went to a nice little Thai restaurant tonight called Thai Boat on the corner of 32nd Ave N.E and Barlow. Food was good and they will make it more Thai is you ask them them. Some cute service girls in there tonight too.

Maybe you can get that cute service girl at Thai Boat to open that Beer bottle for you the ... "Pussy open Bottle" way....  

This was one reason why I kept Ning around at all times while in Pattaya... she was a Pussy Show pro and she could do the Pussy open Bottle show... among other things€¦ I€™m just glad she removed them Razor blades before we fucked!
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X